Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Meeting with Reed changes Johnson's outlook
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Meeting with Reed changes Johnson's outlook

Aug 13, 2015, 1:51 PM

Meeting with Reed changes Johnson's outlook

Clemson's No Fly Zone secondary is talented and deep, but in order for them to be successful in 2015 defensive backs coach Mike Reed needs players like Jadar Johnson to step up their game. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When nobody is talking much about the secondary

Aug 13, 2015, 2:00 PM

it is a good thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When nobody is talking much about the secondary

Aug 13, 2015, 11:56 PM

I want people to talk about our secondary like it is something to game plan around, because there is fear of facing up to them. That is just as important a part of the success puzzle as the OL. Having been an OL, I tend to be more critical about them, but the whole team has to fire on all cylinders for us to be all we can be. All we can be is a team playing in the last game of the season, and winning the whole thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Meeting with Reed changes Johnson's outlook

Aug 13, 2015, 2:26 PM

Nice to see young man brought along like that. He was challenged and he's stepping up!!

Re: New Story: Meeting with Reed changes Johnson's outlook

Aug 13, 2015, 2:42 PM

It's great that he is studying the playbook for the defense as a whole. To be a total player, it heLPS to know what all the positions are doing on that play. Taking the time to study the playbook every night, along with watching film, is a good start to being a great player at his position. Also, it never hurts to ask if you don't know or are not sure about certain assignments on any given play. GO TIGERS !!!!

This is just my opinion but...

Aug 13, 2015, 3:39 PM

I do not think that the secondary was disrespected at all or in other words looked down upon because of the defensive line from last year.

It takes a team effort to be the best! This includes all aspects and positions on a defense, including the players that come in from the sidelines to relieve their teammates.

Everybody should prepare to be on the field as a starter or full time player!

The DL is just more "sexy"

Aug 13, 2015, 6:44 PM

When they are getting to the QB and putting people in the dirt at the line. That's why they got more attention.

But the minute you have a crappy secondary, everyone is talking about it.

Re: This is just my opinion but...

Aug 13, 2015, 11:59 PM [ in reply to This is just my opinion but... ]

Really, a great DL can focus more attention on the secondary and make the secondary look even better if/when they shut the door on the passing game. I think we are, or almost are, there. This team has a destiny, and it is coming full speed ahead.

"Lock down safety"" I've never heard that term attributed

Aug 13, 2015, 8:28 PM

to safeties.

Are you a girl?;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Translation:

Aug 13, 2015, 8:33 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyc6WbPDZGA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic