Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Know Your Enemy: Wofford Terriers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

New Story: Know Your Enemy: Wofford Terriers

Sep 4, 2015, 7:01 AM

Know Your Enemy: Wofford Terriers

The Wofford Terriers come to Clemson Saturday to take on the Tigers in a 12:30 p.m. kickoff in Death Valley. With that in mind, TigerNet reached out to a writer that covers the Terriers for his thoughts. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For our D this always seems like a

Sep 4, 2015, 7:59 AM

warm up game for GT. Good write up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For our D this always seems like a

Sep 4, 2015, 10:52 AM

It better be very good warm up game. GT looked awesome last night. Granted, they were playing Alcorn State. But last year, Tech started slowly and then ran over everyone. They are not wasting any time this year.

Their writer/cover guy is smart..Wofford will not do as well as in 2011.

Sep 4, 2015, 11:20 AM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Know Your Enemy: Wofford Terriers

Sep 4, 2015, 9:00 AM

Clemson seems to play these type of games a little too loose, im hoping they decide to play this game a little closer to the vest so we dont have another game like 2011. I know these boys are capable of slaughtering the Terriers. Im anxious to see what BV has done with the fresh reload on D. Go Tigers!!

Re: New Story: Know Your Enemy: Wofford Terriers

Sep 4, 2015, 12:26 PM

Wofford is well coached and will be ready to play... they are not the as talented as Clemson, but neither are they the sisters of the poor, I would rank them higher than most MAC or Sunbelt teams. They might be better this year than Wake Forest or Syracuse!

Keys I'm looking for....

Sep 4, 2015, 9:45 AM

Dont care what the score is, I want to see lots of young guys subbed in. I want to see the defense execute good sound assignments vs. the option and make tackles. I want to see the offense be crisp, the OLine execute their blocks in run game and pass pro, pick up the blitzes and protect DW, I wanna see DW hitting guys in stride and making all the right reads. I wanna see no injuries from the Tigers. This is nothing more than a glorified scrimmage and should be used as such. No need to try and run up the score. I certainly dont want to see an extremely sloppy game like we saw last night. that looked like two JV high school football teams out there.

Re: Keys I'm looking for....

Sep 4, 2015, 12:54 PM

Lets just hope that Dabo and our staff has prepared our guys not to take Wofford lightly, and to keep the peddle on the floor until the game is actually out of hand without any possible chance to come back and win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem during the Steele era and what BV has fixed

Sep 4, 2015, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Keys I'm looking for.... ]

Is that if you simply play assignment football and wait for the ball to come to you, you are in big trouble.

The real key is to be disciplined AND AGGRESSIVE. Disrupt the plays 2 or 3 yards in the backfield before the options develop.

That is the key and why our defensive philosophy should allow is to be successful against Wofford and later GT. It was true last year as well. (Thank Cole for easy points and giftwrapping that game.) The defense certainly played well enough for us to win that game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Two professionals honestly discussing college football and I

Sep 5, 2015, 7:32 AM

could not figure out what seemed so different. Good questions and solid answers with no spin. When the discussion did not steer into the sec, I realized that espn was not involved.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic