Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Inside the recruitment of 4-star OL Clark Yarbrough
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 4,048

New Story: Inside the recruitment of 4-star OL Clark Yarbrough

Apr 30, 2015, 7:01 AM

Inside the recruitment of 4-star OL Clark Yarbrough

Four-star offensive lineman Clark Yarbrough will announce his college choice following the last practice of the spring at his school, and he is expected to choose from his list of five favorites in Clemson, Virginia, Duke, Stanford and Florida. What has kept Clemson in the running? What kind of player is he?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Given the academic nature of this kids h.s........

Apr 30, 2015, 7:21 AM

and the time, effort and $ that he and his family have expended, it would be quite a coup for Dabo to beat out Stanford, Duke and Virginia, because even if you don't like these schools, you can't deny their academics. But, relationships and comfortsble fit are important and Clemson does quite well in these areas. Hope we get him. Let's get oline U going!

It takes them 6 days to teach what Clemson can in 5

Apr 30, 2015, 7:46 AM

;)

Re: It takes them 6 days to teach what Clemson can in 5

Apr 30, 2015, 8:03 AM

Granted, Clemson is a superb academic school, but Woodberry Academy is just that kind of school, too. They get in 6 days what most HS schools get in 3 weeks. He will fit in very nicely at any of the schools on his list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Given the academic nature of this kids h.s........

Apr 30, 2015, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Given the academic nature of this kids h.s........ ]

Even Florida is considered to be very good academically. Supposedly, they are the second best school in the SEC academically after Vandy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, but....

Apr 30, 2015, 8:45 AM

if you read this Board regularly, there are many on here that don't realize that UF is ranked higher than Clemson academically, so I didn't even want to go there. EVERYONE knows where the other three rank academically!

take it upon yourself to educate the masses...

Apr 30, 2015, 8:47 AM

the board will be better for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe top 10 educational rankings go like this...

Apr 30, 2015, 8:50 AM [ in reply to I agree, but.... ]

1. Clemson
2. Duke
3. Vandy
4. UVA
5. Florida
6. Louisville
7. WVU
8. University of Pheonix
9. Some random truck driving school
10. Washington and Lee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

if by 10 you mean bo derek 10 then yes, perfect

Apr 30, 2015, 8:54 AM

and maybe we can get enough liquor in lbu to sleep with the 1?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I'm talking academic

Apr 30, 2015, 8:58 AM

prestige top 10. And it's based off of scientific facts, Former Clemson President Jim Barker was in charge of assembling the rankings so you know it's legit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i see my work is done here.***

Apr 30, 2015, 8:59 AM

go chrome or don't go at all.

Why, did

Apr 30, 2015, 9:01 AM

newb reclaim his ballz or something?

i think 90 days same as cash is long over...

Apr 30, 2015, 9:03 AM

rip in peace newb's balls

I agree with others - it's an uphill climb for Clemson

Apr 30, 2015, 8:42 AM

It may all come down to how much priority he puts on academics over football. If he is looking for his own version of balance we could be a leader. If his thinking right now is to NOT go pro, then maybe the business degree is most important and sheepskin from UVA or Stanford is pretty powerful in that area.

If it's Business degree - not sure how that relates

Apr 30, 2015, 12:51 PM

to all the schools on his list . . . Business degrees are VERY Flexible

granted Stanford is a top 10 national school like Duke and UVA - these schools do have specialized programs with advantages - UVA Architecture, Stanford - High Tech

Clemson has an awesome Accounting program ....

at some point you are looking for "fit" and location and perhaps "alumni" -- I mean if he wants to work start up/funding in high tech he should pick Stanford. If he wants to live and work in the Carolinas . . .

should be interesting

All in - our boys know how to recruit

null

Re: New Story: Inside the recruitment of 4-star OL Clark Yarbrough

Apr 30, 2015, 9:02 AM

He would be a great addition to the OL class of 2016. It also helps having Pollard in his ear, as well as Simpson and Bordreaux, who all have Clemson very high on their list. It's been rumored to be a battle between Stanford and Clemson, and I believe distance, as well as having a couple kids on roster from the area is big in our favor. Let's seal the deal...would love to see him in The Valley!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Inside the recruitment of 4-star OL Clark Yarbrough

Apr 30, 2015, 9:16 AM

Mr. Yarbrough will be a great addition to any university's student body. I believe Clemson would be a good choice due to the relationships he will have forever. His top five are all solid academic institutions but Clemson offers an experience like no other university. I have worked in New York, Atlanta and South Florida and a person makes choices where to develop a career. Clark could not choose a better place to develop his football skills and academic goals than Clemson. "ALL IN"

Undergrad=Clemson

Apr 30, 2015, 9:19 AM

From there it's either the NFL

or Stanford,Duke for post graduate work.

Easy decision IMO

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Exactly. From a professional grad school standpoint...

Apr 30, 2015, 4:02 PM

... it's sometimes looked on unfavorably if you get your graduate and undergraduate degrees in the same place. In all seriousness, it benefits him for him to come here, Florida, or UVa for undergrad, then go to Duke or Stanford for a Master's and/or Doctorate. And if he's for real on the field, as smart OL often are, then he really ought to come here. :)

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

Timetable question

Apr 30, 2015, 11:15 AM

The question had while reading this entire article and all of the academic tug-o-war crap, IS......WHEN IS HIS LAST DAY OF SPRING PRACTICE? The article said he would choose on that day. Well, when is that day?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21st after practice

May 1, 2015, 6:19 AM

He is a Va legacy but is praying on it so you know we definitely have a shot based on his values and Clemson's core values presented by the coaching staff.

The fact we are in it speaks volumes to the character and status of Clemson compared to like.... Uh... USuck.

My guess is Stanford

Apr 30, 2015, 12:27 PM

or Duke

We are in it. Don't be shocked***

Apr 30, 2015, 12:30 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

My guess is uneducated and worthless and nothing will

Apr 30, 2015, 12:34 PM

shock me.

perhaps the writing is on - the jersey.

Apr 30, 2015, 2:35 PM

it says tigers. foreshadowing?

Replies: 24
| visibility 4,048
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic