Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Guillermo says offensive line is "mean and nasty"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Guillermo says offensive line is "mean and nasty"

Apr 19, 2016, 7:01 AM

Guillermo says offensive line is "mean and nasty"

Jay Guillermo is the old man of the group, the wizened veteran who has seen it all and done it all, and he isn’t given to hyperbole or excess hype. So when he says this is the best offensive line he’s seen coming out of spring practice, you take note. When he says they are “mean and nasty” and “don’t go backwards” you simply have to smile. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Guillermo says offensive line is "mean and nasty"

Apr 19, 2016, 7:38 AM

Nice of Tennessee to send us these quality young men who know how to play the game. Keep em' coming!

Apr 19, 2016, 8:06 AM

I love TN talent coming to Clemson!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of our weaknesses for many years looks like

Apr 19, 2016, 7:44 AM

it may finally be one of our strengths. I feel more comfortable knowing we may keep Deshaun upright and healthy.

I do wonder, when I read quotes like his, to whom he referred to as "wanted to do it their way". Sounds like we had a few bad apples on the offensive line recently.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im thinking Battle and Region***

Apr 19, 2016, 8:39 AM

Yeah was thinking Battle, Region, and Anthony***

Apr 19, 2016, 8:42 AM

Re: One of our weaknesses for many years looks like

Apr 19, 2016, 8:41 AM [ in reply to One of our weaknesses for many years looks like ]

I to would like to know who it was that wanted it there way and thought they were so good that they didn't have to bring it in every practice. Even though I'm pretty sure I know who one of them were. I'm really surprised that he don't think that there any of those types there now. In team sports, there are always a couple that feel they are to sexy for their shirts!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would be awesome if we ended up with the #1 offense

Apr 19, 2016, 8:08 AM

a couple years after having the #1 NCAA defense.
Barring injury, there's not a weak area on the
offense. If the defense does a decent job, this
could get exciting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D-backs are the key for next season

Apr 19, 2016, 9:18 AM

Would LOVE to see Brian Dawkins come back and help them out some like Terry Allen and Levon Kirkland did.

Dabo....there's a sales pitch for you to work on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know that we will ever have the #1 offense on paper

Apr 20, 2016, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Would be awesome if we ended up with the #1 offense ]

With Coach's tendency to call the dogs off earlier than most, and even more coaches that leave their starter in until the last few minutes of the fourth quarter full throttle, our offense will not put up the same numbers as those guys. I am ok with having the number one offense in reality, and not on paper, with our stars healthy, rested, and the backups getting quality snaps. I just don't think we can expect the number one O on paper. With that said, our second string d was able to put up good numbers year before last, so who knows.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2016, 8:11 AM

Gotta love big uglies when they understand the work ethic that must come in the trenches. No lazy bodies in this bunch!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The next level?

Apr 19, 2016, 8:12 AM

We had the best line in the country last season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get what you're saying, but there is room to take it

Apr 19, 2016, 10:02 AM

higher. This line could actually become so dominant they can impose their will on any front 7. We'll see at allbarn. I want to see war eagle tuck its tail feathers between its scrawny legs and give up. I want this team to embarrass the SECheat on their home turf. Then I want to see a rematch with Bama for the title and not give it to them this time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Just like MacLain was last season people are just are magnetized toward Guillermo

Apr 19, 2016, 8:18 AM

He is a born leader and will have this O-line hitting on all cylinders this season. Cant wait to see them build that block wall to protect Watson, Gallman, and Co. Going to be a great season! Go Tigers!

Next step for OL is for both Guards be able to move people

Apr 19, 2016, 8:52 AM

One of the biggest problems our OL has had in recent years is its ability to get push. Right now Crowder (when his weight in under control and he's in shape) is the only guy we have who can consistently move D-linemen off their spot. MacLain was serviceable, but he wasn't that guy. If we can find a compliment to Crowder on that other side, Wayne goes from a being a beast to a monster. Hopefully Hearn can be that guy.

Re: Next step for OL is for both Guards be able to move people

Apr 19, 2016, 10:35 AM

With the offensive line that we have right now headed in the fall, Gallman could go from a good RB to a Heisman candidate. They only have one trophy, and my choice will be for DW4 bc he won it once already, and they refuse to give it to him bc they had already made up their mind bf the season was half over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best I've heard about OL since the 80's!

Apr 19, 2016, 9:49 AM

All the skill positions in the world mean absolutely nothing if there's nobody to block period. I remember somebody posting that on here years back but was told quickly that we needed more WR's.......Oh yeah, that was me lol.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Yes, it is about time. We have heard this or many years***

Apr 19, 2016, 10:02 AM

I like mean and nasty O-Linemen playing for our Tigers!

Apr 19, 2016, 10:59 AM

Proud of Jay and how far he's come since last spring. He's turned in to a great leader for the offensive line.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of my favorite plays from last year was in the 4th

Apr 19, 2016, 11:22 AM

quarter of the national championship game when we were down to third and goal and we just lined it up and punched it in.

In the context of the game it was obviously a big play but in the grand scheme of Clemson football I thought it was particularly exciting:

We were up against what EVERYONE was calling the best front 7 in all of CFB (and some people the "best ever...") and have struggled for SO MANY years with O-line and RB play on short yardage plays.

It was so satisfying to see the line get a big push against the Bama line and have Gallman just punch it into the endzone! I'm pretty excited about these O-linemen the next few years!

Those words are music to the classically trained ears

Apr 19, 2016, 11:31 AM

of us old farts!!.....:)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mean and Nasty is the cornerstone

Apr 19, 2016, 8:57 PM

Finally an attitude to impose your will on your opponent on every play. To do this with depth will show and pay huge rewards in a 4th quarter. By the last quarter the opposing team will be so beat down and hammered just the will to stay on the field will be taxing. As the Tigers opponents struggle in the 2nd half then the ability to pour it on without taking any pity should be paramount. The season for talking is over and it time to start proving......AGAIN.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic