»
Topic: New Story: Good to great: Grumpy Venables recaps Clemson's win over BC
Replies: 7   Last Post: Oct 8, 2016 7:42 PM by: Gray Tiger
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

New Story: Good to great: Grumpy Venables recaps Clemson's win over BC

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 10:01 AM

Good to great: Grumpy Venables recaps Clemson's win over BC

On paper, Clemson’s 56-10 victory over Boston College Friday night may have looked easy, but when Brent Venables looks back on the Tigers’ sixth win of the season he’s going to see a defense that went from good to great.
Full Story »

The lost art of tackling

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 10:21 AM

Great Defensive performance! I'd still prefer to see wrap-up tackles over big "highlight hits" though. You see it in every level of football these days, high school to NFL. You old school guys out there know what I mean.

Hitting vs the lost art of tackling

[1]
Posted: Oct 8, 2016 10:37 AM

The hit by Boulware was great! That's the way we should play--not dirty, cheap shots, but football hits that scare the opposition. I agree that attempts to strip the ball have become too common, but a tackle on the BC QB would not have likely dislodged the ball, nor caused him to be looking for Boulware the rest of the night! GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Hitting vs the lost art of tackling

[1]
Posted: Oct 8, 2016 12:16 PM

I agree. Boulware rung his bell and the intimidation factor with this kid is awesome. It was fun to watch. Please note I didn't refer to that particular play. However, if you have the game recorded, notice Brent Venables was very unhappy about that hit. BV knows much more about football than I ever will. I defer to his judgement. GO TIGERS!

Coach V. was angry initially before it was ruled NOT a "foul***

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 12:50 PM

military_donation.jpg

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 2:50 PM

Coach V was still angry after it was ruled not targeting. Boulware should have tackled the guy instead of trying to ring his bell. I thought more impressive was Pagano at the goal line pushing the center back to the five yard line like he was nothing.

2019 white level member

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 3:22 PM

whats more impressive is that pagano was on his knees and driving him back. on his knees and legs kept churning

2019 purple level member

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Pagano need to start getting more recognition from the media

Posted: Oct 8, 2016 7:42 PM

He is somewhat overshadowed by Christian, Dex, and Carlos, but he is becoming a beast. That goal line fumble was on him. He pushed their center off the ball about 5' into the backfield and into the qb. Back up or not, that was a helluva play.

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: North Carolina
FOR SALE: 6 together in Clemson section 210 row U, $145/ticket or best offer

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2047 people have read this post