Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Gallman to Elliott: "I have to get it"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

New Story: Gallman to Elliott: "I have to get it"

Oct 26, 2014, 4:05 PM

Gallman to Elliott: "I have to get it"

Late in the fourth quarter of Saturday's 16-6 win over Syracuse, running backs coach Tony Elliott told Gallman that he already had a career-high 80-plus yards, and Gallman told Elliott he needed to go back out on the field to get a hundred. He got it. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Gallman to Elliott: "I have to get it"

Oct 26, 2014, 5:49 PM

Good attitude and way to tough it out ! Gall man did a good job running the ball in 2nd half with good ball protection skills. Glad he had his a game with him. Finally a back may have stepped forward to lead the backfield and produce some good yardage. We'll see.

Oct 26, 2014, 6:37 PM

Sorry, but 3.8 ypc ain't gonna cut it. Hell, he has like 2.5 ypc on that final drive. That's horrible. The OL doesn't create holes, and WG doesn't hit the right holes many times.

Oct 26, 2014, 8:05 PM

3.8 ypc would be a first down on three plays lol.....nearly 4 a carry isn't bad at all

Oct 26, 2014, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gallman to Elliott: "I have to get it" ]

Did you watch the game? Gallman and to a lesser extent Davidson did a pretty solid job of running the ball. When given holes to run into he did a pretty darn good job. You can't always use the yards per carry rule to say a running back is good or bad. Just not good enough with so many moving parts in football.

If anything Clemson as a whole should be setting up the run by passing first. For us to continue to give Cole 3rd and 8 is a bad way to play football. We are getting very predictable with runs up the middle on first and second downs and then the defense just blitzes us and Cole is forced to make a quick decision which is usually a quick pass that has a low success rate of getting a long 3rd down.

When we have looked successful with Cole we have ran the hurry up and thrown on first and second down to set up the short runs on 2nd and 3rd downs. I think we are trying to be something we are not, a running team out of the spread instead of hurry up passing team that throws twice as much as we run.

Oct 27, 2014, 9:33 AM

Agree. There were a few times where he was hit as soon as he got the ball in the backfield. Not necessarily his fault on all of them. That skews his ypc.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gallman to Elliott: "I have to get it" ]

His average on last drive was good enough for a15 play drive and a neel down by Stoudt!
COME ON MAN!!!

Oct 26, 2014, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Gallman to Elliott: "I have to get it" ]

That good anytime you go over a 100yds. With the work we need to get our O-line to stardom. This kid showed durability under the circumstance and still came out with 100yd production in the end. Just imagine what he is going to do when our O-line finds it identity.

So it's not the S&C program or the line coach?

Oct 26, 2014, 6:40 PM

###, what's next?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greatest 3-way play on words for a running back I've heard..

Oct 26, 2014, 9:01 PM

"I have to get it"

1) I have to get the ball. I want the ball in my hands.

2) I have to get to the the hundred mark.

3) I have to "get" it, as in, "understand" what I need to be, what my role is, so that I can be the best I can be.

Love it. Don't know if this was intended, but love it.

This guy can end up being a...

Oct 27, 2014, 10:42 AM

being a big hoss for us. Once the O-Line gets better, and Gallman matures into an even better player, the sky is the limit. I see he's listed just under 210 lbs. Think about a better O-Line, Gallman packing on a few more pounds (closer to 215 or 220), Dye, Brooks, and Choice, and the Tigers may finally have a power running game. The future looks really bright at O-Line and RB.

Oct 27, 2014, 12:22 PM

Gallman did great, I misspelled his last name yesterday, but he was definitely the spark Clemson needed Sat. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic