Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season

Aug 12, 2016, 10:58 PM

From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season

Like every other person associated with the Clemson football program, cornerback Cordrea Tankersley is looking forward to a late October date with Florida St. in Tallahassee. Before he can think about the Seminoles, however, he has another date to think about. A due date. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cordrea.....

Aug 12, 2016, 11:36 PM

Not only are you a great Clemson Tiger, you will be a greater Clemson Dad. I can tell that you are working very hard....grinding every day to provide a good home and better life for young "Cordrea".
Strap'em on, spot the ball and show'um how it's done Big Daddy ????????.

Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by

Aug 13, 2016, 1:13 AM

...the tone of this article? I'm glad he's determined to be a good dad, but is becoming a father outside of marriage and when he's still in school really something we should view as a positive life event? What's done is done, and he's got to make the best of it. But when they put up a picture of Cordrea and his newborn baby during the FSU game, honestly, I'm going to be a little embarrassed. I know he's not the first, and he won't be the last. It's happened in my own family. We accept it and be as supportive as we can, but we don't really celebrate it.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but it just doesn't seem—to me—like something to promote as good. So I'll just say, "Good luck, Cordrea."

Dude, you're totally right, and also

Aug 13, 2016, 2:22 AM

Go #### yourself.

The long way.

Re: Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by

Aug 13, 2016, 3:32 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

Coot! I have a 6 month old boy and another boy otw and I am not married. We are happy together and will most likely get married one day. You are what is wrong with the world.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:46 AM

Really? that is how you respond to a fellow Tiger? that's just pathetic.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:48 AM

So you are defending the man talking chit about our players?

Aug 13, 2016, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

It seems as if you are coot as well

Aug 13, 2016, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

yeah, and if you don't get married will you support your kids? I'm sure you'll say yes but I doubt it.

Aug 13, 2016, 4:03 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

I didn't see the article as celebrating a child being born out of wedlock. I'm 42 and a father of three and my wife and I started out the same way. I'm also not condoning having kids before marriage, but what's done is done. He has every right to be proud of his child and future. It's not our job to judge. We had best leave that to the almighty Jesus. So nothing left to do but lift up the gift of a child. Good luck to the young man may he put God first.

Aug 13, 2016, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

I like the way he is accepting his responsibility and is driven to succeed. His life is changing in a big way soon. Pray that he continues to 'man-up' in his role. While his life events schedule isn't what most parents would like to see, he and his significant other could have chosen other paths concerning the pregnancy. I would like to think the program has helped lead him in the positive direction he is on

I'll be embarrassed that he doesn't already have more kids.

Aug 13, 2016, 7:23 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

We could have the whole Philip Rivers thing going on.

Re: I'll be embarrassed that he doesn't already have more kids.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:41 AM

He has like 7 kids right? How old was he when he had his first

Aug 13, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

It's not my place to pass judgement, nor yours

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 13, 2016, 8:44 AM

I "pass judgement" everyday......and the fact that we now teach our children NOT to pass judgement is what's wrong with the world. There is no right and no wrong........we're done !

Aug 13, 2016, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Luke 6:37

This is why I prefer to keep my faith private. Too many people think they are above others, have the right to judge others, because they go to church on Sunday's.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Aug 13, 2016, 10:42 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

I agree BlackFriar. What's done is done. I am glad that he is taking responsibility for his actions. I am glad that he is being responsible for his son and doing his best to make sure his son has a great example. I will celebrate the birth of his son, but not the circumstances. Unfortunately, he has already started with a bad example of not being married. nor does it say whether they intend to get married.

For all of you who are condemning Blackfriar....grow up. Understand that the Bible does say no sex before marriage. It is not judgement, it is what has been written. Tank says that he believes in God, follows the Word and wants to lead the right life. The problem is, you cannot pick and chose what to believe and follow. Luckily, for all of us, we are forgiven for our transgressions. Everyone on here wants to congratulate Tank for taking responsibility and for all he has done, me included, but the truth is the truth. Don't blast Blackfriar for calling Tank out.

And the doctors are going to induce labor so that he can play in the game? REALLY? None of you find that to be the least bit questionable? So the game is now more important than the birth of his son? This is the message? Inducing an early birth has far more consequences than going past due date...all sorts of potential birth defects. Yes, the doctors deem this to be acceptable, but they are not God...they make mistakes. There is no way that I would put my child in that path for danger...your child will potentially have to pay for that mistake for the rest of his/her life... no game, no matter how important, is more important than the child's safety.

We also have more than one CB. Tank isn't the entire team. Trust Dabo and BV to be prepared for the game. I would have wanted Tank to play in this game, but actions have consequences. Something some of you seem to forget...if you play, you gotta pay.

And for all you fools that want to start the coot crap....I graduated Clemson in 1993.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:47 AM

How is inducing labor after full term putting the child in danger? It can be worse to wait.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:00 AM

They specifically stated that they are inducing birth BEFORE the due date. There are far more examples of birth defects in children that arrive early, than those arriving after the due date. My point, though, is that in no way would I put my child in any potential danger for any game, no matter how important. It is, also, not the right message. "Well, son, we moved your birth up because I just couldn't miss playing in that GAME."

Aug 13, 2016, 11:24 AM

If it is before full term I agree but I doubt it is. Due date is usually weeks after full term.

Aug 15, 2016, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

Typically you won't be induced earlier than 39 weeks for a reason like this, so if they do it the Saturday before the FSU game everything should be fine. I'm sure if they find it necessary to wait for the baby to go full term then they will.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

Graduating from a school does not make you a fan of the football team.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:03 AM

you don't graduate from Clemson and not be a football fan. I have seen, been through, bled more orange than you ever will

Aug 13, 2016, 11:23 AM

Yes I am sure you care about Clemson football so much more than I do.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

Doesn't The Bible have something to say concerning calling people fools?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2016, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

Hey #######...please take this passage to heart you pompous pharistical bigot

Ecclesiastes 6:11New Living Translation (NLT)

11 The more words you speak, the less they mean. So what good are they?

Aug 13, 2016, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

Sometimes the right thing to do is take your opinion and swallow it. They don't all need to be shared publicly. This is one of those times. Frankly I'm embarrassed by your post not Tankersly son being born out of wedlock.

Aug 13, 2016, 8:43 PM

yeah, well no one cares about your embarrassment.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

this young man has a lot of potential in life. He doesn't need you going around judging everything about his life.

Old proverb to live by: "Don't throw stones in a glass house" and "Reap what you sow"

Aug 13, 2016, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

You are a small minded racist

Aug 13, 2016, 8:45 PM

and you are a tee you are dee. with ears.

It is just you. SMH***

Aug 13, 2016, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

I don't know how your ability to pull out,

Aug 13, 2016, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

wear protection, or waste you're prime getting it in years makes you think the life of a child shouldn't be celebrated. Make sure your not using your "morality" to be seen as better than others, it's weak, hypocritical and obnoxious. I had my son my sophmore year at Clemson and I've been more successful because of it. It was a blessing, and I celebrated.

Aug 13, 2016, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

Get a phuckin' life.

Aug 13, 2016, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Is it just me, or is anyone else a little put off by ]

very good post and good perspective. When illegitimate children become something to be proud of....well, count me out.

Re: New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season

Aug 13, 2016, 3:36 AM

It's going to be hard to be on daddy duty and grind out a long football season but if anyone can do it without a drop off I believe this is the man! Hard working and great attitude. Even if it does effect him on the field their are more important things than football. Hopefully mom will sacrifice and take night duty so Tootie can stay fresh till the season is over and he can take over and let mommy sleep lol. Selfish of me I know. Really kidding but I know it's hard on your body the first few months having just gone thru it.

Re: New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season

Aug 13, 2016, 4:29 AM

Where does it say in this article that he is not married.?

Aug 13, 2016, 11:01 AM

Lol, I think you're right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2016, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season ]

Hint: his girlfriend's name is Myasia Jacobs, not Myasia Tankersley. She is a student at Clemson and runs track.

> Where does it say in this article that he is not
married.?

Aug 13, 2016, 6:48 AM

Kearse did it last year with a baby and played very inconsistent, possibly distracted!

Aug 13, 2016, 8:35 AM

CJ, Stephone Anthony, and Sammy all had kids when they played here. All of them are some of the best to play their positions here.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 13, 2016, 8:45 AM

You are missing the entire point.

Aug 13, 2016, 8:48 AM

I know his point was to take a jab at Kearse. Its entirely possible to play at a high level while having a kid or expecting.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Michael Phelps and his infant son say hello

Aug 13, 2016, 8:53 AM

Tons of the worlds best athletes have babies and still perform at the top of their game

Perhaps the point is understood and rejected entirely?***

Aug 13, 2016, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season ]

Aug 13, 2016, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season ]

The point is assuming and stupid.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:38 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season ]

Agreed. Hope it causes no problem

I believe Jesus said Judge not that you be judged &

Aug 13, 2016, 9:07 AM

Love the Lord your God with All your heart, soul and mind and love your neighbor as yourself. I love you Cordrea and I'm so happy for you having a beautiful son. That love Cordea has for his son is the love we should have for one another, it's a sign of being a Tiger.??

It's great to hear how you are wanting to live your life for your children like many of us. I'm so proud of you and can tell you'll be a great dad, can't wait to see your son playing for Clemson.

Go Tigers and dads!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I believe Jesus said Judge not that you be judged &

Aug 13, 2016, 10:07 AM

I agree with you to a point. But one of the things wrong with this country is that we have lost our moral compass. Jesus / God also said sex outside of marriage is wrong. Same with attitude toward pot. It is an illegal drug. Just because you might say everyone doing it so what? It's not what I was taught. Now i am glad he is manning up and hopefully marriage will follow. I may be old fashioned to you, but guess what, God's rules never change. if you want to argue about morals, argue with God, He wrote the book.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:45 AM

Well many people do not believe in god. I do not but my girlfriend does. So she is going to be ###### by god for having 2 babies out of wedlock? We are such bad people. Ruining America over here.

Aug 13, 2016, 3:06 PM

First off, be glad she believes in Jesus. She sees something in you and believes in you. That is a lot. Second, if you were to understand the Bible and what Jesus has preached, you would know that she is not "screwed", as you so eloquently put it. Jesus was crucified on the cross so that our sins COULD be forgiven. If she believes and is repentant, she is forgiven and will be saved. Third, be glad she believes...there is still hope for you. I can say that I was once like you, but I got "slapped" in the face bad enough to realize. There is anger in your "voice". The only way to true peace, and to realize all the blessings of Christ, is to believe. Feel free to try it some time...it will completely change your life for the better. I would, with all my heart, hope that you try to see it.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe Jesus said Judge not that you be judged & ]

Did you really just bring up pot?? The bible also says that God created all the plants, HERBS, and spices and said all was good. So are you saying that our Govt knows more than God?

Opium and Magic Mushrooms too!

Aug 13, 2016, 11:05 AM

All kinds of natural stuff is good for you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't #### off the sky wizard

Aug 13, 2016, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe Jesus said Judge not that you be judged & ]

he will put you in he!! for infinity years

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2016, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe Jesus said Judge not that you be judged & ]

As you said, it is written in the Bible that sex outside of marriage is wrong. By spreading that MESSAGE, you aren't passing judgement. You are spreading His word, which is something we are all supposed to do.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:48 AM

If you are a Tiger fan you embarrass the school. Jesus will not know you.

Aug 13, 2016, 2:22 PM

hmmmmm..... no explanation as to the thought in that one. Please justify your comments. I uphold the Bible and I embarrass my school? The same school who employs a Head Coach who espouses the same beliefs? A school who, throughout my lifetime, has espoused good Christian beliefs. you embarrass yourself. Just because you don't like the truth, are hurt by the truth, doesn't make it any less real. Jesus has blessed me in more ways than I can imagine. I have made my peace. Have you?

Aug 13, 2016, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I believe Jesus said Judge not that you be judged & ]

Yeah, I think everyone knows what the book says on the topic. The book also condones slavery.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:49 AM

You know it's still the slow season when we're reading articles about what kids on our team are having their own kids lol.

Hate to admit this but having a child early with no income or diploma on the wall yet and banking on making millions at the next level isn't a good look. And we all remember Kearse basically shifting all of his focus to his newborn at the end of last season as well. When money becomes the motivation, these kids lose focus and leave early. Part of the program should teach sex education in my opinion. I find it kind of alarming how many of these 19, 20, 21 year olds are having children with no vows, no incomes, with full courseloads and football to stay focused on.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:52 AM

Saint CUYankee my friends. If the man waited to have a child in his position or if it just happened as long as he can take care of the child what is it to you? I love how you are above and beyond others.

Aug 13, 2016, 10:53 AM

Wanted*

Aug 13, 2016, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: From due date to game date, Tankersley preparing for exciting season ]

Saint 75%er, everyone's favorite TNet doooooshbag.

In the USA, over 70% of African American children are raised in single-parent households. When the odds are that far against you, it wouldn't hurt until after your dream comes true to have babies. It might be an opinion but at least mine is rooted in facts.

Aug 13, 2016, 11:21 AM

I agree but when it happens you don't judge and hate. Who is to say his child will grow up in a single parent house hold?

Aug 13, 2016, 1:20 PM

For Crump/chump whoever, to allow these type of idiot threads to go on and on is ridiculous.

Aug 13, 2016, 5:38 PM

It is a put up or shut up year for the Tank....He has accomplished nothing to date.......wants to play in the NFL?.....Give us all the footage Bro.....The time is NOW!!!!!!

I'm glad I could kick off such a lively discussion, but

Aug 13, 2016, 8:13 PM

... a lot of you missed my point. Or perhaps I didn't make my point very well.

I am not judging Cordrea Tankersley. At his age and in his situation (still a student), not to mention the age/situation of the mother-to-be, I am assuming this was not exactly planned. Still, he is taking responsibility, manning up, and that shows a lot of character. None of us is perfect. It's what you learn from and how you respond to mistakes that show what you're made of. I wish the parents and the baby health and happiness.

I am also not condemning other people who have found themselves in similar situations. My parents, married now for 62 years, were expecting when they married. My brother was also a father-to-be when he married. It has happened to a niece as well. It happens a lot, and it does not mean that the child will have a miserable life. Certainly a child born in those circumstances can be a blessing to its family and beyond. I don't care whether the parents are married or not. But I do care whether parents are making a conscious decision to have a child and are giving the child the best odds to succeed. There are countless great people who have lived through situations like this and are better for it. But you have to admit there are an awful lot of people whose lives have been put on a downward track by an unplanned pregnancy, and some of them never recover.

My criticism was actually aimed at Tigernet and/or Nikki Hood for treating this situation like it is something positive. In my opinion, it is not. We like to think our football program is better than anyone else's, not only from the point of view of athletic accomplishment, but from a moral one as well. We hold our athletes up as heroes and role models, because we trust our coaches to recruit young men of character. Again, I'm not condemning Cordrea: a mistake or two does not mean he's a terrible person. The things that go on at other schools—actual crimes—are far, far worse than what we have here, thank goodness. But I would ask if this particular aspect of his life is something you want your own children to see and just shrug their shoulders and accept as totally okay. This article shrugs its shoulders.

Of all the criticisms of my post, the one that bothered me most was the one that implied that no one is allowed to "talk chit" about Clemson football players, simply because they ARE Clemson football players. I love my alma mater and I love my Tigers, but that doesn't mean nothing they do is ever wrong. You can't take a rusted out '74 Vega and paint it orange and claim it's a Ferrari. One more time: That is not directed at Cordrea Tankersley. It's directed at those whose orange glasses distort everything they see.

Anyway, I'm glad we could have this little discussion Keep those cards and letters comin' in, folks.

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic