Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: For Stoudt, no pressure heading into season opener
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 3,808

New Story: For Stoudt, no pressure heading into season opener

Jul 3, 2014, 11:37 PM

For Stoudt, no pressure heading into season opener

You might think that Cole Stout would be feeling the pressure heading into the first start of his Clemson career, a huge road game at Georgia. However, just the opposite is true as Clemson's new and unflappable leader is going about his usual routine. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why can't coaches

Jul 3, 2014, 11:56 PM

Work out with the players until a little before fall camp? Im sure the coaches still find some way to work out with the players but its still kind of ridiculous that they aren't aloud to

Maybe they're just quiet about it (aloud)..... J/K.***

Jul 4, 2014, 12:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why can't coaches

Jul 4, 2014, 12:41 AM [ in reply to why can't coaches ]

I'll bet that the only coach you will ever see on the field when its a no coach contact period, will be Batson or someone else that works in strength and conditioning. They are the only ones out there. But I was thinking that Dabo should hire an out of a job semi retired coach to work with the strength and conditioning office, and the players during the summer work outs.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCAA rules prohibit it

Jul 4, 2014, 4:39 PM [ in reply to why can't coaches ]

Position coaches, coordinators and head coaches aren't allowed to run drills or even be present when drills or workout sessions are held. They aren't even allowed to do film study with players until August 1st. But strength and conditioning personnel are allowed to be there. Thus the loop hole is that the S&C guys run the drills and then report back to the coaches and the coaches then give the S&C guys drills or things to have the players work on the next time.

From the end of spring practice until the start of fall camp the coaches aren't allowed to "coach". Players can choose on their on to go meet with a coach is his office.

Just make the indoor practice facility Chad's office. :-)***

Jul 7, 2014, 2:45 PM

Re: why can't coaches

Jul 4, 2014, 4:49 PM [ in reply to why can't coaches ]

talk to Nick Saban, he is a pro at bringing in "administrative" coaches that can work with players year round.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best insight into the team's summer dedication yet... Soon.***

Jul 3, 2014, 11:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All these experts that claim Watson may start by midseason

Jul 5, 2014, 4:19 PM

are cutting Stoudt short. Stoudt has always seemed to have excellent pocket presence and been much less erratic than Boyd. Looking at Watson he just looks like he needs a year in the weight room. Best thing would have been for Kelly to back and Stoudt and red shirt Watson. But the way we're recruiting, by the time Watson becomes a senior, there will be another 5 star on campus.

From what I've seen of Stoudt, he'll do fine & surprise many***

Jul 7, 2014, 2:47 PM

Re: From what I've seen of Stoudt, he'll do fine & surprise many***

Jul 7, 2014, 3:50 PM

Agree, but he definitely will be under great pressure in this game. A very early sack could unnerve him. UGA is going to come after him, big time. That said, I think he will be fine.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 3,808
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic