Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Dear Todd McShay and draft pundits: Let me help you see what you're missing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Dear Todd McShay and draft pundits: Let me help you see what you're missing

Feb 26, 2017, 12:01 AM

Dear Todd McShay and draft pundits: Let me help you see what you're missing

Let’s face it, the NFL doesn’t always get it right. In fact, I am not sure that when it comes to player evaluation that even a majority of general managers or draft analysts get it right more than half the time. But, just this once, I’m going to help them out.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Dear Todd McShay and draft pundits: Let me help you see what you're missing

Feb 26, 2017, 12:10 AM

I still think Dabo said it best - pass on Watson at your team's peril.

Re: New Story: Dear Todd McShay and draft pundits: Let me help you see what you're missing

Feb 26, 2017, 12:50 AM

I'm rooting for Deshaun to go to a halfway decent team, win at least three superbowls, and prove these so called pundits wrong once again. This guy is a winner; winners cannot be judged by mere statistics.

Excellent article my good man, excellent.***

Feb 26, 2017, 1:16 AM

Re: Excellent article my good man, excellent.***

Feb 26, 2017, 9:06 PM

It really was well done, and it pointed out the many missed judgements by Todd McShay. It almost is comical that folks like him can fool some into paying him for his opinion. I think the Gomer Pyle method of hitting 2 fingers on the edge of a table is more accurate than TM's judgement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mic Drop.......***

Feb 26, 2017, 1:54 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has the mic drop lost its effectiveness? I bought mic stock

Feb 26, 2017, 10:51 AM

several years ago, and I must say it has performed nicely. As people across the nation continued to drop (and break) their mics, my investments in mic companies soared. But I'm thinking it may be a good time to sell as the mic drop has become so commonplace that it's used even for things like ordering some hard to pronounce drink off a Starbucks menu without taking a breath. Yep, the mic drop has lost its luster, and I'm getting out in top!

Feb 26, 2017, 2:24 AM

Send 'em the bill Hood!

Feb 26, 2017, 5:44 AM

McShay wouldn't bat 9th for the Colorado Rockies , he'd have gone undrafted out of Erasmus Tech and instead have ended up selling programs for the Billings Farmhands .
This guy is top level mouth with sub-entry level acumen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Feb 26, 2017, 9:08 PM

Alligator mouth with a hummingbird ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2017, 5:57 AM

Oh, one more thing. The two coaches from the top two teams in college football also said he's the best player!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, DW didn't play much in the fourth quarter...

Feb 26, 2017, 7:09 AM

against the cupcakes on our schedule, well maybe the SECupcakes we beat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That stat does look a little suspect....

Feb 26, 2017, 7:34 AM

certainly sat many aa 4th quarter - still looks low in yrds - wonder how many games went into that career stat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2017, 7:46 AM

Todd McShay is a ****ing idiot. In 2010 on "Gameday" he went on and on and on about how Auburn was going to run us out of Jordan Hare that night. That ended up being a heartbreaking OT loss, but I haven't listened to a word he's said since. Not only is he a terrible analyst, but he's also annoying as hell to listen to and look at.

Feb 26, 2017, 7:59 AM

McShay had Cullen Harper as a top prospect heading into his Senior year. He deserves to be fired. ??

Feb 26, 2017, 8:06 AM

Misspelled Deer.

I've been saying this since his 1st mock draft came out,

Feb 26, 2017, 8:37 AM

there's a reason he and Kiper work as draft analyst for ESPN and DON'T work for an NFL team!! Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've been saying this since his 1st mock draft came out,

Feb 26, 2017, 9:13 PM

I yet find it hard to believe anybody who has to analyze players for a living or make draft choices for a professional team would even bother to scan one of their opinions.

Feb 26, 2017, 8:38 AM

David Hood, of all your great work, this may be the best yet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2017, 9:14 PM

This was HOF worthy, IMO> David nailed it!

Feb 26, 2017, 9:02 AM

Deshaun Watson is the best QB in the draft.

Not only was he 28-2 in games he started and finished, Clemson's offense averaged 590 yards and 41 points in the two losses.

Yes, he is surrounded by NFL talent, but this doesn't mean he's another Tajh Boyd, breaking passing records on jet sweeps to Sammy Watkins. Watson is making the reads and making the throws and doing it under pressure better than anyone else in college football. Watson studies the game and rarely makes the same mistake twice. A+ character.

What more do you want?

Knocked it out of the PARK!!!!!!!!!

Feb 26, 2017, 9:11 AM

David, You knocked it out of the Park!!!! Great Job - But that is called cheating using the Facts against McShay!

Re: Knocked it out of the PARK!!!!!!!!!

Feb 26, 2017, 9:15 PM

This! +1

Draft analyst - like weathermen 50% right, no accountability***

Feb 26, 2017, 9:28 AM

Feb 26, 2017, 9:33 AM

These are some of the same twits that whiffed Huge on the Hypesman voting....just proves that sometimes experience isn't the best teacher... what a maroon!

So he's going number one?***

Feb 26, 2017, 9:36 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So he's going number one?***

Feb 26, 2017, 9:46 AM

That would be great for CU but terrible for Watson. I hope he goes late 1st round instead going to some team that will get him killed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So he's going number one?***

Feb 26, 2017, 9:18 PM

Right on! This is one time I hope the guy who deserves to be the first player picked goes later in the draft. I don't want him on a team in a franchise that is doomed to failure.

Good write up....mispelled Deer

Feb 26, 2017, 9:43 AM

Now we just need those pundits to read TNET

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfect reposte

Feb 26, 2017, 10:07 AM

This about nails it.

What else you could want in a QB other than what you've got with Deshaun I have no idea.

It was absolutely EERIE how similar Deshaun Watson looked picking Alabama apart - en route to a legendary fourth-quarter comeback in the National Title Game - to Tom Brady doing exactly the same against Atlanta in the Super Bowl.

The offenses even looked identical. Basically both teams spread the field...and let the QB throw darts. Heck, when he had to, Tom Brady even pulled the ball down and ran (with surprising effectiveness) for a couple of first downs.

Did nobody except Clemson fans notice the similarity? Well...I'm confident New England probably did. Then again, they win a lot of football games. It wouldn't shock me in the slightest if they watched DW4 and decided they had their Tom Brady replacement.

Deshaun was heads and shoulders better than anybody else in college. He'll be heads and shoulders better than anybody else in the NFL. Why they're complicating this, I have no idea.

Re: Perfect reposte

Feb 26, 2017, 9:21 PM

DW4 would be a great replacement for Brady in a franchise with a lot of potential still in place.

Answer: A Brain***

Feb 26, 2017, 10:59 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Risk of injury might be a factor...

Feb 26, 2017, 7:45 PM

I've heard Clemson may have a reputation for guys entering the NFL with bodies that have already taken a beating. This might have more to do with is taking chances on great players that sustained major injuries in high school.

To me, Watson is a natural leader with poise and confidence and intellect to do great in the NFL and very low risk for off the field issues. The only thing I can think of keeping him from #1 is his past injuries and a lot of the hits he's taken in college. That makes him a great competitor, but may also reduce the number of years a team believes they can realistically get out of him.

Feb 26, 2017, 9:00 PM

It should help, but it won't, because they think they already know everything and need no help. They are very wrong as all the world, except them, already know by now if they were paying attention.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic