Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Chasing Green
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,997

New Story: Chasing Green

Feb 19, 2016, 8:05 AM

Chasing Green

T.J. Green turned a solid junior campaign into an invite to next week’s NFL Combine in Indianapolis, and Green has spent his time since the loss to Alabama in the title juggling his preparation for the Combine with thoughts about his Clemson career.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doing The Combine Is One Thing ----

Feb 19, 2016, 9:28 AM

Making and staying on a NFL team us a whole another animal beast.

Good luck TJ.......Good Luck.

Comment...

Feb 19, 2016, 9:36 AM

Said he has put the championship game behind him..still burns in my stomach. Maybe because it was his blown coverage on the two long tight end passes. Good Luck in the combine though.

he put the championship game behind him...

Feb 19, 2016, 9:44 AM

funny,

thats exactly where the Alabama Tight End went... behind him

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: Doing The Combine Is One Thing ----

Feb 19, 2016, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Doing The Combine Is One Thing ---- ]

I'll say it again, TJ Green is an animal with elite speed and plays with a ferocity you can not teach. He won't get out of the 2nd round and will be starting in someone's secondary next year... Elite football player. As for the blown coverages in title game, both came with Alexander on the bench. Both times Baker was on his side. Pre-snap communication is everything. You ever see him blow an assignment with the starters on the field...?

As far as leaving early for the NFL his name says it all

Feb 19, 2016, 10:00 AM

He's still a little Green!

Re: As far as leaving early for the NFL his name says it all

Feb 19, 2016, 10:19 AM

I wish him well but there is no question in my mind another year would have helped him. As for the title game, it wasn't BOTH times, it was EVERY time they wanted to gain yards. I don't single Green out for that - it was all of them included the coaches. They used something we were not expecting and something they had not done all year and we weren't prepared - just like the onside kick. We showed who the best team was physically on both sides of the ball - in my mind we lost due to preparation.
Good luck to TJ - would have been great to have you back as a leader with this type experience but that's the way the game is played these days.

You are wrong about Baker-

Feb 19, 2016, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Doing The Combine Is One Thing ---- ]

Tank was on his side. Baker/Mac play field side. Both of those plays with OJ happened into the boundary. Green just folded. Go watch the tape.

Tired of ppl placing the blame for Greens busts on Mac not in the game. Lazy and easy excuse.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You are wrong about Baker-

Feb 19, 2016, 7:38 PM

The best picture of the two players that cost us the NC game. The draft will tell the story we don't need to here.

Re: You are wrong about Baker-

Feb 19, 2016, 11:42 PM [ in reply to You are wrong about Baker- ]

As a former college Db, each player has their own responsibility read coverages, formations, and routes. Teams with the less mistakes in the defensive backfield have the better chance of winning the game. Blown coverages shouldn't happen as often late in the season. There's a major lesson for this year for this year Db's crew. There not much help and recovery in the defensive backfield and that could, and will cost you as a defensive unit. Do your homework and assignment first, then glory will follow you.

Re: New Story: Chasing Green***

Feb 19, 2016, 7:37 PM

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,997
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic