Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Catching up with 4-star OL John Simpson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

New Story: Catching up with 4-star OL John Simpson

Oct 15, 2015, 7:01 AM

Catching up with 4-star OL John Simpson

John Simpson plans to make his decision about where he will play college football in early January, and the recruiting process is just heating up for the 4-star offensive lineman. What does he say about South Carolina's coaching change? What is helping the Tigers stay in it?
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That interview isn't as promising as I had hoped it would be

Oct 15, 2015, 7:22 AM

Gonna' be a fight.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: That interview isn't as promising as I had hoped it would be

Oct 15, 2015, 7:33 AM

Should be a simple thing ----- one program on the rise, one on the decline. Hope the kid wants to stay instate and come to right school. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great kid who I feel will be a Clemson

Oct 15, 2015, 8:15 AM

Tiger. I'm glad he's enjoying the process

Should get him, but our lack of recent OL tradition hurts us

Oct 15, 2015, 8:39 AM

I think that always hurts us with really top level OL recruits unless they were born with Orange in their veins (ie. Hyatt). The fact that we were able to land Fruhmorgan shows we're making progress, but the fact that we haven't been an NFL football factory at the position (like an LSU for example) and that everyone is always down about our OL doesn't help us. However, with this year's group, perceptions may be changing. I'm really excited to see how dominant Hyatt and Fruh can be when they've been in a college strength and condition program for 2 or 3 years and have their man body.

It has changed, the talking heads are even mentioning

Oct 15, 2015, 11:07 AM

our O-line unit as improved and obviously trending up.

That and how our D is right back at it after replacing so many guys from last year; are the two main answered question marks on this season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and that will continue.***

Oct 15, 2015, 11:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get the feeling he's just keeping his options open

Oct 15, 2015, 8:39 AM

But you never know what could happen when some SEC schools are chasing a kid. It's one thing when they compete against another conference but when they are competing with other SEC school who knows what they will say or do.

Yeah, who know$ what the $EC $chool$ will $ay or do?

Oct 15, 2015, 9:06 AM

"but when they are competing with other SEC school who knows what they will say or do"

It$ a real my$tery...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Yeah, who know$ what the $EC $chool$ will $ay or do?

Oct 15, 2015, 9:27 AM

The bagman cometh!

How come all of the SEC schools have that bagman

Oct 15, 2015, 10:53 AM

Why can't we get a bagman too?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How come all of the SEC schools have that bagman

Oct 15, 2015, 12:04 PM

Every major program in the southeast has bagmen. Some are more active than others

Let's hope not.

Oct 15, 2015, 2:17 PM

But the NCAA's inconsistent enforcement of different leagues and schools certainly makes it an issue.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

So when Elliott isn't retained by the new HC the Coots

Oct 15, 2015, 9:07 AM

are out of it?

He's probably still warm toward USuCk because of the

Oct 15, 2015, 9:33 AM

probability of immediate pt. That dumpster fire has no one who would be in front of him. As for Clemson, he knows how loaded we are. Might have to rs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: He's probably still warm toward USuCk because of the

Oct 15, 2015, 10:26 AM

Tiger Lock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Oct 15, 2015, 11:40 AM [ in reply to He's probably still warm toward USuCk because of the ]

From what I've heard down here in the Lowcountry his best friend Joyner is all Tiger. I think we keep showing him the love and he will be ours in January. It does help having a good season.

Oct 15, 2015, 12:07 PM

Simpson's recruitment reminds me of Tre Lamar's (who, by the way, will not be a flip to Auburn despite 247 reporting that Auburn coaches are trying their damnedest to flip him). In both cases they were strongly pro-Clemson guys who had little flirtations with SEC programs, but will ultimately be Clemson Tigers.

If a kid can't see where IT is happening

Oct 15, 2015, 12:30 PM

he is in trouble! Be a part of it,or move on to a lesser program. Easy choice for someone with their act together. If you have to 'hard sell' him, he ain't CLEMSON,

Like to have him, but I agree with you. He's enjoying the

Oct 15, 2015, 2:43 PM

attention and process a little too much it seems. That being said, I would love to have him, but you
are either ALL IN or you are not.

Doesn't Look Good...

Oct 15, 2015, 2:46 PM

I think he is SEC bound. I think he was always solidly in the Coots camp, he was just waiting to make a show at his announcement. When Elliot gets demoted from his interim position, I think he will probably go to one of the SEC West schools recruiting him. I could be wrong, but this is just the feeling I get with him. I just don't think he is interested. He would be great in Clemson Orange, but it doesn't look good...

Re: Doesn't Look Good...

Oct 19, 2015, 4:23 PM

I think you're right, and I also fear our recruiting dominance in the state may be in danger. Word is the coots are going after Kirby Smart, and lots of experts say he's the best D coordinator, after Brent V of course, in the country; one of the best recruiters too. If they get him, all he has to do is walk into recruits' homes (especially defensive players), flash his jewelry, and hand them a NLOI. As much as we all love Dabo and Brent V, the fact is they don't have the rings Kirby Smart does. Bama was able to get the offensive players they've had because of Smart and what his defenses have been doing. Heaven forbid the coots get him.

Get some Pampers.... you'll stay cleaner.***

Oct 19, 2015, 5:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I would prefer he were all in...

Oct 15, 2015, 2:53 PM

Who can blame this young man. I mean look at the recruits who came up for ND, now he's coming with others for FSU. I'm sure he will he at LSU for a big game. He's a teenager who is being wooed for probably the first and last time ever. Who in retrospect can blame him? In my best Mike Gundy impression, I'm in my 40s, I'm a grown Man! And i sure would soak up all that love. How few of us had that chance? I was lucky enough get to check out PC, Furman, NC State, and look at a Tiger walk on. This kid has all of the SE saying come for a visit, we have a great program and hot coeds waiting to meet you. In the end, if he's a true Clemson Man, well, you know he will need no introduction.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic