Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Another week, another challenge for the defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,093

New Story: Another week, another challenge for the defense

Oct 30, 2015, 7:01 AM

Another week, another challenge for the defense

Another week, another challenge for Brent Venables’ defense. Clemson looks to keep NC State quarterback Jacoby Brissett in check and get off the field on third down when the Tigers play in Raleigh this weekend. Photo by Joshua S. Kelly / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone know if it will be all black vs all orange?

Oct 30, 2015, 7:19 AM

I know the NCSU students were asking for that, but I never heard if it was agreed upon.

Re: Anyone know if it will be all black vs all orange?

Oct 30, 2015, 7:30 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18129047

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone know if it will be all black vs all orange?

Oct 30, 2015, 9:23 AM

Thanks. That's not very creative on their part. I guess they don't want to highlight this beat down.

NC State made a good choice...

Oct 30, 2015, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Anyone know if it will be all black vs all orange? ]

by wearing red.

NC State in all black and Clemson in all orange on Halloween would have drawn a larger audience.

They are trying to keep the witnesses to a minimum while we spank them at home.

Red also helps hide the bloodstains***

Oct 30, 2015, 8:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so they should wear brown pants too?***

Oct 30, 2015, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

No.

Oct 30, 2015, 9:28 AM

There'll be plenty of blood dispensed in that particular location too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This motivation tactic is starting to feel like 1981

Oct 30, 2015, 8:52 AM

I remember Ford back then had some stat that each opponent did well and focused the team on trying to stop it. Sometime it was pretty random. Against NCSU in 81 it was something about them either blocking or returning punts. This year is about getting off the field on 3rd down vs NCSU.

They've done a great job of creating a mini-game within the game.

Maybe It's Just Me, But

Oct 30, 2015, 9:01 AM

BV seems to be the best DC we ever had. The defense we've played this year seems at least as good as the defense we put on the field in the WVU bowl game when Major Harris was their QB, and that is a standard of excellence I measure by. That defense was a smothering defense that snuffed everthing out. BV has this bunch so honed in, it's unreal, and swarming on offenses the same way. This is fun to watch!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe It's Just Me, But

Oct 30, 2015, 9:25 AM

Oh man, I loved that D when we played WVU and Major Harris! Levon Kirkland is still my favorite Clemson player of all time. But I agree, this D may be better. I don't think our linebackers are better than 89. But the D-line and secondary probably are.

Oct 30, 2015, 10:20 AM

In our top 5 DTs, I think we have 4 that will play on Sunday after their Clemson careers are done. I think all 4 starting DBs will play on Sunday. The DEs, I am only certain about Lawson, but Dodd will likely be drafted. I really like our LBs, just not as sure about them playing in the NFL.

Oct 31, 2015, 2:32 PM

We are a very complete team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2015, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe It's Just Me, But ]

It would be almost impossibe for anybody to have a duplicate jn performance for Lavonne Kirkland, but I do think that overall this defense may be better than that one. The YouTube called "Ford's Last Stand" is one I never get tired of watching. A similar one can be made about this one, and last year's Oklahoma game, as well. We are living in the greatest of times, IMO.

Very good but '89 good..........?***

Oct 30, 2015, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Maybe It's Just Me, But ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND fans rented the all orange***

Oct 30, 2015, 10:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give Boulware the job of spying on Jacoby

Oct 30, 2015, 11:21 PM

All game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,093
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic