Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Amari Rodgers turning heads early in fall camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Amari Rodgers turning heads early in fall camp

Aug 7, 2017, 8:09 AM

Amari Rodgers turning heads early in fall camp

The Clemson coaching staff watched the first practice of fall camp Thursday afternoon, then met together in the new football complex to talk about the freshmen. They all agreed that Amari Rodgers is the real deal. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is a lock to go down as a top 10 Clemson WR all time.

Aug 7, 2017, 8:16 AM

I bet he is around the top 5 somewhere. You can just tell by his film.

I hate big predictions before a freshman steps on the field

Aug 7, 2017, 8:25 AM

But I totally agree with this one. Amari should have been a 5*. He is going to be a superstar. He and Tee could form the most feared WR duo ever at Clemson.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I hate big predictions before a freshman steps on the field

Aug 7, 2017, 8:43 AM

And some in the know say Tee will be the best ever at Clemson. So happy Amari is getting the praise he deserves!

Re: He is a lock to go down as a top 10 Clemson WR all time.

Aug 7, 2017, 8:57 AM [ in reply to He is a lock to go down as a top 10 Clemson WR all time. ]

Well wasn't it Tee that everybody was the most excited about during the recruiting process?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He is a lock to go down as a top 10 Clemson WR all time.

Aug 7, 2017, 9:44 AM [ in reply to He is a lock to go down as a top 10 Clemson WR all time. ]

That is exactly what I was just talking to my wife about. I was saying that when we were recruiting those two guys, that from the film they had out there for those two guys, and Tee being a mid 5 stars guy with Amari being a 4 star, that I thought that they both had that it factor, but it was Amari and his film that popped out the most for me. I believe that both those guys are going to be big stars at Clemson, and I truly thank the FB Gods that both of them are Tigers, Clemson Tigers that is!!! I don't think that a team that runs an offense the way we do, we can't have to many of that type of young receivers on our team. We are definitely WRU, and NFL teams that are looking to draft a top Receiver, they are looking in the Clemson WRU stables for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The question is

Aug 7, 2017, 11:08 AM [ in reply to He is a lock to go down as a top 10 Clemson WR all time. ]

Could he catch Bentleys passes ?

Re: The question is

Aug 7, 2017, 12:20 PM

Well, it may be that Ray-Ray will ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Amari Rodgers turning heads early in fall camp

Aug 7, 2017, 8:30 AM

There are a lot of DC's that are getting nervous right now. And Paul Johnson is skeered.

Aug 7, 2017, 11:10 AM

You mean Pauuuuuuuuuuuuuul Johnson. Heck, Clemson can move the ball 80 yards in about 90 seconds. It takes Tech about 10 minutes to move the ball 60 yards. Unless they find just the right option qb, that offense doesn't work. Too plodding for today's pinball football.

Aug 7, 2017, 11:22 AM

What GaT is missing is a defense, whenever he has a defense that can get stops his offense can dominate. Our offense the last several years has been among the nations best, and he has not been able to compete.
Of course our D has been among the nations best the last 3 years.....

Hey but have you heard about how good Shi Smith looks***

Aug 7, 2017, 8:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey but have you heard about how good Shi Smith looks***

Aug 7, 2017, 8:36 AM

never again

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 7, 2017, 8:45 AM

:)

Another Coot Killer!***

Aug 7, 2017, 9:42 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

I see the Jet Sweep in Amari's future vs the Coots

Aug 7, 2017, 11:54 AM

and they will Crap their pants each time!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another Coot Killer!***

Aug 7, 2017, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Another Coot Killer!*** ]

Our Tiger FB team is over flowing with coot killer talent. I've said it long before today, I will not be a bit surprised if we run a 10 plus win streak on the coots. I believe that their FB knowledgeable fans see it also, but they wouldn't be good fans to their team if they admit it.

Aug 7, 2017, 9:45 AM

TNet, my take is it's early to jump on the Amari bandwagon with projections of his college career success before his first college game. No doubt he's good, but let's take stock of his game abilities before we "pass judgment" opinions before game 1. It tends to put pressure where it's not needed or useful, imo.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would normally agree, but he is so good it doesn't matter.

Aug 7, 2017, 9:50 AM

He will be awesome no matter what we say.

I find it interesting that it's implied...

Aug 7, 2017, 11:44 AM

I find it interesting that it's implied not every coach thought they completely "hit on" Sammy Watkins when he came on board. I remember his impact as a true frosh and Dabo saying that he was basically a finished package to open right away.

He torched the defending National Champs with the longest winning streak in the nation in his first game as a true freshman. I think Jeff would revise his statement if challenged on that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Re: I find it interesting that it's implied...

Aug 7, 2017, 12:07 PM

The implication is incorrectly portrayed. Scott implied that the coaches feel like every player is a "hit". So the entire recruiting class is full of "hits" on week one.

There have been plenty of players where the coaches unanimously felt were a "hit", but never all of the players after the first week.

Re: I find it interesting that it's implied...***

Aug 7, 2017, 6:32 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic