Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: ACC lookahead: North Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

New Story: ACC lookahead: North Carolina

Jul 6, 2014, 12:36 PM

ACC lookahead: North Carolina

The second game on Clemson's ACC schedule is a late September matchup with North Carolina, a team that many consider to be a surprise contender in 2014. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / US PRESSWIRE Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: ACC lookahead: North Carolina

Jul 6, 2014, 12:56 PM

2011, not 2012.

Jul 6, 2014, 1:09 PM

Ok, so looks like another inflated reputation for a team that has yet to prove anything. They selected Clemson to lose to UNC in 2012.... It is over once we take the field. OVER!

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

They're gonna be pretty good this year

Jul 6, 2014, 1:22 PM

Guessing them, Duke, and Miami will battle it out for the top spot in the Coastal. I can't see VT's offense improving enough to win more than 8 games, although their defense will be good enough to keep them in a lot of games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If everyone keeps calling UNC the "surprise contender," then

Jul 6, 2014, 1:45 PM

doesn't that mean it's not a surprise if they do well?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems like an annual ritual to proclaim unc a "contender"

Jul 6, 2014, 3:04 PM

and to be much improved. But every year, they struggle to fulfill a standing invite to the Belk Bowl....and this year's tarhole squad seems less talented than in recent years past. Plus, they have a small distraction on campus again (NCAA investigators) Plus they may actually have to be attending classes to stay eligible--a backlash of the horrific academic fraud claims voiced by media, politicians and taxpayers across the state.

unc MAY be improved, but I'll wait to see it in person before agreeing.....and their early schedule won't help their claim of legitimacy much either.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Them and Miami every year***

Jul 6, 2014, 5:09 PM

Jul 6, 2014, 3:18 PM

Surprise contender last 3 years, but have yet to step up. I agree with the other posts. To many distractions on campus with NCAA and academic eligibility. No firm starter at multiple positions, including QB. Their team is young and I'll believe it when I see it.

Looks like the tarholes may be able to put

Jul 6, 2014, 7:19 PM

all of their focus on Clemson during fall practice and the first month of the season with that weak early out-of-conference schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Re: Looks like the tarholes may be able to put

Jul 7, 2014, 9:37 AM

Good luck with that focus. They could focus a year and get beat by the teams we have now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Come and get me when they've actually played someone outta conf,

Jul 7, 2014, 12:52 PM

And done it on a consistent basis

Jul 7, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like the tarholes may be able to put ]

UNC can focus all they want on Clemson. It won't help because we are more talented and just way better. They are not in our class.

Jul 7, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Looks like the tarholes may be able to put ]

They lost by 24 to ECU last year I doubt they will take them lightly

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

ECU beat them last year

Jul 7, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Looks like the tarholes may be able to put ]

That game has to mean a lot to them early on

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feel sorry for the smurfs

Jul 7, 2014, 1:03 PM

They'll face a 3-0 or 2-1 Clemson team. 3-0 means a top 5 team who will keep rolling or 2-1 means a team that got beat by FSU and is looking for revenge. (In case you can't tell i don't see a loss to UGA).

Either way, bring on these African American Studies majoring, cheating SOB's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feel sorry for the smurfs

Jul 11, 2014, 10:28 PM

Qb advantage cu rb even te cu ol even wr even dl huge advantage cu lb advantage cu dbs even.Goodguys 38 goats/tar holes really dislike those guys 17

Re: Feel sorry for the smurfs

Jul 11, 2014, 10:29 PM

Wish we could have got Elijah Hood!7

Probation...the only word that will matter to them soon.*

Jul 12, 2014, 10:09 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic