Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: 4-star WR Overton details "different" Clemson visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,723

New Story: 4-star WR Overton details "different" Clemson visit

Nov 10, 2015, 5:49 PM

4-star WR Overton details "different" Clemson visit

Diondre Overton has been to Clemson on several occasions, but Saturday’s win over Florida St. was just different. The 2016 4-star wide receiver out of Greensboro (NC) Page was on hand for the top-ranked Tigers’ 23-13 win over Florida St. Saturday afternoon, and he was a part of the biggest recruiting weekend of the season for the Clemson coaching staff. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: 4-star WR Overton details "different" Clemson visit

Nov 10, 2015, 5:54 PM

I'm not sure if he will come or not. Saying it was "different" isn't exactly what I was hoping to read. I was hoping for a very strongly worded commitment. Nothing else will make me happy.

Nov 10, 2015, 6:21 PM

There's a song by 2 chainz..."different" is a good thing. Sounds like he really like Clemson n still has some looking to do. I think our chances are good, his attitude is great even stating he could learn from mike.

Nov 10, 2015, 7:51 PM

I agree with you. Of course I wish he said it's over, I'm done looking around, and Clemson will be my home. That didn't happen, but there is no doubt that he saw a place and a "family" he could belong to and really enjoy being a part of. I, too, like the comment about Mike Williams staying and him learning from Mike. Very classy, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2015, 1:47 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 4-star WR Overton details "different" Clemson visit ]

For me personally, It really don't matter who we get. We have one of the best coaching staffs with some great positioning coaching that has been able to develop talent. We have a walk on RS freshman WR that is playing ahead a 4 star WR. 4 and 5 star recruits are great to get, and I hope we continue getting the elite talent we have been getting and we will. But we are going to win with who ever our coaches offer, bc they believe we can win with them....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

C'mon Son! ***

Nov 11, 2015, 2:04 AM

You can't coach 6'-5"

Nov 11, 2015, 2:09 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: 4-star WR Overton details "different" Clemson visit ]

this guy would be a great pick-up

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.. Martavis Bryant -> Mike Williams -> Overton

Nov 11, 2015, 7:49 AM

We need that tall, sure handed, deep threat. It opens everything up within 15 yards of LOS.

null

Re: Exactly.. Martavis Bryant -> Mike Williams -> Overton

Nov 11, 2015, 7:53 AM

Kevin Youngblood, Derrick Hamilton, Aaron Kelly....the list goes on. We've always had that tall lanky over-the-top receiver. Let's keep up the tradition Mr. Overton.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overton details "different" Clemson visit

Nov 10, 2015, 6:42 PM

I've come to realize that they either love us or keep walking. We'll have and develope talent.They come in good and leave as NFL level . Rex Ryan said it all,if that doesn't convince them they're that Clemson is the place to be , well the kid couldn't catch his butte with both hands. It doesn't take a scientific rocket to know Clemson is the place to be. If your old enough, you'll get that line.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Overton a discerning young man - love to have him in T-Town***

Nov 10, 2015, 9:10 PM

Re: Overton a discerning young man - love to have him in T-Town***

Nov 11, 2015, 12:04 AM

This kid has a very high ceiling, he's only been playing football for two years. I Listen to his team on the radio on Friday nights and he's the clutch of his team. I'd like to see him in Orange and wish him the best of luck. Can't blame him for wanting to look around.

Does he sound like a " Clemson Man " or what !

Nov 11, 2015, 7:42 AM

Another high character player. Come on , join the ride.

40 is everything, but.....

Nov 11, 2015, 3:39 PM

I thought I read he ran a 4.8 40?

Can he create separation like that...

Anyways, don't think this is a MUST-GET recruit (IMO)

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,723
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic