Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Safety -- seriously people?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,421

New Safety -- seriously people?

Jan 21, 2016, 10:28 PM

I would like to remind people that it wasn't a lack of athleticism that caused us to lose the natty. It was players not knowing where to go. It might make sense to get some guys who'll know where they should be. Maybe that's part of what's going on with this offer.

The knock against Venebles has always been that his teams frequently have busts. Perhaps with all the blitzing he puts lots of pressure on safeties.

And I'm still astonished at the second guessing. Geez. What does it take for yall to have a little confidence in the coaches?

Coty Sensabaugh didn't have any offers except App State. Is he still in the NFL? I'm sure if we could go back in time there were probably people on this bored (I'm catching on) who thought the guy was too slow and would never crack the 2 deep. When will we ever learn that coaches know more than us and you just have to trust them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Safety -- seriously people?

Jan 22, 2016, 2:15 AM

Agreed, Not to knock anyone. Just facing reality. Sometime we have to truly face the fact to move forward. As a former college Db, Db's missed assignments can kill any defensive unit momentum. Busted plays or assignments back there are high percent Tds or guarantee points for the opposing offenses. You do not have much supporting case back there or behind you. Not much room for recovering. Even if you have world class speed. Busted assignments are a Db worst enemy and not the opposing offense's receivers. It can let the wind out of the entire team sail. Especially when the front seven have made great plays prior to getting that last stop to get the defensive unit off the field or needing one stop to close out the football game. Sometime the wound is to deep to recover from. Better long multiple times during a high profile game. Just can't happen and expect to recover most of the time. Just a tough pill to swallow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,421
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic