Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nevin Shapiro, Blake James, and The U Board of Trustees
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Nevin Shapiro, Blake James, and The U Board of Trustees

Oct 25, 2015, 7:27 PM

deserve each other along with their Fire Golden flying banners and empty stadium. Golden unknowingly walked into a scheister of a program in corruption. A year later when Golden was new and it all came out, he stuck with them and the sanctions handed down because of their lack of institutional control. Now with a winning record, they fire him mid-season?!

I hope they suck for eternity and then some.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nevin Shapiro, Blake James, and The U Board of Trustees

Oct 25, 2015, 7:30 PM

Agree. I hope Golden gets success somewhere else and Miami's dumpster fire continues

Re: Nevin Shapiro, Blake James, and The U Board of Trustees

Oct 25, 2015, 7:36 PM

I totally agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that would do nothing to help Clemson

Oct 25, 2015, 7:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Nevin Shapiro, Blake James, and The U Board of Trustees ]

Miami's a program that needs to do pretty well to improve the perception of our conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, that would do nothing to help Clemson- uh actually

Oct 25, 2015, 8:22 PM

if they stay down more hot shot south fla players come our way which would be fine for us too

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They and SOS deserve each other

Oct 25, 2015, 7:32 PM

So the AD is a liar?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Exactly!!!

Oct 25, 2015, 7:36 PM

Blake James said YESTERDAY that a change wasn't asap. What a liar! Fitting though and typical of Miami to not tell the truth...

Miami AD Blake James tells me no coaching change coming after game. Called it , "disappointing," but, "We'll go and get ready to play Duke." @davehydesports

Re: They and SOS deserve each other

Oct 25, 2015, 7:40 PM [ in reply to They and SOS deserve each other ]

Old Ball Sac is a coward.

Oh come on. You're just trying to find a reason to criticize

Oct 25, 2015, 7:45 PM

Golden needed to go. He doesn't get an eternal blank check just because they were on probation a few years ago. At this point, a program with that much talent and tradition can't be losing 58-0 at home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh come on. You're just trying to find a reason to criticize

Oct 25, 2015, 7:55 PM

I agree he needed to go. Told that to a friend and Miami fan yesterday. However, to do it the day after the AD said AGAIN that it wouldn't happen until after the season just perpetuates the untrustworthiness of Miami. It's clear that yesterday was coaching. But the U's decision makers act with complete disloyalty to a guy that demonstrated incredible loyalty at their asking four years ago.

And it was self imposed sanctions***

Oct 25, 2015, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Oh come on. You're just trying to find a reason to criticize ]

Re: Oh come on. You're just trying to find a reason to criticize

Oct 25, 2015, 8:42 PM [ in reply to Oh come on. You're just trying to find a reason to criticize ]

We lost a home game 51-14 just two years ago. Can't make a knee jerk judgment on one game.
Canes had beaten Nebraska and Virginia Tech this year, and lost by 5 at FSU. The body of work was not that disastrous.

It obviously wasn't just based on this game

Oct 25, 2015, 11:00 PM

They've been losing to teams they shouldn't be losing to for a while. In terms of doing the least with the most talent, they're even worse than UGa. You'd have to have not been paying attention to them over the last few years to think this was just a knee-jerk reaction to one game. Instead, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Just for your information, here's what happened to Miami in the last few years:

2014- 6-7. They lost their last 4 games, including to a bad SC team and by two scores against bad UVa and Pitt teams.

2013: Was Golden's best year, but they were only 9-4. They lost 4 of their last 6 games, and those losses were by a combined score of 137-67. They didn't even put up a fight in their bowl game against UofL.

And did it look like to you that they were on an upward trajectory? I would've said they should've given Golden some time before they lost to Cincinnati and we blew them out, but after that they really had no choice if they ever wanted to get back to being where they ought to be.

Golden knew what he was getting into, he just isn't a good HC....

Oct 25, 2015, 8:02 PM

Miami has recruited great during Golden's tenure, a few scholarships lost isn't the reason for bad play. From 2012 to 2014 Miami had an average recruiting ranking of 11, Clemson's average during the same period, 11.6. Miami's issues have been purely coaching.

They recruited...

Oct 25, 2015, 8:29 PM

horribly undisciplined guys. Nothing has changed since the days gone by of hookers, blow and payoffs.

That was evident on the field, on the scoreboard and UM's record over the past decades. Sure, they are talent but total lacking in skill development, film study and manners due to the above mentioned reasons.

UM's fans love that kind of trash and the BOT tolerates it because it's all they have left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm talking about the here and now, not what happened under Dennis Erickson 25 years ago...

Oct 25, 2015, 8:36 PM

Give me a list of Miami players that have gotten arrested over the past ten years. Also, Miami has one of the highest graduation rates in the ACC. Sorry but the jaw jacking that happened yesterday was nothing compared to what went on when Dennis Erickson was head coach. You're painting a picture of Miami 25 years ago

Re: I'm talking about the here and now, not what happened under Dennis Erickson 25 years ago...

Oct 25, 2015, 10:50 PM

Just Google Miami Hurricane football player arrested... how many hits in how point 0000 seconds... there's a reason their program is under continuous scrutiny by the press and football fans alike.

Here's a good sexual assault case for ya

Oct 25, 2015, 10:52 PM [ in reply to I'm talking about the here and now, not what happened under Dennis Erickson 25 years ago... ]

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/university-miami-football-players-arrested-sexual-assault-physically/story%3Fid%3D24482596&ved=0CBsQFjAAahUKEwjswpq0j9_IAhXCYiYKHfzIDRQ&usg=AFQjCNEDct8kBcrEchnwmqKxyx0QXdsXUA&sig2=RQcdkah3LaESrj13CV_APg

Don't forget Donna Shalala

Oct 25, 2015, 9:15 PM

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/donna-shalala-must-admit-blame-in-nevin-shapiro-scandal-or-resign-6521015

Another corrupt pos from the Clinton Administration

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic