Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville fans comparing Jackson to Jordan.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Louisville fans comparing Jackson to Jordan.

Mar 27, 2017, 11:56 AM

They also continue to not like it when someone asks Watson about the Heisman and Watson does anything other than say Lamar Jackson is the greatest qb of all time.

They were fun the first couple years, but their "success" the past year has shown the true color of a majority of their fan base. Some complain about BC and 'cuse...if one of the 3 had to get booted from our schedule get rid of Lvl, just terrible.

Fans, school, coaches being scummy, etc.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Louisville fans comparing Jackson to Jordan.

Mar 27, 2017, 11:58 AM

Jackson did not deserve the Heisman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2017, 12:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

True, but not the point. They literally get angry....

Mar 27, 2017, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville fans comparing Jackson to Jordan. ]

...if anyone affiliated with Clemson doesn't come out and say they don't think Watson deserved it, Jackson really was the best player in the country.

That actually probably wouldn't even be enough for them actually, and they act as though Watson (or Swinney) shouldn't even answer when ASKED about the Heisman.

Grow a pair Lvl fans....just say "Scoreboard"

Or well, don't say that as you lost, but something like that.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

That actually probably wouldn't even be enough for them

Mar 27, 2017, 1:59 PM

actually,

Mar 27, 2017, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville fans comparing Jackson to Jordan. ]

Neither did Jordan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2017, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville fans comparing Jackson to Jordan. ]

Let's go back to point 1B:

"...or you'll have to make covert posts praising Clemson. I really love it when you dummies go that far by the way. At that point, we win...you've been reduced to complimenting your arch rival. And you're completely oblivious to how sad that makes you look."

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=21319843#21319843

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been trying to remember

Mar 27, 2017, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville fans comparing Jackson to Jordan. ]

Who the sportscaster was who ridiculed theCards basketball team for being such terrible students anyone remember? Several years ago

Pooisville***

Mar 27, 2017, 12:04 PM

Mar 27, 2017, 1:05 PM

No linked source...or Cowtown BS

Poor little card. You must not visit card march...

Mar 27, 2017, 2:46 PM

They REALLY hate Watson, and Clemson, and Boulware, etc.

http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/forums/2759-the-cardmarch/15476983-watson-s-advice-on-how-to-win-the-heisman

Did Jordan win the heisman when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Mar 27, 2017, 1:11 PM

No!

Mar 27, 2017, 1:15 PM

Nah, Louisville was a great addition to the conference. They're very good in football, basketball and baseball, have a good amount of money and passionate fanbase. That's something we need more of.

It's borderline embarrassing how poorly people speak of Lamar Jackson here. I'm really not sure why people hate him so much. The dude is a great football player. Did he win the Heisman when Watson should have? Probably--at least in my opinion. However you're now resorting to calling their fanbase terrible because they're defending their guy? Really?

Mar 27, 2017, 3:53 PM

It's borderline embarrassing how poorly Lamar Jackson speaks.

I do agree that he's a heckuva athlete, and that UL was a solid addition to the conference overall. I don't like them all that much, but their sports teams do make the league better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never said he wasn't a great player.

Mar 28, 2017, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville fans comparing Jackson to Jordan. ]

Not the point.

I actually think he may be a little better than Homer, but,

Mar 27, 2017, 1:56 PM

HOMER WON US A NATTY!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see it like this

Mar 27, 2017, 2:05 PM

Louisville fans have every right to be proud. Their QB won the Heisman and their season started out great. While it slipped away from them, I give them and LJ a lot of credit. Do I think the committee voted right? No, and I think even a few objective Cards fans might agree, but as good of a case as Watson had, I will say this. Where would Louisville have been without Jackson? Without doubt he was their MVP. Past that, it's a pick em and our guy didn't win. While I disagree, none of that is on Jackson.
As far as the LV fans, I have never heard anything but great feedback from their visiting fans, same when they hosted. Very passionate, knowledgeable, and friendly. As to their team, this year i expect a major dogfight at their field. This year they may even get over the hump. I expect their offense to be good again, but I believe their defense may slip a good bit. All in all, LV had been a fantastic addition to the conference in all sports. I suppose you may encourage few morons along the way, but c'mon, your average message board is filled with them, us included. They love who they have, and I'm sure we would love to haveanother Watson walking back through the door for 4 more years, leave it at that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will be fun to punk 'em in their house.***

Mar 27, 2017, 2:05 PM

I see a silimilarity.

Mar 27, 2017, 2:29 PM

Judge for yourself.

http://www.ranker.com/review/jordan-fry/1320789?ref=name_1320789

Mar 27, 2017, 2:41 PM

Best line ever:

Jon Gruden: "So, Deshaun, how do you win the Heisman???"
Deshaun: "Well, I guess you have to lose a couple of games."

Or something like that. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No comparison--Jordan Leggett played tight end....:~)***

Mar 27, 2017, 2:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would compare Jackson more to Alan Iverson.

Mar 27, 2017, 2:52 PM

He is a great player, but not a champion type.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic