Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never have been to a game in Cola
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Never have been to a game in Cola

Apr 29, 2018, 6:51 PM

but when I do im thinking about taking my National Champions rag to the game and waving it during that duststorm (dirtstorm, mudstorm?) song. Any chances I have beer thrown on me?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You might as well.. we own that song now anyway

Apr 29, 2018, 6:56 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2746073-clemson-trolls-south-carolina-with-sandstorm-celebration-after-win

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let’s see, I went in 1959 to last Big Thursday Fair Ground Game & had pants pocket ripped off..

Apr 29, 2018, 6:59 PM

off by Coot Male Cheerleader just b/4 game since I & other Clemson Rats stupidly ran onto field to help the naked Tiger Mascot retrieve his stolen tail.

So, what do you think might happen to you my naive friend?!

YeP, you guessed it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make sure your will's up to date.***

Apr 29, 2018, 7:03 PM

and vaccinations.***

Apr 29, 2018, 7:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: and vaccinations.*** Point for you!

Apr 30, 2018, 10:47 AM

Vaccinations..... LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Make sure your will's up to date.***

May 1, 2018, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Make sure your will's up to date.*** ]

Make sure a friend has bail money

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Never have been to a game in Cola

Apr 29, 2018, 7:04 PM

Watch out for batteries and water bottles....

I went this year and we did that, we got some of the towels too

Apr 29, 2018, 7:04 PM

As souvenirs. I got yelled at quite a bit and a lot of people wanted to fight me and some people threw things at me but it was great fun.
Total trip experiance 0/10 would recommend
Gotta hate it because you hate it not because we all do, but singing the alma mater after the win was extremely sweet

Unreal stat is Clemson Fans have sung their Alma Mater MORE times in WillieB than Coots..

Apr 29, 2018, 7:07 PM

over the 100+ year rivalry!

Saying, they are LOSERS..by 27 games!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have been to several - my favorite was watching..........

Apr 29, 2018, 7:09 PM

Jerry Butler make "The Catch" from Steve Fuller - no question about it.

beer, urine, spit

Apr 29, 2018, 7:26 PM

Especially at night and if coots think they have a chance.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My experiences were the same day.........

Apr 29, 2018, 8:48 PM

or night! Blood is also a strong possibility.......and doo doo ice!

2015 was ok, although still a fair amount of idiots

Apr 29, 2018, 8:54 PM

It was nice to put so much orange in that dump

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My experiences were the same day.........

Apr 29, 2018, 8:56 PM [ in reply to My experiences were the same day......... ]

Unless you know who you are sitting next to during the game I would not recommend going. Living in NE Cola I’ve had every Clemson - Carolina game I’ve ever attended at WBS. Perhaps Death Valley this year? Through the years matters have gone from bad to worse! Other than the fact we won the vast majority I can honestly say stay home or simply go to Death Valley for the game. The atmosphere is superior to Columbia’s to say the least!

Go Tigers!

I suggest wearing something like a suit of armor...

Apr 29, 2018, 9:08 PM

not for protection, but to be incognito, i.e. camouflaged against the aluminum background.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 29, 2018, 9:19 PM

The only time I went for a clemson vs coot game was 2015. Horrible experience. The lone coot in my section was drunk and belligerent and told a young lady cheering her Tigers to be effing quiet. The young lady's momma bear threatened to beat the living poo out of him. He didn't show up for the second half. That cockroach has dirty bathrooms. Horrible parking. Poor acces to upper decks. And atrocious cootlumbia scenery. I will never go back.

Apr 29, 2018, 10:57 PM

Then just consider yourself lucky and stay away.

Apr 30, 2018, 12:19 AM
IMG_7400.JPG(157.3 K)

Went twice, in Tiger Band both times

Apr 30, 2018, 7:06 AM

Saw us win both times, have zero desire ever to go back.

More likely...

Apr 30, 2018, 7:20 AM

A cup full of coke, doo-doo ice, and Vodka. It is rough during the first quarter or so, but after half especially, their fans will go through a state of disbelief, then depression, then the exits, so it becomes a lot safer place to be.

Never been to a game in WB?

Apr 30, 2018, 10:37 AM

Takes all kinds of fans, I suppose. Never having followed the Tigers on the road sounds odd to me.
Sort of like the guys who leave at the start of the 3rd quarter so they can beat the crowd out of the parking lot. Those are both fan mindsets I cannot understand.

A great many of my best days as a fan of the Tigers have been road games. The crowd that goes to away games representing Clemson seems rock solid to me. The wins in Columbia have been among the best ever. Beating FSU in Tally is great. Winning in Louisville is better than beating the Cards in Clemson.

Hey, I love games in Death Valley, but everyone should travel with the Tigers whenever they can, and always go to Columbia. Always. We win most of the time and that's great. And when we do lose, your hatred grows just from watching them and being there.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never been to a game in WB?

May 1, 2018, 11:08 PM

I've been to multiple games on the road: froze my butt off at Wake in 2016, have gone to all 3 CFP semis and the national championship in 2016 (Glendale). I am a college student and just never have gotten the opportunity to attend a Clemson-Carolina game in general

Wake 2016 was my Sons first road game.

May 1, 2018, 11:28 PM

He was 6 then. And had been to plenty of home games. It did get really cold that night, and I think we left at the start of the 4th when it was like 35-7.

We both really enjoyed it though, and Wake fans are great bc they already know they are gonna lose so it’s just politeness and family fun.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on where you are sitting

Apr 30, 2018, 10:52 AM

You'll be completely fine sitting in the Clemson section. I've been to every Palmetto Bowl in Columbia from 2009 to 2017.

Everyone's got an anecdote about how Willy B sucks, but I've never had any problem there sitting with other Clemson fans in the nosebleeds. Great place to watch a football game (not as fun when you lose, but that doesn't happen as often these days).

Wear a condom if u do a coot girl in the lot.***

May 1, 2018, 11:24 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic