Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never been to a game in Blacksburg
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Never been to a game in Blacksburg

Aug 17, 2012, 5:12 PM

But just watched "Enter Sandman" entrance on youtube for the frist time.

Shitss Lame ya'll.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We went to the game last year. . .

Aug 17, 2012, 5:30 PM

'Twas truly underwhelming! You sit there observing, and say to yourself, "That's it?"

Additionally, the noise level to begin the game was maybe 2/3 to 3/4 of the levels in the Valley. (Of course, by the end of the game, only the Tiger faithful were making any noise!)

Go, Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm clearly biased, but I wasn't impressed with VT

Aug 17, 2012, 5:31 PM

Some friends and I went to the VT game up there this past year. The tailgating was "meh" at best, and the people were nice enough, but not outstanding. Enter Sandman consists of the fans jumping up and down for 10, maybe 15 seconds, and then the music abruptly cutting out and people settling into their seats. Very little yelling and screaming except for the exact moment the music starts.

To be fair, it was misting all night in 40-degree weather, so I'm sure that affected the enthusiasm of the fans. I imagine a sunny, 70-degree day in mid-autumn would bring out much more joy from those folks.

I'm willing to go back and give it another try. The aesthetics of both the campus and the surrounding area are unmatched. But the game day environment was certainly disappointing.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm clearly biased, but I wasn't impressed with VT

Aug 17, 2012, 5:38 PM

I grew up a VT fan and went a few years ago when we played them. I enjoyed the campus and trip but I think you hit it on the head. Nice but not great. I'm glad we soundly beat VT twice last year. I hope we continue it this year. and I hope we go on doing that. they were an opponent we controlled for many years. if we can beat them regularly it will mean we are fielding strong teams.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The key rattle on third downs are annoying***

Aug 17, 2012, 5:33 PM

Re: The key rattle on third downs are annoying***

Aug 17, 2012, 5:35 PM

Be prepared to meet some 'not nice' folks ... especially if they should be winning. The 'wimmens' are especially bad.

One of their wimmins bit me up there a few years ago.

Aug 17, 2012, 5:38 PM

She had a really sharp tooth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree

Aug 17, 2012, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: The key rattle on third downs are annoying*** ]

I've rarely met a bad VT fan. Granted I've rarely met an exceptionally nice one, but we only had one run-in, and that was with a blitzed student on the walk back - and even then his friends apologized for his behavior.

I'd say the same for the women. We didn't see any remarkable talent, but it certainly could have been worse.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went 5 times from 1977 - 1989 & won all 5....good old days!

Aug 17, 2012, 5:55 PM

One of those we routed them in a downpour, and another when Treadwell took two tries (offsides) to beat them on a short FG (his leg got stronger as he matured).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's a great atmosphere, especially at night.

Aug 17, 2012, 5:56 PM

Enter Sandman is okay, but its there and it does get fairly loud. I would rate it a step above 2001 Space Odyssey or whatever that it that crap is at SCU. The campus and setting remind me of Clemson and overall the fans have been good whenever I've been. Unfortunately, my last trip in 2006 was a beat down in the rain.

I've had Va Tech student season tickets the past 3 years

Aug 17, 2012, 6:17 PM

and plan on going to a few games this year including the first against Ga Tech on Mon night. Truth is the entrance while it does energize the crowd is not original at all and feels like being at a NFL game. They also do really #### stuff like the hokie pokie after the third quarter, key play on third down where everyone shakes there keys, and the horrible turkey call. The seats were well worth it though to be seating up front on the 50 yard line to see us beat them 23-3 last year wearing all Clemson in the Hokie student section.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic