Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never Forget: Thursday night, October 9, 2008. Remember
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Never Forget: Thursday night, October 9, 2008. Remember

Nov 13, 2019, 12:33 PM

that feeling of utter helplessness and hopelessness. Because we had just lost to a Wake Forest team that we KNEW we were light years better than. Offense moving the ball seemingly at will between the 20 yard lines, but could not score at the end of those drives.

Now, you may say it could not happen again. But, you would be wrong. All it takes is a little overconfidence, or looking ahead, or whatever else you would want to call it after the fact. And the fact is, THIS Wake team has a lot more talent than that 2008 team did. So do we, but that talent still must execute on the field this coming Saturday to win the game. Trust me, that 2008 game is some history we NEVER want to repeat itself, even if it did ironically get us Dabo Swinney as our Head Coach.

GO TIGERS! DOMINATE THE DEMON DEACONS.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never Forget: Thursday night, October 9, 2008. Remember

Nov 13, 2019, 12:47 PM

Not just more talent does this Clemson team have. But they are much more committed to going out and absolutely destroying the opposition. Coach TB's teams were hardly ever like this, save 63-17. I think Saturday will be another beat down. Remember, teams with lousy defenses usually get trashed by Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 12:52 PM

I was there and saw the Tommy Bowden "deer in the headlights" look near the end of the game. I had a feeling he would be gone soon.

I've been trying to forget that for YEARS

Nov 13, 2019, 12:49 PM

Thanks for preventing that.

Why? That game led to what we have now.***

Nov 13, 2019, 1:32 PM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 13, 2019, 12:51 PM

This Wake team is also without its 2 best receivers. We are also without Tommy Bowden. This game will only be close during the coin toss

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what you are really saying is:

Nov 13, 2019, 12:52 PM

FOCUS!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was there myself . . .

Nov 13, 2019, 1:21 PM

Was also there when "Catman" had to kick a game winner (45yards) as time expired to earn us an Atlantic Division Title in 2011:

https://youtu.be/rSmxPsSOiuI

That game should never been that close either . . . Strange things do happen!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 1:29 PM

I wish I could forget that I was there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 2:24 PM

There are several games that really stung at the time but they all helped get our Tigers to the level they are at today.

I have deleted most of the bad games under Tommy Bowden such as losing at Duke the week after we beat #10 Miami. So glad I drove up to Durham for that game.

Watched us blow an 11 point lead to Ga Tech in about 30 seconds. Found a way to make it through the days as the coots beat us 5 in a row although that really is easy to forget these days as it seems like it happened decades ago.

Went to the Orange Bowl and watched WV go crazy on our defense. Could not believe what I was watching. Remember telling my brother that we would never compete at an elite level until we hired an elite level defensive coordinator. Enter Brent Venables after that game! One of the best hires EVER in college football. I think Dabo hiring Chad Morris established the groundwork for the offense we have today, but overall Venables was the best hire Dabo could have ever made.

Now we get to watch our Tigers dominate college football while we watch our coot neighbors lose to The Citadel and App State within a few years of each other. Bless their heart.

Nov 13, 2019, 5:41 PM

Oh my I was there for that as well.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Never Forget: Thursday night, October 9, 2008. Remember ]

That Georgia Tech game you mentioned is the one that sticks in my memory the most. Geez, that one hurt.

Still not as bad as loss to BC with Matt Ryan at QB.***

Nov 13, 2019, 6:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

2014 Florida State is up there

Nov 13, 2019, 6:31 PM

Game in the bag, just run out the clock, fumble in the red zone.....ya know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 10:24 PM

This team is literally unstoppable.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic