Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Negative spin advantage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,575

Negative spin advantage

Nov 12, 2019, 10:05 AM

First post, long-time Clemson fan (33 years)!

I totally get the frustration with the lack of respect and the UNC game apparently being the only game we've played this year.

There's a lot of good talk and good stats shared on here. Keep it up. BUT...

At the end of the season, I'd rather get to the CFP disrespected. I want the national disrespect. I want the analysts' disrespect. I want that to breed disrespect from our opponents. Even if they only disrespect us for a quarter of the game, it'll be lights out for them.

Let the talkers talk. Let 'em keep the spin. We'll take the 'ship.

Besides, it's not like our recruiting is suffering from the spin either!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want disrespect for player motivation UNLESS it narrows

Nov 12, 2019, 10:06 AM

our path to the CFBP.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I want disrespect for player motivation UNLESS it narrows

Nov 12, 2019, 10:10 AM

In reality the disrespect has not narrowed our path.

Talking heads tried to say that we weren't good enough to make it when there were more options still around.

Now that the options have narrowed, there is not much talk about us being left out of the playoff.

They are now just trying to tear apart our character and say we are doing things the wrong way.

Finally they are adding that we won't stand up to the other teams once we get there.

Where have I heard that before?????

We are the only CFP team from last year that

Nov 12, 2019, 10:18 AM

has been told that 1 loss makes it impossible for a playoff appearance.

I know most of that has to do with how horrible our conference is this year...but that is definitely a narrowed path. 1 loss is a wider path than 0 losses.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We are the only CFP team from last year that

Nov 12, 2019, 10:26 AM

Losses we can control. Spin we cannot. And we can't control not getting in with a perfect record. I have trouble thinking that would happen. But I feel you. If the spin takes it THAT far...geez. That would be something.

Re: We are the only CFP team from last year that

Nov 12, 2019, 10:34 AM [ in reply to We are the only CFP team from last year that ]

The narrative hasn't narrowed our path.

A different narrative might could have given us a chance to lose and get it.

However, our conference weakness is a metric that could be used regardless of what the media is saying.

Re: Negative spin advantage

Nov 12, 2019, 10:07 AM

Ditto ditto ditto! Great first post! Congrats and happy to give your first plus one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well heck. If you are looking to be disrespected

Nov 12, 2019, 10:20 AM

You came to the right place

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Negative spin advantage

Nov 12, 2019, 11:20 AM

I remember years ago when our good teams didnt handle the hype very well. Thankfully it is a different culture now. Especially good given the amount of talk and hype generated these days

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What I want

Nov 12, 2019, 11:57 AM

I hear ya… but I want us to be at a level of talent, focus, and strategy that regardless of whether we are disrespected or the media darling we still show up and play to our Clemson standard. And, I think that's about where we are as a program. As long as we do that, we will be in the national conversation and have the opportunity to lift the big trophy at the end of the season. And the bonus is, we are doing it with class in a God-honoring way. So proud of this program!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What I want

Nov 12, 2019, 12:42 PM

Well said!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,575
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic