Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Negative Nancy's Math Class...must remove ORANGE glasses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,732

Negative Nancy's Math Class...must remove ORANGE glasses

Sep 28, 2014, 8:21 AM

A little math might bring everything into perspective.

How good is CLEMSON - and how bad is USUC?

Well - let's see.
USUC beat ECU at USUC by 10.
ECU beat UNC at UNC by 29.
CLEMSON beat UNC at CLEMSON by 15.
As bad as USUC is, the math indicates that USUC will beat us by...uh...10+29-15 = 24 freaking points.

Okay - so it doesn't work like that. But just in case we all missed it...
UGA beat CLEMSON at UGA by 21 (really? dang).
USUC beat UGA at USUC by 3.
Well this time the math won't lie. The math indicates that USUC will beat us by...uh...21+3 = 24 freaking points.

Wait a minute Hoss - MATH NEVER LIES. Maybe if we add some factors, use the Bell Curve, or...stats, yeah we'll use stats...oh wait.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Negative Nancy's Math Class...must remove ORANGE glasses

Sep 28, 2014, 8:28 AM

ECU DID NOT play the 'heels in chapel hill!!!

Well based on this, I say let's just don't play them...***

Sep 28, 2014, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep let's cancel the season and donate all that money

Sep 28, 2014, 8:33 AM

to the homeless
Or Hillary's election fund
Or the Gamecock Club
Or some other worthwhile endevor

Re: Well based on this, I say let's just don't play them...***

Sep 28, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Well based on this, I say let's just don't play them...*** ]

I like your math and thinking outside the box. I do this thing the win-loss deficits toosometimes. I dont see us losing to USC by 24 tho. UGA was a pre-watson era game. Their receivers had no impact on us, as opposed to UNC. Their running game is what hurt us, badly (and primarily in the 4th with our d getting no break). Also verse usuc, UGA had a touchsown taken away for holding and missed a 28yd field goal to tie the game with a min left. Shouldve beaten usuc. ECU is a top ten team that noone knows about. In their 70 vs UNC, they had 400 passing and 350 rushing yds. If we could run, the score may have been higher than 50. Finally usuc, only has one pure rb to hurt us and one receiver who may be stranded on mack island all night. Their largest weakness is their pass defense. TAMU torched them for 550, uga did okay 250, ECU 350, mizzou qb shouldve went home, he was drunk. But usuc is terrible against the deep ball. With Watson playing Leggett and Peake in full stride by the final game, it could get ugly. Clemson by 14+.

You CANT judge a match based on common opponents.

There are so many factors to weigh in, also different match-up problems, home field advantage, etc.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duhhhhhh .... He just did it. Didn't you see it ?

Sep 28, 2014, 9:55 AM

Try & keep up. There is really important, really well done work being done in here this morning.

You need them to type slower ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sounds about right.

Sep 28, 2014, 8:34 AM

UNC played ECU at ECU. Clemson plays USuC in DV. Hard to win road games (unless it's in the cockroach apparently). More worried about BC and GT than USuC.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2014, 8:37 AM

Depends which BC shows up. The one that played USC or the one that played Akron

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since Pitt beat Boston College

Sep 28, 2014, 8:40 AM

And then Akron beat Pitt, yet BC beat Southern Cal, does that mean that Akron would beat Southern Cal?

TIA my head

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Transitive Property does not apply to college football.***

Sep 28, 2014, 8:36 AM

Bipolar much?

Sep 28, 2014, 8:40 AM

your post about the coots below says otherwise

At least use a scok if you're going to swing both ways

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Sep 28, 2014, 8:44 AM

Y'all do realize that I'm just making crap up today - huh? Just messing around - none of this logic ever works - or at least I've never seen it work very well. It's more about match-ups IMO. But interesting to look at sometimes.

A more variables to add in...

Sep 28, 2014, 8:45 AM

The Capons have two losses at their own house.

Clemson has none.

The Capons have a major rear end kicking at the hands of a hurry-up offense.

Clemson has none.

The Capons have a loss to an unranked team that had already lost to a mediocre B1G team in their own house.

Clemson has none.

Both Clemson and UCS have squandered excellent opportunities to remain in the national title hunt. Clemson fell at the top-ranked team's house. UCS fell to an unranked team in its own house.

I'm not sure how you'd like to factor those into your equation, but it never hurts to collect as much data as possible before reaching a conclusion.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2014, 8:58 AM

unc played at ecu last week not unc

No global warming for over 8 years

Sep 28, 2014, 9:16 AM

so we change the name to climate change. Still no global warming for a total of 17 years 11 months, but we are told it is a greater danger than terrorists. Do you work of the UN?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,732
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic