Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need to temporarily lower cholesterol?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 474

Need to temporarily lower cholesterol?

Mar 15, 2019, 11:21 AM

I recently signed up for life insurance and was worried about my high cholesterol (genetic) sticking me with a bad rate, so I started looking around the internets for ways to beat the test.

Discovered that LDL (bad cholesterol) sticks to platelets in the bloodstream. Donated platelets (and hopefully LDL) to the Red Cross the day before my life insurance exam. Got my lab results from insurance company this week - LDL cholesterol was 46. My normal LDL level has been 80-120.

I couldn't find anything on the internets to back up my theory, and I can't say for sure that donating platelets helped, but it certainly didn't hurt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

I’ll drink to that!***

Mar 15, 2019, 11:26 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have 4 letters offering me "No Physical" life insurance

Mar 15, 2019, 11:30 AM

tied to my mortgage. Since I got so many mere days after my closing, I figure this to be a scam.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A mortgage?

Mar 15, 2019, 11:32 AM

yes it's a scam

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

It is only a scam for fools what live in the place for 30

Mar 15, 2019, 11:34 AM

years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe not a scam, but not a good deal for healthy people.

Mar 15, 2019, 1:33 PM [ in reply to I have 4 letters offering me "No Physical" life insurance ]

1. if they don't check your health, the rate will be higher than what you can get if your healthy.
2. the Death Benefit pays off your mortgage, not a lump sum of cash to your beneficiary, who then has options on what to do with it.
3. As the mortgage balance goes down, so does the death benefit, but not your premium.
4. in all those papers you signed, you said companies could send you offers for stuff. The mortgage company would like for you to have the morgage covered so they wouldn't have to hassle with repossessing your house.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’sRightYouKnow.png***

Mar 15, 2019, 2:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, those are policies that pay off your mortgage....

Mar 15, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to I have 4 letters offering me "No Physical" life insurance ]

when you die.

In other words, you're buying insurance for the mortgage lender.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or any surviving family members***

Mar 15, 2019, 3:26 PM

You can do that with regular life insurance and...

Mar 15, 2019, 3:27 PM

give the survivors control of how the money is used.

Re: I think the bastages look at county records

Mar 16, 2019, 12:02 PM [ in reply to I have 4 letters offering me "No Physical" life insurance ]

To see what property is newly recorded. I refinance bout a year ago for lower interest rate and less years to pay. Ink wasn’t dry before I started getting those same types of offers for life insurance to pay off mortgage when I is deaded. I thought that was the reason I already have life insurance. I got 3 or 4 a day for awhile so save them for fire starters.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 474
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic