Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need to practice in DV this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Need to practice in DV this week

Nov 18, 2018, 10:35 AM

Only reason I can think of for all the drops by BOTH teams is the lights. Yes, I understand that T-Law was off- I saw he had a bit more of a sidearm motion...not so much as what Griese was talking about. Maybe he was trying to keep the ball a bit lower? Also seemed that he was kinda 'aiming it' like a pitcher does in baseball when having some control issues. Of course trying to see a 60 mph football with lights in your eyes is sorta scary. There were some obvious drops (#10) that had nothing to do with any of the above, but good to see a nice touch on the long ball. Just guessing here, IDK....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need to practice in DV this week

Nov 18, 2018, 11:13 AM

Don’t know what we need to do but we definitely weren’t sharp at the pitch and catch portion of our game. Haven’t rewatched it yet but from the stands it seemed like we had at least 10 plain drops. TL missed a few but with those he’s like 31-38 with another 150 yards and a touch. Catch the darn ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need to practice in DV this week

Nov 18, 2018, 11:44 AM

Back in the day:

You drop'em in practice . . . You run more

You drop'em in the game . . . You sit

If you wanted to play and cared, these tactics made you focus.

If we really are "Too Deep" and "WRU", seems like this old philosophy would still work.

Guess we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, lest they take their ball and go home (looking at you KB).

Society is soft. Glad it's our coaches making those decisions with the young men of this generation. They wouldn't understand or put up with my ire for simple drops going unpunished.

I don't want to break a guy's spirit, but I could not reward poor focus with more opportunities without some restitution.

Ok, rant over.

Nice WIN!!! See you back in the Valley after Thanksgiving!

Focus Tigers and BBQ the coots!!! . . . (a nice bog would be nice, if you'd prefer)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic