Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need Some Dominant Wins!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Need Some Dominant Wins!

Sep 30, 2018, 2:15 PM

Even with the ACC down. If we win our games in dominating fashion we climb back into the playoff conversation easily!
DW4 use to love to use the word dominate. It's time this set of Tigers go out and dominate. No one in the league is on par regarding talent. It's time to show the disparity in talent to everyone outside the locker room. We really can't afford to play to the level of the competition we are playing against. We have to act like we are prepping for Bama, Ohio St., Georgia, Washington or Notre Dame. Best is Standard. And we have to worry about Clemson and being the best Clemson being understood. We have to go dominate opponents not just win! I have full confidence we can do that. If you keep up with recruiting; our skill guys were all recruited by the before mentioned schools. About half of the non-skill guys were too! We even have the best H.S. prospect from Alabama(Ross) and I think the best from Ohio(Carman) on The Tigers roster! Roster for roster we aren't different at all. I think we have some good guys calling the shots. These good guys are going to have to get a little bit of a mean streak though. Nothing permanent/ b/c that is not who they are! But, long enough to put the hammer down on opponents.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need Some Dominant Wins!

Sep 30, 2018, 2:29 PM

Hopefully you guys win out to represent the ACC in the playoffs and we can win the games we should plus help out and beat Notre Dame in Nov. to knock them out of the playoff.

We aren't there yet but we hope that we are on the right track to becoming one of the better teams in the ACC. We don't have the depth we need yet but we have a young WR corp that should get better next year and the RB situation will be better, the OL is improving and we lose Dungey but have a very good backup in Tommy DeVito and a highly regarded dual threat who is redshirting this year Chance Amie out of Texas (Hopefully this is the start of Dino Babers skill position recruiting effect). The previous 2 years our back QB has been a walk-on.

So I don't mind you guys getting some dominant wins going forward now that we've played you but also we hope to help you down the road this year with a win over ND (it's at Yankee Stadium so that may end up helping us, even though we did beat ND the last time we traveled to South Bend).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 2:30 PM

We aren’t in the playoff conversation?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 30, 2018, 3:54 PM

tiger_swimmer® No. Not according to SECPN we aren't!

I think with a healthy TL whoever we play will have their hands full to knock us out the playoffs. We will rise up to the challenge and be ready; despite some unconvincing wins(to some not me).

Sep 30, 2018, 3:59 PM

If we win the rest of our games, though not all of them convincingly, do you believe we will make the playoffs?

Sep 30, 2018, 4:04 PM

If Notre Dame, Ohio St, Bama, and OU win out I see the chances being slim. ESPN wants to punish the ACC for being weak.

Notre Dame has had two convincing wins during the past two weeks - though giving up 27 points to Wake is frowned upon. If ND wins in Blacksburg this week they will coast until their final two games.

I see Ohio State tripping up as they typically do.

Sep 30, 2018, 4:13 PM

If ND, OSU, Bama, OU and Clemson win out, it will be the FIRST time in the modern era that 5 teams finished unbeaten. Only twice have three teams finished unbeaten.

ESPN won’t have anything to do with it if we finish unbeaten. These “if unbeaten” scenarios that keep being talked about on TNET are unprecedented yet we keep bringing them up. If we win the rest of our games by 1pt, I’ll bet the farm on us making the playoffs.

Sep 30, 2018, 4:03 PM

Some TNetters are very un-informed regarding these voters and perception among the CFP committee. It matters how big you win. It matters that you are playing teams with winning records or not. If you beat a bunch of teams that can't beat anybody else; what besides what you should do; have you done? That's all people are saying!
Can I control it? No. Can the team control it? No. So I get not worrying about it! Really do get that. We are just discussing possible outcomes based on how the voters tend to lean. Relax!
Win big the rest of the way and there are no worries! Barely win; we may run into "perception issues among voters"!

Sep 30, 2018, 4:36 PM

I'm sure both Dabo and the Clemson players would prefer to have consistent, dominant wins and they will come as our young QB's continue to gain more game experience and shake off any lingering additional butterflies that new starters feel.

But as for the Playoffs, it's absolutely pointless for us to worry about that given the committee won't even reveal it's FIRST ranking until after they meet on Oct 30. And in the past, they haven't given much credence to what the very biased coaching or AP polls thought.

Anybody that actually WATCHED our game and saw what happened, after the week we had leading up to it, would most likely INCREASE our ranking if they were honest with themselves, as it just goes to show how strong we are as a complete team.

Anyways, don't stress, things will work out the way they should at the end with the only exception being a potentially extremely obnoxious and maybe undeserving Notre Dame team getting a spot, as there is no real way of knowing since they don't have to 'prove' themselves in any legitimate way like the other Power 5 teams have to do to earn it. And if that happens, I imagine there will be quite the discussion by the ACC about CLARIFYING the agreement with ND, as it will cause the conference to miss out on a HUGE amount of money.

Sep 30, 2018, 4:45 PM

I agree with your assessment. Also, my guess is that the selection committee is composed of P5 Conference members that will see letting an independent (ND) in over a conference champion sets a bad precedent.

But, as others have said, multiple teams reaching the end of the season is inconceivable. So win and we’re in.

Clemson football is sponsored by Tums ...

Sep 30, 2018, 9:05 PM

Its a money thang.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic