Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need Info on Helen, GA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Need Info on Helen, GA

Jun 8, 2020, 1:56 PM

The wife wants to go this weekend. Anyone in that area familiar with what's open and what's not open?

I checked their website and there is some info there but, not much.

TIA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Germans***

Jun 8, 2020, 1:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well played. Well played indeed.***

Jun 8, 2020, 3:37 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sir

Jun 8, 2020, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Germans*** ]

Win Tigernet today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was going to give a "WRONG BOARD MORAN!!!" response

Jun 8, 2020, 1:59 PM

but honestly, your post is so much better than the other crap that is being posted on the football board all day for the last 3 months.

As for Helen, it's a cool place to visit, but I don't know what's open or not. Good luck.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Need Info on Helen, GA

Jun 8, 2020, 2:03 PM

Some friends and I got "asked to leave Helen" and never come back, back in the early 80s during a college road trip for Oktoberfest. It seems that one of my buddies was hitting on the mayor's wife. Good times !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 2:54 PM

I went to Helen Georgia for Octoberfest from Clemson in '85. All I remember is drinking a lot and driving through a KKK rally, white sheets and all, to get there. I was born is Alabama and grew up in the Carolina's, and had never seen a KKK rally passing out fliers in the middle of some town.

this place is good

Jun 8, 2020, 2:07 PM

and is open

https://www.hofers.com/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: this place is good

Jun 8, 2020, 7:02 PM

Yeah, been there. You are correct. Great bakery.

Make sure to get an extra innertube for your cooler.

Jun 8, 2020, 2:15 PM

YWIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Having to play UGA at home is sorta like

Jun 8, 2020, 2:25 PM

going to #### In Georgia.

Okay, that was weak, I know. ??

Jun 8, 2020, 2:27 PM

Don't know how much time you'll have, but I live on the Chatahoochee part of Lake Lanier. So if you do go tubing, feel free to float on down to my place. Might take you a couple of days, but talk about making memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 2:30 PM

I don't think Babyland Hospital is opened back yet, so scratch that one

Jun 8, 2020, 2:31 PM

It's Georgia with a Republican governor so a lot of tourist places should be open.

Jun 8, 2020, 2:46 PM

If you go you should also drive up to Brasstown Ball. If it is a clear day you can go to the observation deck and see 5 states.

2nd visiting Brasstown Ball! Amazing view but a good climb!***

Jun 8, 2020, 2:58 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Need Info on Helen, GA ]

Thanks!

Jun 8, 2020, 2:48 PM

We went through Helen this past weekend on the way to Hayesville NC..
Everything's open. There's only one road in/out GA Hwy 75.. so expect major traffic.
Go Tigers!

Jun 8, 2020, 3:29 PM

My folks live right outside of Helen. Hit up Clyde's Table & Tavern in Cleveland. Smoked Prime rib is ridiculously good - avocado fries, real good eating.

If you stay in Helen, I highly recommend Big Daddy's.

There's a relatively new brewery right outside of Helen that brews really good IPA's and Berliners - Tantrum Brewing.

Glad to hear everything's opened up - I'm overdue for a visit w/ the pandemic & everything.

Jun 8, 2020, 4:20 PM

I would call the Helen Ga. Chamber of Commerce or a local Bed and Breakfast. They are probably pretty Knowledgeable about what’s going on in Helen Ga.

If you go have a great time and stay safe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2020, 7:08 PM

She checked the chamber website. There was some info there. I was surprised to see that the mountain coaster was still closed.

Jun 8, 2020, 5:03 PM

Sucks @$$...Can’t drink and float down the river anymore and can’t walk around with a drink either...Thank the old heads for that. Spend a few xtra bucks and go an hour or two north to Gatlinburg or Asheville.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Bavaria***

Jun 8, 2020, 5:20 PM

Make sure you're not in a hurry to get from one end of town

Jun 8, 2020, 8:08 PM

to the other.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic