Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Natty Tix
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Natty Tix

Dec 9, 2016, 9:05 PM

Ok, I know this is looking ahead, but in the spirit of faith and positive thinking, I need some advice on tickets for Tampa. Last year prices dropped as the game approached. Do you see that happening this year? Will tickets be harder to come by and way over face value? I don't want to wait too long and miss out on getting a ticket. I welcome all ideas and/or suggestions!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Natty Tix

Dec 9, 2016, 9:08 PM

I'm curious too. Tickets on stubhub are outrageous. With the game being in Tampa, I doubt we will see a drop off in price like last year.

I agree

Dec 9, 2016, 9:28 PM

The prices dropped last year, but not a ton. I think my tix were $400 each and they were in the lower level endzone. If it's a Clemson-Bama rematch, I expect tickets to be higher. Bama travels very well (much like Clemson). And a trip to Tampa is nothing compared to Phoenix... especially with them playing locally in Atlanta in the first round.

The best 'value' is to go to the Fiesta. It's hard for anybody (Money and/or Time) to go to 3 bowl games in a row (ACCCG, CFP, Natty). Getting to that 1st CFP game is a lot cheaper.

But if you're shopping for tickets, here's what I would recommend: Monitor the resellers websites multiple times per day for that week between the CFP and the Natty. Get a feel for where you want to sit and the ticket fluctuations. Wait until the DAY BEFORE or the DAY OF the game. Most buyers are too paranoid about missing the game to wait that long. Most sellers know the premium prices come 3-4 days before the event. If you can wait that long, you'll get a better price. I would definitely not recommend buying tickets in the parking lot from a stranger. There are a ton of scammers out there and getting a great (fake) ticket for $200 will really ruin your trip.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One last comment

Dec 9, 2016, 9:35 PM

I just hopped over to StubHub to view the prices. They are way over-priced. They will definitely come down a lot. The tickets for sale on their now by people that will not attend the game. There are huge blocks of unavailable seats that are going to be sold through the schools in the game. So, in 3 weeks or so a huge block of additional tickets will hit the secondary market, driving the price down. Definitely wait to buy.

Re: One last comment

Dec 9, 2016, 10:57 PM

That's good info. Thanks!

Re: I agree

Dec 9, 2016, 11:02 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

Yes, I am one of those paranoid buyers of which you speak! I will continue to monitor resale sites and see wgat happens. Thanks for the advice and Go Tigers!

Re: I agree

Dec 9, 2016, 11:29 PM [ in reply to I agree ]

Good info and suggestions. I ordered mine via IPTAY, but there are other ways to get better tix than we will get. I just wanted to support Clemson and our Athletic Dept, but the bowls need to be mindful of who puts the butts in the seats though they don't act like they really care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TeamTix

Dec 9, 2016, 9:23 PM

This is what my dad and I did, and it sure beats overpaying on Ticketmaster or Stubhub.

https://collegefootballplayoff.teamtix.com/markets/sports/college-fb/clemson/2017-national-championship?host=cfp

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: TeamTix

Dec 9, 2016, 9:34 PM

I have been considering this. You pay a fee, say $200ish, to reserve face value tickets, correct? I assume that money is non-refundable if we do not make the game. That ends up somewhere in the ballpark of $650 to $750 a ticket; I was hoping ticket prices would eventually fall below that. The cheapest tickets on stubhub are running that and it's for uppers.

Re: TeamTix

Dec 10, 2016, 2:03 PM

My family and I bought team tix last year for natty. It's a great thing to insure that you're in the game, only downfall is you wally have no control over where your tickets are. You have an idea (obviously lower or upper depending what you buy), but that's about it. Our tickets came and we ended up being corner end zone upper deck top row. Still could see everything perfect just wasn't as good of atmosphere. It's just a chance you take!

Dec 9, 2016, 9:26 PM

If Washington some how beats Bama and we play them I think tickets will come down .
If it's a rematch of last season tickets will be hard to find for a good price

Dec 9, 2016, 10:47 PM

Just curious if they sell national championship tickets around the stadium like they do normal games.I couldn't make it to Arizona last year and I was curious if they do

Yes

Dec 10, 2016, 11:11 AM

The parking lots and the roads into the stadium were loaded with ticket scalpers at the NCG last year in Glendale. Same at the Orange Bowl. Those scalpers are like Death and Taxes.

Dec 9, 2016, 11:14 PM

Face Value for a lower ticket in the end zone is $550.

If the game is Clemson - Bama. I don't if tickets will fall below face.

I bought tix last minute last year (didn't think I could go til 5 days before)

Dec 9, 2016, 11:18 PM

What made it cheaper last year was that everyone was trying to travel through the same airport hubs driving up airline costs.
People said screw it. That left a drastic drop in ticket prices.
That will not be the case this year. Everyone can drive to Tampa (morals aside and all). If its Bama and Clemson, tix will not drop below $600-650 for uppers or endzones imo. If you know you want to go, I'd bite the bullet and pay teamtix. You might be able to wait until last minute, but with an easy drive for lots of fans, I wouldn't count on cheap tickets even before the game. So for now, Go Tigers and Go Huskies!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

If Clemson plays Alabama in Tampa

Dec 10, 2016, 12:14 PM

the get in price would probably be somewhere around the $800 mark. To sit lower deck in the game would easily be 4 figures. Sorry if this comes as a shock but without the travel bottleneck of last year prices won't come near face value ($450 upper, $550 lower)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic