Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Natty Ticket Strategy - (Unsolicited Advice Within)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 485

Natty Ticket Strategy - (Unsolicited Advice Within)

Jan 3, 2017, 9:35 AM

This is advice for "The Lounge" only. I do not have the time to explain every minute detail to the GED educated non-alums on the main board.

You want to go to the game but your only concern is ticket prices? You should make your plans to go to the game now.

Need a hotel? There's still plenty of availability west of Tampa in Clearwater which is only about 15 miles from the stadium (since the stadium is in Southwest Tampa). If you're even thinking about going to the game, book a room now and be sure to get one which you can cancel later with no penalty in case you puss out.

Need to fly? Look for an airport that Allegiant Air goes in and out of (or find a way to get to one). They have flights into Orlando on Sunday night and flights out of Tampa on Tuesday for less than $100 per flight.

As far as tickets, prices have plateaued. You will see some fluctuation over the next few days, but not much. Once tickets from IPTAY and the Alabama equivalent group are issued, prices will drop a little or at worst, keep things stabilized. Prices for tickets will drop during the last 72 hours and you will see big changes between the 72, 48, and 24 hour time periods. Several sites allow you to download tickets instantly and StubHub will have an onsite pickup area like last year. This means you can obsessively track tickets on one of these sites, watch for changes, and make decisions very quickly without getting screwed.

Yes, I know that last year and this year are "apples and oranges". Last year, ticket prices for lower deck on game day were $100. 48 hours before that, the same tickets were $500-$600. 72 hours before game time, those same tickets were $800+. People were paying >$800 for upper deck seats at this time last year. You will not see the same drops this year as last year, but you will see significant drops. It's hard to predict exactly how low it will go, but I think $500 tickets will be easily obtainable. $250 tickets may be available on game day. Maybe slightly lower than that. People will not be paying $2000 for tickets at the last minute. It doesn't work that way.

Book your hotel. Book your transportation. Pick a website and track ticket prices. Wait until the last 72 hours to buy. If you take my advice and it works (which it will), you will owe me a BJ on game day. I'll be the guy with my dong hanging out of my jeans waiting on you in Lot 13.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you give me directions to Lot 13?***

Jan 3, 2017, 9:38 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to the southwest corner.

Jan 3, 2017, 9:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I spent a lot of time in the South East until the early 80's***

Jan 3, 2017, 9:56 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will the people who order through IPTAY be able to put

Jan 3, 2017, 9:42 AM

their tickets on Stubhub? I imagine IPTAY tickets are electronic and if I'm buying electronic seats, I would much rather buy off of Stubhub to lessen the chance that someone dupes the tickets and hoses me

This extra supply of IPTAY tickets on Stubhub will also hopefully reduce the price of all tickets overall

This is my hope.***

Jan 3, 2017, 9:44 AM

If the tickets are a PDF, yes, that is all StubHub needs.

Jan 3, 2017, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Will the people who order through IPTAY be able to put ]

Important Information
In order to list tickets for this event you must first deliver them to our LMS location in Tampa. You'll receive an email with instructions on where and how to send in your tickets after you complete your listing. Your tickets will not be active until we receive them in Tampa.

PDF Tickets?If you have your PDF tickets already, please upload them when listing your tickets.

If you know you will have PDF tickets, but they are not in your possession yet, please fill out the PDF agreement in order to list your tickets for PDF delivery. You will not be enabled to list your PDF tickets until you submit the agreement and your account is approved.

Questions? Our Major Events team can be reached at collegefootballplayoff@stubhub.com or give us a call at 860-408-5730, Weekdays: 8am-12am ET and Weekends: 8am-10pm ET.

Lol, posted on Jan 3, telling people to get hotels they can

Jan 3, 2017, 10:20 AM

cancel... just lulz.

Booked my room months ago, and my flight a few weeks ago for 10k SW points.

Yeah, that's my plan more or less

Jan 3, 2017, 11:11 AM

minus the BJ.

I can wait until early sun morning to pull the trigger and I'm totally fine with NOT going at current prices and totally fine with sitting anywhere. There's too many moving parts (kid care) for me to engage to drive down with no tickets hence the Sunday AM deadline, but I'm tempted to do that anyway and if it all backfires, fug it... it was for the Natty

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just hold on one minute.

Jan 3, 2017, 11:19 AM

You mean there will be ANOTHER guy with his dong hanging out of his jeans waiting on you in Lot 13?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which gameday, or do you mean all of them ?

Jan 3, 2017, 11:20 AM

asking for 19B

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 485
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic