Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pretty good interview with Obama.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 603

Pretty good interview with Obama.

Nov 20, 2020, 8:33 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-tells-kimmel-navy-seals-055803478.html
https://media.zenfs.com/en-US/thedailybeast.com/b3348053239fcc9bcabef51d94266c69">

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Narcissism and personal attacks

Nov 20, 2020, 9:00 AM

Tell me again why you dislike Donald Trump?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Narcissism and personal attacks

Nov 20, 2020, 10:22 AM

Seemed pretty classy to me and straightforward.

Re: Pretty good interview with Obama.

Nov 20, 2020, 10:19 AM

OMG! Is Obama still talking. His latest memoir on audio runs 29 hours with Obama doing the talking. He's 59. How many more memoirs are we to be treated with?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 20, 2020, 10:24 AM

He sold 890,000 copies the first day, so he will probably write a few more.

Nov 20, 2020, 10:48 AM

It goes to show the stupidity of some people. I like his 60 min. interview it was a pot and kettle interview.

"It goes to show the stupidity of some people"

Nov 20, 2020, 12:33 PM

Do you think these comments out in your head before you type them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "It goes to show the stupidity of some people"

Nov 20, 2020, 12:35 PM

You are not one the pot and kettle crowd are you?

Re: "It goes to show the stupidity of some people"

Nov 20, 2020, 5:57 PM

of the pot and kettle

Quite a contrast to the orange vulgar idiot leading the GOP.***

Nov 20, 2020, 11:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Quite a contrast to the orange vulgar idiot leading the GOP.***

Nov 20, 2020, 11:41 AM

Sure he is an idiot. Keep thinking that one.

I will. He's also a loser. Worst incumbent loss since 1980

Nov 20, 2020, 11:50 AM

That is 40 years for those who can't count votes.

A liar and a loser idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I will. He's also a loser. Worst incumbent loss since 1980

Nov 20, 2020, 12:20 PM

Obama is just as big of a narcissist as Trump in my opinion. He however is cool and smooth very much unlike Trump. For Obama to even consider running for President on his thin record was much like Trump, quite audacious. Obama took his Senate seat January 2005 and was elected President November 2008. Honestly, if he were a white(100%), quite liberal Senator from IL, would he not have been ridiculed for declaring for the Presidency a little over 2 years after going to the Senate? In my opinion, both McCain and Romney would have been a better President. He's definitely a smooth operator. I think the country felt a bit of guilt over racism and obviously many blacks were proud to have an African-American running. He's likable and has a decent mid range jumper. I wish him well and harbor no antipathy towards him, but just don't think he was the best choice. I hate to admit it, but I think Hillary would have performed better than Obama. I find nothing likable about her and suspect her jump shot is totally lacking.

Re: I will. He's also a loser. Worst incumbent loss since 1980

Nov 20, 2020, 12:23 PM

Obama still had more experience than Trump though.

Nope. False equivalence. Trump is in a world all his own.

Nov 20, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I will. He's also a loser. Worst incumbent loss since 1980 ]

Also, Obama didn't run, get the nomination and win because he was black. That makes you sound racist.

Did you mean to give that impression?

Re: Nope. False equivalence. Trump is in a world all his own.

Nov 20, 2020, 4:08 PM

Not at all Chuckston. I didn't say he won because he was black, but I do think it helped him initially to be a man of color. The African-American vote turned out en masse. He was appealing to young people and for folks looking for something new over an old John McCain and a stiff Mitt Romney. I don't think one could argue that Obama had the same credentials as either McCain or Romney. I could care less what color he is. I voted for Tim Scott and will do so again when he runs. I previously voted for my state senator Ralph Anderson who was black and also a Democrat. If Condoleezza Rice were to run, horrors Chuckston---I would vote for her--a black female. I'm not apologetic for the initial post, if you thought you sniffed a hint of racism from me, you were off base. I don't care what color a person is. None of us chose our pigmentation.

Nov 20, 2020, 4:30 PM

He probably lost some votes being black too. He was never going to have a problem beating McCain and Palin though. It was a blowout. He took the popular vote by over 10 million and he got 365 electoral votes.

Nov 21, 2020, 9:08 AM

Carlsbad® said:

He probably lost some votes being black too. He was never going to have a problem beating McCain and Palin though. It was a blowout. He took the popular vote by over 10 million and he got 365 electoral votes.

Agree that there are folks who would vote against a black candidate then and now. It was a perfect storm for Obama to be successful. He was young, charismatic, energetic and delivered speeches well. He offered hope and change. People were fatigued with the war in Iraq and the economy was in the toilet under a Republican administration. Blacks were rightly so proud to have a black man running and I do believe some folks, probably not a massive number felt inclined to vote for Obama because of his origins. Maybe that was balanced off by others who would vote against him. I definitely didn't vote for Obama either time, but admit that while I was not happy with the result, I was proud that our country was capable of making such a choice. I personally don't think he was a good President. Leading from behind and drawing red lines in Syria and then saying he didn't say that were not good looks. I think he definitely benefitted from a gentle press. Trump followed Obama which to me says a lot about how Obama performed. Had the public perceived things were going well at the end of Obama's term, Clinton would probably have been elected especially with Trump's constant missteps.

You probably can't run for President without narcissistic

Nov 20, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I will. He's also a loser. Worst incumbent loss since 1980 ]

tendencies.

But Trump is the first one in my lifetime that I think is a straight up whole cloth clinically certifiable narcissist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You probably can't run for President without narcissistic

Nov 20, 2020, 12:44 PM

Probably a sociopath as well.

Yep. It's weird to me...

Nov 20, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Quite a contrast to the orange vulgar idiot leading the GOP.*** ]

that so many see Trump as exactly the same as Obama or even Biden. That there aren't clear differences between them from a personality standpoint. I don't know where that disconnect from reality stems from but it's freaking bizarre (assuming they truly believe what they say) to see it expressed so often.

Source check?

Nov 20, 2020, 3:59 PM

spooneye®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Replies: 21
| visibility 603
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic