Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nail Bitin, Braggin, Po-Moufin and Bulletin Board Material
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,359

Nail Bitin, Braggin, Po-Moufin and Bulletin Board Material

Sep 19, 2012, 2:51 PM

Well... there is a range of predictions and emotional see-saws being ridden on TigerNet, so it must be FSU week.

My bestfriend from HS is an FSU booster and big time lover of all things college football. Every year, I have to listen to him tell me how FSU is gonna beat the squeeze out of Clemson, and more often than not here lately he avoids my calls on Sunday.

That said, he provided me this gem last night... "According to all of the folks down here, it is a foregone conclusion that we will beat Clemson."

***cough***

I am not scared of FSU, their defense or of a 14 point line. Heck... Clemson hasn't been favored to beat FSU since Custer was a Corporal, why should this year be different? The facts are that is the same "D" we faced last year personnel-wise minus two of their best players (Mssrs Reid and Jenkins). (Note: Reid and Manuel missed last years rumble in the Valley) They may actually be WORSE than the D we dropped 400+ yards on last year. Three games against two glorified high schools and a really bad Wake team don't count folks.

Look at it this way... FSU managed to score seven of the points they DID score on the freakiest interception return I have ever seen. There is no way in Tahj Boyd's tightened helmet that happens again. And even though I think Manuel is a better QB than Trickett, does anyone here think Manuel will drop the career day that Trickett did on us? (336 yds/3tds). I don't think they will.

The question is, what do you think EJ Manuel and a home field crowd mean to FSU? Without that mutant pick 6 Werner had, Clemson wins 35 - 23 last year. That is a twelve point, two scoring possession flip from last year... ... ... add in the 14 point line and you are telling me that this years FSU team is 26 points better than last years?

If Clemson's offense is no better than they were last year (and they are), the question is can FSU's offence score five touchdowns plus one score on Clemson.

Can they?

I say "no".

This is going to be a heck of a game and will be because FSU isn't the only team loaded with NFL talent.

Clemson struggles early and FSU comes out hot and leads at half 16 - 6. But the Flying Tigers Offense gets in gear and the "D" makes halftime adjustments a la Auburn (Give up four sacks in first half - none in second).

Clemson 30 - FSU 26

Can I get a witness?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a bitter and angry man.

Don't forget Catman's short FG miss in the first half and

Sep 19, 2012, 2:59 PM

the 41-yarder we didn't go for in the 4th when we missed on 4th-and-1. If he'd made the first, we would have kicked the second. I know, if,if,if. However, those were scoring ops that we missed on and Catman hasn't been missing many lately.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am with ya SOLOS... he won't miss many this year.***

Sep 19, 2012, 9:30 PM

Re: Nail Bitin, Braggin, Po-Moufin and Bulletin Board Material

Sep 19, 2012, 3:21 PM

Ironically, the FSU fans I know all think Trickett is a better QB than Manuel. What are others hearing from FSU fans?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am hearing the same and I am good friends with several

Sep 19, 2012, 9:31 PM

FSU fans. None trust Manuels consistency but like the dual threat aspect. Trickett is a better passer, but isn't the dual threat.

Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sep 19, 2012, 10:34 PM

I see it the same way. They are not invinicble. Wake had running lanes and NO passing game. Their receivers are slooow. 3rd and 7 and you throw it straight down the line about 3 different times? 4th and 1 and you throw a 40 yard bomb. Their offense was no threat at all, so they turned the dogs loose. If we win the toss, opt to receive and set the tone!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,359
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic