Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson makes ESPN's hypothetical CFB Final Four
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,214

FB Update: Clemson makes ESPN's hypothetical CFB Final Four

Mar 23, 2016, 4:01 PM

Clemson makes ESPN's hypothetical CFB Final Four

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson V FSU in the Final 4? That would mean FSU or Clemson

Mar 23, 2016, 4:29 PM

runs the table and the other has 1 loss...

The would be crazy...

And I would LOVE to see it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson V FSU in the Final 4? That would mean FSU or Clemson

Mar 23, 2016, 4:50 PM

atleast the acc is getting a little credit most of the time 1 loss in confrence means bye bye playoff

Mar 23, 2016, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Clemson V FSU in the Final 4? That would mean FSU or Clemson ]

Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if us and FSU are the two best teams next year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Mar 23, 2016, 10:16 PM

I wouldn't either, but I do think we have a decided advantage from an offensive standpoint because DW4 is without a doubt the best in the country at the most important position on the field .
FSU has receuited as well as anyone , maybe Alabama could claim to have done better ...but they are bursting with top players .
Should be an epic battle in Tallahassee this fall :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Clemson and FSU would have to be the OBVIOUS top 2

Mar 24, 2016, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson V FSU in the Final 4? That would mean FSU or Clemson ]

It will be really tough for either team to take an early loss in conference and then make it to the playoffs without the benefit of late season wins vs the division winner. Both teams would have to win the eye test. The real problem is that it would be easier for a team to recover from a road loss, but the game is in Tallahassee and we don't have any marquee games late in the season. Perhaps if one team or the other is missing a key player. If Watson misses the FSU game and we lose a close one. We would also need other conference teams to play well.

Mar 23, 2016, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Clemson V FSU in the Final 4? That would mean FSU or Clemson ]

If I read the article correctly they are just putting 68 teams into a bracket matching NCCA Basketball and having them face off. This is a hypothetical not taking any of the season into consideration just that they think we would make the Final Four in a tourney.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, they used a hypothetical football tournament made up

Mar 23, 2016, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Clemson V FSU in the Final 4? That would mean FSU or Clemson ]

of 68 college football teams like the basketball tournament. FSU was a #1 seed and Clemson a #2 seed. So, we wouldn't have made a four team playoff. As a number two seed, which would mean ranked number 5-8, we'd probably have no more than two losses, maybe just one. But we would have had to beat one of the number one seeds to get into the final four.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson makes ESPN's hypothetical CFB Final Four

Mar 23, 2016, 5:46 PM

To run the table, Clemson had to beat FSU. FSU underperformed last year. Great athletes, poor coaching and an in ability to turn great athletes into great team payers. They'll do the same this year and be top 10 at most. Tigers will be only ACC team in final four.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2016, 8:06 PM

The Nole's will be the biggest and toughest game of the year. Gotta beatum

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Mar 23, 2016, 8:12 PM

Agree. Every year that is that game I get most tense about.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, that will be the NC game against Bama (again).***

Mar 24, 2016, 11:14 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson makes ESPN's hypothetical CFB Final Four ]

Mar 24, 2016, 6:31 PM

Why would this carry any weight. They picked the Tigers to finish 4th in their ACC Div last year.

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic