Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL Players make me sick disrespecting our nation on the day
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

NFL Players make me sick disrespecting our nation on the day

Sep 11, 2016, 8:40 PM

we got ambushed.I hope they all get cut and go broke.I wont watch a minute of nfl till they cut out the cancer. Its sucked for years anyway

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL Players make me sick disrespecting our nation on the day

Sep 11, 2016, 8:44 PM

This oppression BS is getting out of hand.There was almost 500 white people killed by police last year vs 258 black...Why arent we the ones oppressed ? Probably because we realize someone may have gotten shot and killed for a reason...jmo

Sep 11, 2016, 8:44 PM

that will teach them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What makes me mad...

Sep 11, 2016, 8:49 PM

Is the NFL threatening to fine players who wore cleats paying respects to 9/11. I don't agree with this crap of not standing during the national anthem, but if the NFL is going to say it's their right because of freedom of speech, then you can't fine these other players. The NFL will be better of once Goodell is gone.

Millionaire and Oppression just don't seem to go together***

Sep 11, 2016, 8:56 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

They may have the right to do it, but their reason for doing

Sep 11, 2016, 9:02 PM

is a load of horseshite. It's one thing to be ignorant and misinformed, but another when it fuels more ignorance and misinformation which results in anger, division, and violence.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: They may have the right to do it, but their reason for doing

Sep 11, 2016, 9:19 PM

did not realize Roger Ailes played in the nfl.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They may have the right to do it, but their reason for doing

Sep 12, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to They may have the right to do it, but their reason for doing ]

Spot on

Sep 11, 2016, 9:04 PM

How are they disrespecting the nation for something they believe in. I wouldn't stand for it either not because of the Black Lives matter nonsense cause that shhhh is a joke but because what America stands for now government presidents none of the leaders of America can care less about the ppl. My grandfather fought for this country and i respect him for that but there is no way i would fight for freedom not to be free...America and its leaders are a joke i live here but have no respect for America

Sep 11, 2016, 9:08 PM

Well you certainly have a right to your opinion but I believe to not stand for the anthem or the flag salute is an insult to the rest of us that aren't oppressing you and are just trying to get by ourselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 9:12 PM

The flag means nothing anymore to America a man went to jail for flying his American flag in America after he was told to take it down by the cops because his neighbor was offended. America has become a big pu$$y

Sep 11, 2016, 9:16 PM

Well that's not a reason to disrespect it too, that's the reason we should all show how important it is to us and how people like this aren't helping anything, they are hurting us all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The flag represents the very things your grandfather fought

Sep 11, 2016, 9:19 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL Players make me sick disrespecting our nation on the day ]

for! Yes - there are things in America that need fixing - that is true of every country and always will be, but those things do not define the American ideals that the flag represents. That is the purpose for having a symbol like a flag; it represents unchanging ideas and ideals. The flag does not represent oppression and corruption, even though they may exist to some degree in the country over which the flag flies.

When you disrespect the flag, you aren't doing anything to help oppressed people or fight a corrupt government - you are disrespecting a very big, important idea, the idea that all men are created equal and have the right to live free, and you are disrespecting those who fought and died for you, so that you may have that right and enjoy that freedom.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: The flag represents the very things your grandfather fought

Sep 11, 2016, 9:26 PM

My grandfather fought for so called freedom and i hear him say all the time how dirty the government is and how he wished he didn't waste his time fighting for America because America and its leaders are a bunch of Pu$$y

Re: The flag represents the very things your grandfather fought

Sep 12, 2016, 11:31 AM [ in reply to The flag represents the very things your grandfather fought ]

Thank you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More generic ########. Give me specific examples of why you

Sep 11, 2016, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL Players make me sick disrespecting our nation on the day ]

feel that way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: More generic ########. Give me specific examples of why you

Sep 12, 2016, 7:41 AM

America doesn't respect anyone the government is evil just watch the news thata enough reasons to no respect slumarica

That's a general statement.

Sep 12, 2016, 11:06 AM

1. How "doesn't America respect anyone?

2. How is "government evil?"

Show me specific examples.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: That's a general statement.

Sep 12, 2016, 12:25 PM

He can't. He's just repeating what some other dumb ### said to him. Most of these people have no idea what they want changed and even less of an idea of what's actually going on in this country.

Colin Kaepernick was asked specifically what he wanted changed numerous times and he couldn't answer other than saying "police brutality". He didn't even know what a blanket indictment was. The guy is a joke and this whole charade he's pulling is an even bigger joke. He will be out of the NFL in 3 years anyways so we won't have to hear about this idiot for much longer.

You really do need to seek help.

Sep 12, 2016, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: More generic ########. Give me specific examples of why you ]

Please do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No type of injustice is correct

Sep 12, 2016, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: More generic ########. Give me specific examples of why you ]

but frankly 90% of the world would gladly take the "oppression" that black people face in America. Minority populations throughout the world are oppressed, singled-out and largely hated by the majority population. Ask the Kurds about this. Are people of African descent treated any better in Europe? Maybe when fans do monkey chants at black players in Spain,Italy and Russia? How about in Japan where anybody who is not full blooded Japanese cannot take certain honors and offices in that country, no exceptions? How well have Muslims been treated in France, Germany and the UK recently? Basically America is not perfect but black people in America have striven and overcome quite a lot and become one of the most successful minority populations in the entire world

Sep 12, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: NFL Players make me sick disrespecting our nation on the day ]

dont let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out tonio. by the way, fill us in on a country you do respect.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turn off the TV and take your kids / dogs to the park

Sep 11, 2016, 9:16 PM

Enough people do this and the problem goes away ...

What he said and let me add

Sep 11, 2016, 9:24 PM

Whether one likes Trump or not, the reality is, people are fed up and willing to grasp at darned near anything which looks something other than the norm and something like what might get us back to something like normal.

These are strange times we are in, but if enough folks voice disagreement, much of this can go away.

Sep 11, 2016, 9:34 PM

It is so easy to feel the way you feel, and I can sympathize with that feeling. However, once you do the research, the hard research, the history, the background, the real circumstances around the event itself, it causes a pause in your entire universe of what you thought was your reality.

Please do not judge someone who has spent time researching the 911 event, if you have not had the time to research it yourself. This event CHANGED THE WORLD and if any event ever deserved to be researched, it it this one.

The countless soldiers who have fought and died for our country are definitely Heroes. They believed that what they were fighting for was Freedom and Liberty and Peace for our country. No one should ever take that away from them.

But, suppose they were actually fighting for something much less gallant, something much more malevolent, something much more attuned to commercial and imperial designs which would improve the capitalistic status of their country? But were getting completely 'screwed' in the process? And believe me, they ARE!

Do your own research about the imperial nature of your country, the USA, and see how you feel.

We are not fighting FOR democracy, we are fighting AGAINST it. In every single case. Prove me wrong.

Peace always and all ways! Love my Tigers!

PS…This thread DEFINITELY doesn't belong on here…but I could NOT resist! Peace, my brothers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Don't give them the chance--play it before they take the

Sep 11, 2016, 9:35 PM

field. If they want to abuse the privilege, then take it away. No publicity, no millionaires protesting oppression...

If they really want to do something to help, how about donating time and money to help re-home those who lost everything in the Louisiana flooding.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Colin Kaepernick, for one

Sep 11, 2016, 9:40 PM

Does a good deal of charitable works, including work for children with heart conditions. He supports Camp Taylor (a camp for children suffering from heart issues) by donating both money and his time.

Re: Colin Kaepernick, for one

Sep 11, 2016, 9:58 PM

Then he should use what influence he has to inspire others to do something positive. What is gained by this other than disrespect and making others angry? If you have a worthy cause, educate people, don't alienate them.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I would say

Sep 11, 2016, 10:08 PM

That he believes that he is shining a light on an issue in which he believes strongly, and that the publicity his protest has generated, and the subsequent conversations generated, has been beneficial. Protests, in general, are not designed to make people feel comfortable. Not saying a agree with his stand, but I can certainly see where he is coming from with his actions.

I agree, he believes that

Sep 12, 2016, 11:16 AM

However, I believe that the negativity he is generating far outweighs a more positive approach in advancing his cause.

--Henry David Thoreau

What approach would you suggest?***

Sep 12, 2016, 11:16 AM

My question is this

Sep 11, 2016, 9:46 PM

At what point will they ever stand for the National Anthem again? I haven't heard any concrete goal. I foresee them never standing for the anthem again.

When will it stop? The ideal they are "standing up for" (pun intended) seems too broad and vague in nature. There will always be some way to be dissatisfied if you try hard enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When they realize it may effect their paycheck coming in***

Sep 11, 2016, 10:02 PM

good point

Sep 12, 2016, 12:10 PM [ in reply to My question is this ]

I mean if this "systematic" racism does exist like they say then that isn't something you fix in a matter of weeks.

I'm angry enough to quit watch NFL and buying NFL gear.

Sep 11, 2016, 9:57 PM

There's a problem though. I've never spent a penny on NFL junk nor have I watched a game in 31 years. When I discovered Clemson football after enrollment, the NFL took a long step off a short pier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just quit watching NFL... will not be going back...

Sep 11, 2016, 10:22 PM

not as good a product as college anyway.

suck it losers...

Not watching these clowns anymore

Sep 12, 2016, 1:08 PM

Its the owners fault

Sep 12, 2016, 1:43 PM

they should not be employing guys that don't support our country

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive