Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

ND

Nov 5, 2017, 2:15 PM

I get why they are in the rankings, but I don't understand why they'd be a consideration for a CFP playoff spot (assuming they get that far) without a conference. Are they still too snooty to join one?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND

Nov 5, 2017, 2:21 PM

They don't want to share their TV revenues from football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND

Nov 5, 2017, 2:23 PM

They don’t want to share revenue and with their exclusive NBC deal until 2025, they don’t “need” a conference for tv exposure / brand identity.

They seem to argue both points with ferocity and truly believe that conference championship games are “just another game”. You can’t budge them an inch.

They'll start changing their tune when they finish 11-1 & a 12-1

Nov 5, 2017, 5:23 PM

conference champ moves in ahead of them. I am hoping the CFP committee won't be as enamored with ND as the media typically are. I wouldn't think the ADs and former coaches on the committee especially care the that snooty attitude of "we are too good to be in a conference".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They'll start changing their tune when they finish 11-1 & a 12-1

Nov 5, 2017, 5:46 PM

Hate to sound cynical but if Notre Dame wins out, the committee will find a way to move them up high enough before the conference championship games are played so they can drop them a spot or 2 in order to both keep them in the playoff and maintain the narrative that being a conference champ means something. I'd be shocked if a 1-loss Irish team with their resume doesn't get in. I'd bet they'd get in ahead of several 1-loss power 5 conf champs (Okla, TCU, Wash, Wisc) - basically any of them except for us, or if somehow the SEC champ had a loss. Interesting dilemma would be if Wisconsin runs the table. They haven't played anyone. You can imagine the Big10 outrage if their undefeated champ got left out and ND and/or a 2nd team from the SEC went.

When it comes to college sports, money always trumps the game. See UNC.

Why would the committee favor ND and be influenced

Nov 5, 2017, 5:54 PM

by money?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic