Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCSU in Raleigh: enjoyable road trip, or the new Maryland?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,980

NCSU in Raleigh: enjoyable road trip, or the new Maryland?

Oct 30, 2017, 1:18 PM

i've heard experiences in Raleigh that are all over the spectrum. I've been several times, and have drawn mixed conclusions each time. What say ye?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

This will be my first trip there

Oct 30, 2017, 1:38 PM

any pointers would be appreciated.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will be my first trip there

Oct 30, 2017, 1:44 PM

wear urine proof boots

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will be my first trip there

Oct 30, 2017, 1:53 PM

I've heard that. I thought that Carter–Finley's motto was "less urine cascading down the stands than in previous seasons." Still bad as ever?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Had a great time 2 years ago

Oct 30, 2017, 1:56 PM

I stay at the Ramada Raleigh which is acceptable and a walkable mile from the stadium. Rooms were still available at their site yesterday for $99. They have a little park behind the hotel so we'll back the truck up and tailgate there. We'll walk back post-game faster than we could drive. Player's Retreat is a good old school sports bar. Sort of a mixture of Nicks, Esso, and TTT with a solid menu. Will head there post-game to watch the night games. Plenty of breweries in town if you're into that. Friday we'll hit Oak and Dagger for lunch and Trophy Brewing for dinner. Raleigh an underrated road trip, IMO.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had a great time 2 years ago

Oct 30, 2017, 4:41 PM

Heads up Trophy has 3 locations now, only the downtown and West Morgan(pizza place, fantastic too) have food, though the Maywood location often has food trucks. Also of note the West Morgan location has VERY limited seating so have a plan B in place to eat somewhere else if the wait is long. Another option that isn't far is UBER/LYFT to Bond Brothers Brewing (better beer than Trophy in my opinion) and on weekends that have food trucks and if you are lucky Zekes Meats will be there...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks

Oct 30, 2017, 10:52 PM

Got reservations for Trophy downtown. Will check out Bond Brothers. May hit both.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live here and work across from NCSU

Oct 30, 2017, 4:02 PM

the fans I interact with daily are great. The ones at the games are A-holes.

like indicated in this thread. Raleigh DT has great places to dine and drink.

The Pit BBQ is good

Oak and Dagger

Backyard Bistro is having Clemson pre-game party

if there is a Canes game on Friday night you could check out some NHL hockey

lots to do and most fans are ok, but ones at the stadium I could live without.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCSU in Raleigh: enjoyable road trip, or the new Maryland?

Oct 30, 2017, 4:18 PM

Only been once but it was fun. Went during the Spiller/Davis days and we rolled em. Fans were fine. Sat in the Clemson section up high. Best part was we parked in some local guys yard - big state fan - for $20. Backing out of there my dad totally rook out the guys mailbox. Dad's State friend was sleeping/passed out in the back seat. Woke up enough to tell the guy not to worry about it and then passed back out. Got some good BBQ but don't remember the name of the place.

Oct 30, 2017, 6:54 PM

The Clemson Nation will be at the big pre-game at Backyard Bistro - live band, food & drink, and just a short walk to the stadium.

The party is being thrown by the Triangle Clemson Club. Two years ago they had over 450 Tigers rocking the bash.

BUY TICKETS NOW - sales end Wednesday night!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/triangle-clemson-club-party-event-for-nc-state-game-tickets-37919248493

Oct 30, 2017, 8:04 PM

Ironically, home of the Dave Dorien show.

Oct 30, 2017, 10:19 PM

Last time I went I witnessed vandalism to cars with Clemson flags. I also saw drunk NCSU fans throw full beer cans at Clemson fans from behind. I’ll never go back to a game at NCSU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,980
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic