Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC game break down
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,396

NC game break down

Jan 9, 2019, 11:39 PM

I have watched all the talking heads about the NC game but no one has mentioned what me and my son talked about before the game. Bama tries to score all their point in the 1st quarter and Clemson scores most of their points in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. I said if Clemson can stay close in the 1st quarter then they will win it in the second and third quarter. They have score most of their points all year in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. I am not sure why it take a quarter to get the offense in high gear but to me they have done that all year.

comments?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC game break down

Jan 9, 2019, 11:50 PM

As a fan...the Scelliott playcalling often comes into question early in games. It is like they have a ###### and don’t deviate. But I have learned they are a he!! Of a lot smarter than this old armchair qb. These guys are tactical! Every play is run with a purpose to A. See how the D reacts and B. Set up a counterattack from the same formation. We are more Muhammad Ali to bama’s Mike Tyson!

Jan 9, 2019, 11:50 PM

######

Jan 9, 2019, 11:51 PM

Keeps censoring S C R I P T

Jan 9, 2019, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: NC game break down ]

I agree they are feeling out team in the first quarter and then make their adjustment in the second and third quarter. That is called coaching.

Our offense is much like a prize fighter . . .

Jan 9, 2019, 11:58 PM

We tend to feel the opposition out early, bobbing and weaving, measuring their reach and tendencies . . . once we feel comfortable with their limitations . . . the combinations come and the upper cut lands.

Simply stated, our offense plays chess in a world of checker players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All good points +1

Jan 10, 2019, 12:35 AM

As far as OC's and their ######, IMHO we will see more confidence and less conservatism from OC's next year especially in 1st qtr.

It's created some real inertia, this early feeling out the other team. But all you guys have it right, ole Dabo and Scelliott have always had a plan -- and an effective one!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's venables d that gives them that luxury

Jan 10, 2019, 12:58 AM

they have time to probe and set opposing teams up, then drop pthe hammer in 2/3, and cruise in 4. Can't do that without a rovk solid d to give you time to probe and adjust.

Bama was just flat outcoached, and Saban knew it

Jan 10, 2019, 1:06 AM

Even called it out in his presser, as "copy cat" plays. Guys on a Bama board were bioching like hell about Venables game plan. We knew all their plays inside out, and their weaknesses, and lined up "out of position" to bait Tua. Just before the snap we shifted and took their plays away. On offense same thing...ran the routes they were vulnerable to from formations they hadn't seen. As someone above said - Chess v checkers. Masterful.

Re: Bama was just flat outcoached, and Saban knew it

Jan 10, 2019, 1:03 PM

I agree. Clemson found out what Tua was doing on different plays and boom baited him into a pick 6 early in the game. When Brent V. changed up the defense after Bama came to the line Saban could not believe it and did not know what to do. I loved it.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,396
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic