Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC State is the UGA of the ACC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,572

NC State is the UGA of the ACC.

Oct 12, 2018, 11:52 AM

They have been swimming in mediocrity and football irrelevance since their last conference championship way back in 1979.

The similarities are striking and sad at the same time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: NC State is the UGA of the ACC.

Oct 12, 2018, 12:01 PM

That’s very true. However UGAY has had some real solid players every year and they still can’t win championships. It’s an SEC thing I guess. The bulldogs don’t have lame excuses for not winning every game. I can’t say that about the little red machine in Raleigh!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 12:28 PM

I think you are giving NCST way too much credit my friend. I think NCST is missing a Natty and appearances in the conference championship games ...

More like South Carolina at best ...

I should have clarified.

Oct 12, 2018, 12:46 PM

I'm referring to the modern era of college football, which began in 1981.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: I should have clarified.

Oct 12, 2018, 12:44 PM

Ok, but GA still has 6 appearances in the SEC championship game and NCST has none in ACCCG.

USCjr. has 1.

Oct 12, 2018, 3:21 PM [ in reply to I should have clarified. ]

Makes no difference what era we talk about. No comparison between N.C. Snake and Uga. The 'Dawgs have been one of the best for decades. The Woofpack has been mediocre.

"one of the best for decades"

Oct 12, 2018, 3:32 PM

Oct 12, 2018, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I should have clarified. ]

He is correct. UGA has 16 conference titles and the are often in the mix. NC State isn't close to being that successful. UGA just can capitalize when they are the best in their group. Never did anything with them save for '80. Kinda like last year. They were the SEC bride but national bridesmaid.

NC State is more like Mississippi's six banners. They SEC Champs in the 60s for a years and then nothing since. Kinda just like state. They put up a decent fight but they always lose... just like state.

Sounds more like the U5C of the ACC***

Oct 12, 2018, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

lol... NCST is by far the...

Oct 12, 2018, 12:45 PM

better of those two programs. They've had stars like Phillip Rivers and Tory Holt. Give me a few minutes and I may be able to think of one player from UGA in the past 30 years, and I doubt most football fans could come up with any.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: lol... NCST is by far the...

Oct 12, 2018, 3:13 PM

Todd Gurley is very recognizable Georgia player and so is Chubb. I think UGA has had more success than Nc State. They have division championships, playoff win and a natty appearance.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those names sound made up.***

Oct 12, 2018, 3:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: lol... NCST is by far the...

Oct 12, 2018, 3:25 PM [ in reply to Re: lol... NCST is by far the... ]

Look at the comparison and draw your conclusions:

http://www.winsipedia.com/georgia/vs/north-carolina-state

UGA probably refused to keep playing them...

Oct 12, 2018, 4:28 PM

once the writing was on the wall that NCST would soon pass them... just like they did Clemson.

Re: UGA probably refused to keep playing them...

Oct 12, 2018, 4:57 PM

You are kidding????????????? Right????

she does not kid***

Oct 12, 2018, 6:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Chubb played for NC state***

Oct 12, 2018, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: lol... NCST is by far the... ]

Oct 12, 2018, 4:16 PM

If I posted this it would have nothing but TD’s.

Smh....

Oct 12, 2018, 5:15 PM

TD's are good right?***

Oct 12, 2018, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: NC State is the UGA of the ACC. ]

Oct 12, 2018, 5:28 PM

More like the Texas a&m. That’s a perfect comparison. Start fast finish slow end up with 8/9 wins. Wash rinse repeat

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,572
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic