Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NC State ACC Champs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

NC State ACC Champs?

Oct 10, 2012, 11:58 AM

I just read HD's blog on ESPN (still not sure why I read her trash, but it's almost all we have as far as coverage is concerned with ESPN) and she's trying to state a case why NC State has a shot to represent the Atlantic division in Charlotte.

Does HD not realize that NC State has not won a road game in the ACC Atlantic division since 2005? NC State plays much better at home and has a propensity to get up for big games, and lay a stinker in the games they should win.

That being said, I like Clemson's chances of knocking of NC State in the Valley. Assuming they lose that game and Clemson/FSU both drop another, what's the tiebreaker scenario if we're all 6-2 in league? Just wondering.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is the year...

Oct 10, 2012, 12:00 PM

That the world is supposed to end so it is possible.

she has to write something up. what else can she write about

Oct 10, 2012, 12:01 PM

she probably does not believe it herself.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

She has to write something up. what else can she write about

Oct 10, 2012, 12:42 PM

only so many ways to Paula Deem a peanut butter and jelly sammich....

Actually, at this point they have as good a chance as

Oct 10, 2012, 12:18 PM

anybody-I get the road game thing, but we actually have not proven to be stellar there either. I agree,we should have an easier path than they do though. It will be a war when they show up in the valley if they don't lose another one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We may lay an egg on the road, but we will NOT..........

Oct 10, 2012, 12:25 PM

lose in the Valley this year to the Wolfpack!

Re: NC State ACC Champs?

Oct 10, 2012, 12:27 PM

That depends on FSU and Clemson drop another one too. NC State has a loss to a Costal team. If FSU loses to Miami and we lose to Wake, then NC State goes. This is due to Clemson having two losses in Division, then NC State holding the tie over FSU. If FSU loses to Maryland and Clemson loses to Duke, then Clemson goes for the same reasons above. If FSU loses to Miami and we lose to Duke, then the division records won't break the tie. The next thing is record vs common opponents. The three of us have no common opponents for all three in Costal division and our only loses in division are to each other. This means the division would be settled by BCS rankings and as it stands it would go to FSU. However, a FSU loss to FLA and a Clemson win over USuC would give Clemson the nod. I don't see anyway NC State be ahead of both teams in the BCS polls at the end of the season.

TU for the explanation. Bottom line, if we do not win out

Oct 10, 2012, 12:40 PM

in the ACC, we don't deserve to be champs of our division. I understand that someone has to "represent", but I don't want it to come down to a mathmatical formula. We need to take care of it on the field and if we are lucky, FSU will drop one more egg and let us climb over. If we lose to NCSU at HOME, I don't want it.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

"...if we do not win out...we don't deserve to be champs"

Oct 10, 2012, 1:18 PM

Well said.

Point. But you gave me a headache!***

Oct 10, 2012, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: NC State ACC Champs? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NC State ACC Champs?

Oct 10, 2012, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: NC State ACC Champs? ]

Wow I always knew the BCS tie-breaker rule but have never really thought about the SCar game possibly losing us an ACC title shot. I don't think winning that game could really push you above another team, but for FSU and Clemson if you lose it could doom you.

null

They control their own destiny - so they have a good

Oct 10, 2012, 12:28 PM

chance. Lots of football left to be played...I haven't paid too much attention to them to know how their team looks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So does Maryland . . . . . but***

Oct 10, 2012, 12:33 PM

They came mighty close to beating us in DV 2 years ago.

Oct 10, 2012, 12:33 PM

We had close games vs BC/AU/GT they have a combined record of 4-12. NCST would have beaten Miami if they didn't commit SIX turnovers. I wouldn't take anything as a given at this point.

Re: They came mighty close to beating us in DV 2 years ago.

Oct 10, 2012, 12:43 PM

We turned it over 2 or 3 times in our OWN red zone that day and held them to a total of 3 points on those drives. I believe they made a FG, missed a FG, and threw an INT so sure they could have beaten us but man was our offense TERRIBLE that day!

I think our last punt was almost airmailed over Parker's

Oct 10, 2012, 12:52 PM

head. Had that happened they could have walked out kicked a fg and won. Luckily we got a big stop on our last defensive series.

"over the punter's head"***

Oct 10, 2012, 12:54 PM

That you Pete Yannity?

Oct 10, 2012, 12:56 PM [ in reply to They came mighty close to beating us in DV 2 years ago. ]

with the phrase "mighty close"

who gives a dammmmm about heather dingys blog?***

Oct 10, 2012, 12:58 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic