Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NASCAR Daytona Crashfest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1,099

NASCAR Daytona Crashfest

Feb 19, 2018, 12:26 PM

NASCAR is going to have to do something to stop the crashfest at the end of races on restarts, sesp. at the restrictor plate tracks. But, restarts are becoming a very big problem at all of the tracks.Drivers are too aggressive and w/the restarts close to a segment finish, it is causing too many wrecks. There's two ways to stop the wrecks that take out half the field.

1. End blocking.(Indy series does not allow it)

2. Return to single file restarts, (W/Double file restarts, the leader of the race is penalized).

With either one of the above in use, the winner of races would be much different. The crash fests at the end of races and on restarts is getting out of hand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

get better drivers instead of everybody's son/grandson***

Feb 19, 2018, 12:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: get better drivers instead of everybody's son/grandson***

Feb 19, 2018, 12:38 PM

This x1000

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you woulda though they learned after Kyle Petty

Feb 19, 2018, 12:47 PM

the ability to drive a car AIN'T genetic.

Watching generationally rich kids and grandkids take laps is NOT my idea of entertainment. Put some fellers out there without two nickels to rub together and you'd have something worth watching.

Well, really why not? The two poor guys have a lot less

Feb 19, 2018, 4:40 PM

to lose.

Re: you woulda though they learned after Kyle Petty

Feb 19, 2018, 7:25 PM [ in reply to you woulda though they learned after Kyle Petty ]

The genes got so bad the 4th generation couldn't even practice at new hampshire

Better yet, there really should be a rule that you can only

Feb 19, 2018, 2:27 PM [ in reply to get better drivers instead of everybody's son/grandson*** ]

run a car that cost $1000.00 or less from Craigslist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQr9vC9T020

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That rule exists

Feb 19, 2018, 8:26 PM

In the tour de Lemons.

It's a real thing, look it up. 24 houres of LeMons

and for proper muzik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQ2305fLeA

Feb 19, 2018, 6:39 PM [ in reply to get better drivers instead of everybody's son/grandson*** ]

Yeah. I'm glad that doesn't happen in other sports.

I've never heard of the son's of college FB coaches being on ole dad's team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 20, 2018, 7:20 AM

This is an unfair comparison. Nascar is different than other sports because 90% of a teams performance is on the driver. Will swinney doesn't make a lick of difference whether he plays or now. Not maybe if Dabo stuck him at QB it would be comparable but you got 11 guys on the field that make a difference, not 1.

Feb 20, 2018, 11:54 AM

You obviously don't know spit about NASCAR.

But keep showing your ignorance. W/O the hundreds of people who work to build a race car, the pit crews, crew chief, etc. performing as a team, the best driver in the world would never win a race.

Keep making up those excuses re. Coaches' sons. I have no problem with coaches'sons playing or being on the team. I was just showing you how ignorant you are by thinking NASCAR is the only sport that sons/ grandsons are part of a team.

Feb 20, 2018, 11:56 AM

lutz @ poor attempt at trolling

This is what I've never understood about NASCAR in

Feb 19, 2018, 12:42 PM

recent years. I remember a time where it was considered unacceptable to just spin somebody out. You had to actually drive around the cars in front of you. Yeah, there was paint swapping and lots of nudging and bumping and such, but if you just intentionally knocked the #### out of somebody and put them into the wall, it was heavily frowned upon and payback was swift and certain. Now, there seems to be some kind of ridiculous, nonsensical, unwritten rule that it is perfectly fine to just drive all over anybody that's in front of you near the end of a race - well, sometimes. It's this huge gray area that is addressed (or not) on a case-by-case basis, with zero consistency or forethought. Hell, if it's okay to spin somebody out and drive the #### all over anybody that gets in your way, why not just start on the first lap and eliminate people all race long until you're the only one left? Just another reason NASCAR is stupid as hayull and has become an unwatchable mess.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: This is what I've never understood about NASCAR in

Feb 19, 2018, 8:27 PM

You misunderstood. Spinning people out to win goes back to Nascar's inception in the 40s

I, for one, will continue my boycott of NASCAR

Feb 19, 2018, 12:46 PM

been going strong for 35 years.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I run the extrapolations

Feb 19, 2018, 2:30 PM

based on the number of kids you have, I find that there is a 71.6% chance that one of your progeny will be a NASCAR driver.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if "not giving a ####" is actually a boycott

Feb 19, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to I, for one, will continue my boycott of NASCAR ]

Not caring may be more effective.

Thats only a small fraction of your life***

Feb 19, 2018, 2:38 PM [ in reply to I, for one, will continue my boycott of NASCAR ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: I, for one, will continue my boycott of NASCAR

Feb 20, 2018, 12:09 AM [ in reply to I, for one, will continue my boycott of NASCAR ]

I have yet to watch a race. I do the nascar thingy by picking random names i have heard. I think i have picked people that have retired a couple of times.

D!ck Trickle is by far my favorite driver.***

Feb 20, 2018, 8:54 AM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would they do that?

Feb 19, 2018, 2:32 PM

Isn't that why you watch it?

Re: Why would they do that?

Feb 19, 2018, 4:39 PM

Nope.If that were the case,attendance and tv viewership would be up and not down.

If I want to see a place full of wrecked cars, I'll go sit for a few hours in my local junk yard. Admission is a Hail of a lot cheaper.

But, that's just me.

Thats just the after effects

Feb 19, 2018, 4:43 PM

How much burning flesh and carnage is going on in your local junk yard? I've been to a few, and its rare to actually see pooling blood, brain matter, or anything on fire.

Re: Thats just the after effects

Feb 19, 2018, 7:03 PM

Yeah. Seeing that blood just pouring down those high banked tracks is pretty common and awesome. I especially like to see those slow motion reruns. Just makes it ooooze.

Not to mention fans getting splattered in the upper levels with all that gooey brain matter.

And those cars blazing w/the drivers being toasted like marshmallows and that burning flesh wafting through the stands. And the slow motion reruns really catch that horror in the eyes of the drivers as they perish.

Well, that just makes one want to go get a few hot dogs at the concession. And wash em down w/a few brews.

But, my favorite, the one you failed to mention, is when the cars come flying into the stands or when the engines come flying through the stands after the cars tumble ,roll, and then skim along the top of the catch fence, decapitating heads of hundreds of men, women and children: it's almost as good as seeing ISIS in action with their beheadings.

You obviously have been to more junk yards than having watched or been to a NASCAR race. But, those junk yards represent more death and carnage than all the Auto races ever run from the first day until eternity.

lulz

Feb 19, 2018, 9:54 PM

Tell me if that hook starts to hurt

Re: lulz

Feb 20, 2018, 11:57 AM

You tell me. You are the one that got hooked and took to the wood shed .

Restrictor plates suck. Get rid of them.

Feb 19, 2018, 8:38 PM

Let them drive instead of draft. Safer that way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NASCAR jumped the shark

Feb 20, 2018, 7:15 AM

When they started closing the old traditional tracks for cookie cutter tracks like Michigan.

They tried to expand their market by turning their backs on towns like Rockingham.
For a town in the U.P. or wherever...

It is a joke and has been for 20+ years.

And when the likes of Jeff Gordon came along pimping his goober smooching self for any and all 700 sponsors after a race, the final nail was driven,

Goodbye NASCAR. Greed killed you.

Re: NASCAR jumped the shark

Feb 20, 2018, 7:23 AM

Combo of the big tracks that suck getting 2 races a season and the finnicky car bodies. If they would go back to steel bodies instead of this crap where the car falls apart and more sub 1 mile race tracks that would be great.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1,099
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic