Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My work involves doing data analysis for trending related
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 527

My work involves doing data analysis for trending related

Jun 15, 2020, 8:01 AM

to debit and credit purchases.

There are certain political contribution related merchants that have shot through the roof over the last two weeks, almost all relate to the President. These are not direct contributions to his campaign, but rather PAC related. The increase for the past two weeks is up 14(1400 percent increase) times over average contributions for the previous 6 months.

I did a similar query to see percentage increase for known left leaning PACs and there was no significant movement.(Left leaning PACs are trickier to follow, as they don't always make it known which way they lean and don't always post under the correct merchant category code)

Not sure what this means politically, but it does seem Trump is gathering up his base, contributions-wise.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I see Trump ads all the time online

Jun 15, 2020, 8:50 AM

Things like 'Take the survey to show how great he's done', or 'Wish him a happy birthday'.

Haven't seen a single Biden one except the videos put out by the Lincoln Project

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may be the case of just timing.

Jun 15, 2020, 6:39 PM

The Trump contribution increase may be related to marketing. If it is, it has been effective.

Biden may be just be waiting to ask for contributions till closer to the election.

BTW, I was looking at contribution count volume, not dollars. Trump may have increased 1400%, but if they are $1.00 contributions, it would only show base intensity and not any real enthusiasm for victory.

I just found it curious that the increase has happened over the last two weeks during the protest rioting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

...or just after the 'stimulus' disbursements?***

Jun 15, 2020, 9:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, that was over a month ago when we saw those spikes.

Jun 15, 2020, 9:59 AM

And there was no discernable increase in any PAC giving related to that period.

Probably took a while to figure the splits....***

Jun 15, 2020, 10:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My work involves doing data analysis for trending related

Jun 15, 2020, 10:44 AM

its on and gonna be beautiful to watch

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My work involves doing data analysis for trending related

Jun 15, 2020, 10:45 AM

dems always gift trump something, the riots/autonomous zones are perfect timing

never has a president withstood so much

whattaman!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey man, reply on tmail if you prefer, but contribution-wise

Jun 15, 2020, 11:11 AM

how is the the “New Bugatti for Obed Society” trending?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I looked it up.. only declined transactions

Jun 15, 2020, 11:52 AM

each for 3 million though.

they are mostly Oleg Deripaska transactions, lol***

Jun 15, 2020, 11:27 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 527
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic