Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My wife and I spent last week in Miami Beach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1,403

My wife and I spent last week in Miami Beach

Aug 23, 2019, 4:11 PM

We had an absolutely fabulous time. It's been a while since I was there last. They now have a concrete Recreation Trail that runs pretty much the entire length of Miami Beach which is about 8 miles and parallels the beach just behind the dunes. I have never seen something so nice dedicated to people who want to walk, run or bike. It was packed from 7am until late afternoon. For your cyclists there is a great 25 mile bike loop I did.

Right down the street from us was the homes of: Dwayne Wade, Cher, Jennifer Lopez, Matt Damon, Rickey Martin and Barry Gibb. Most live on the same block and surprisingly NOT in a gated community but each house does have a gate where their driveway meets the street. (Cher had about 10 UPS packages outside her gate.) We were on our bikes and tempted to look at the packages up close to see how they were addressed but we figured we were being watched via security cameras and decided against it.
I then rode my bike to Star Island and more great houses there, many celebs.
We went to South Beach, Coconut Grove and Little Havana where we ate at Versailles which was great and cheap at hell to eat. We got 2 great meals for $15 unheard of.

The bars and restaurants we really nice. The Cuban scene is cool.
It's like visiting another country without all the hassle and expense. 80% of the population in Dade County are Latino.
The Old Orange Bowl is where the Marlins now play baseball. I went to one game at the old Orange Bowl. Cool place.
We were not attacked by a shark. :)
I highly recommend a trip there.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1,403
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic