Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My top 4 playoff team. And Alabama isn’t in it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

My top 4 playoff team. And Alabama isn’t in it.

Aug 22, 2019, 10:32 PM

1. Clemson
2. Georgia (there gonna beat Alabama)
3. Oklahoma
4. Penn state.

This is the way I’m leaning as for as the playoffs. That’s my very early prediction.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My top 4 playoff team. And Alabama isn’t in it.

Aug 22, 2019, 10:45 PM

So Jalen Hurts will lose another NCG to us?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 23, 2019, 6:18 AM

My bet is that he's replaced after a short period of time. I'm not sold on that guy.

Aug 23, 2019, 10:59 AM

Alabama wasn't too bad with him at qb...

Alabama had a better defense and he fit the clock control

Aug 23, 2019, 1:17 PM

better with the Bama D. He is not an offensive producer.

There= uhm?- They are?

Aug 22, 2019, 10:52 PM

Not the spelling police but that's just a pet peeve and the loosd or lose?

That said, i hope Dawgs finish 3rd, Bama finished 4th and an outsider like Penn St, Wash, USC, Mich. finishes 2nd. Then Clemson plays Bama with a 35-14 type score. The Dawgs win with a better margin like 38-10 over Michigan. Then the almighty Tigers spank the potty dawgs 48-10!

It would do us justice to whack 2 SEC powers(??? Ha)! I just want to shutup the PFs and local idiots that dont give us credit but otherside of the coin, I would love to get a PAC team and wax them by 5tds just to shut the west coast mouths up as well.

I guesz it dont matter, just win baby!

Re: There= uhm?- They are?

Aug 23, 2019, 7:04 AM

Maybe he was trying to point out WHERE Georgia is going to beat Bama. Suppose he’s outside of the Georgia Dome and was pointing at it. Then it might make cents.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

kind of like loosd or lose? Methinks you meant loose

Aug 23, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to There= uhm?- They are? ]

go easy on the spelling and lingo correction......this is TNet after all

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Knot taking sides, but "There / Their / They're " is

Aug 23, 2019, 2:11 PM

probably the most often misused / misspelled words in all of TNet, as well as the world at large.

What greats me personally more than anything is when somebody says "leave it be" or "leave it go" instead of the proper "Let it be" or "let it go."

Oh well, everyone has there own problems. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knot taking sides, but "There / Their / They're " is

Aug 25, 2019, 2:51 PM

Or when someone says, "What GREATS me personally", instead of "What Grates Me..." LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Knot taking sides, but "There / Their / They're " is

Aug 25, 2019, 5:04 PM

noone istead of none kinda cracks me up a wee bit too.

Re: kind of like loosd or lose? Methinks you meant loose

Aug 25, 2019, 4:25 PM [ in reply to kind of like loosd or lose? Methinks you meant loose ]

I was about to loosd my mind! Ha!

Aug 22, 2019, 11:12 PM

Mine:

Conference Title Games P5:

ACC:
Clemson vs Virginia
Clemson

B1G:
Michigan vs Wisconsin
Michigan

BigXII
Iowa State vs Oklahoma
Iowa State

Pac12:
Utah vs Washington
Utah

SEC:
Alabama vs Georgia
Alabama

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Michigan
4. Utah

Aug 22, 2019, 11:59 PM

Ooooh, somebody is not impressed with Jalen Hurts, nor with Ryan Day's coaching.

I'm not sold on Iowa St (or anybody else in the Big XII), but otherwise i like your picks, Rhettm.

Aug 23, 2019, 12:48 AM

Ohio State will be starting a new QB who played no real snaps at UGA, they’re replacing most of skill positions and a new young coach, I see a 9-3 regular season.

Oklahoma, J. Hurts will not be the starter at the end of the season, he’s not an elite passer. Plus they have to replace 4 drafted NFL OL.

Aug 23, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: My top 4 playoff team. And Alabama isn’t in it. ]

I agree with your match ups and winners.

Oklahoma and Texas are getting too much love. They will be okay this year, but they each have too many holes to fill.

Aug 23, 2019, 12:34 AM

I agree, I think this is Georgia's year to win the SEC. Oregon is my surprise team of the year.

1. Clemson
2. Georgia
3. Oregon
4. Texas

Peach Bowl: Clemson Vs. Texas
Fiesta Bowl: Georgia Vs. Oregon

Sugar Bowl: Clemson Vs. Georgia

Aug 23, 2019, 4:57 AM

Alabama will have to lose two games to be locked out of the playoff. I do not agree with this but, it is reality. Assuming Georgia beats them in the SEC title game, where is the second loss? Will have to be either LSU, Auburn, or Texas A@M. Are either of these three teams ready to take out Alabama? I am not seeing it this year. And to add a side note, if Georgia loses to Alabama again this year, Kirby's seat is going to get real hot. My friends and neighbors are foaming at their little dawg mouths over our two recent titles. Kirby needs to win it all or he will be gone.

Aug 23, 2019, 6:53 AM

It’s always great to hear my fellow fans’ friends who root for rivals foam with jealousy over Clemson. Especially when they’re SEC fans.

Aug 23, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: My top 4 playoff team. And Alabama isn’t in it. ]

I disagree.

The talking heads--including our friend Herbie--can blather all they want about the "CFP should be comprised of the 4 best teams, period". But the Selection Committee has always gotten it right (IMO) that the CCGs are elimination games--even if that forces a non-division champ into the #4 spot.

You cannot lose in December and yet play for the natty in January. That has been true since the CFP began. And I'll stand by it even if a 9-3 UVa team upsets a 12-0 Tiger team this year.

I know the bias toward Bama is strong. Just like you, last year i heard a ton of dawg whining about how GA deserved to get into the CFP based on their 58-minute performance against Bama, and because a couple talkers said so. The SC thought different. And that's what i told all my Dawg-whining friends: 'if you don't want to leave your destiny in the hands of the SC, next time just win the game.'

I think they expected me to be sympathetic. Dumb Dawgs.

Aug 23, 2019, 11:03 AM

Agree 100% with you. I hate the knuckleheads who beat the "Four best teams" drum. It is about the 4 best teams but those team are determined by who wins games in the regular season and championship games. The "Four Best Teams" are about an "eye test" which is code for "the teams that fit my narrative." The SEC runner up might be a really good team. But if you decided to take a week off and lose a game, inshallah dude. Enjoy the Citrus Bowl and watching the CFP on TV.

The CFP should be about champions....not runners up.

Aug 23, 2019, 11:04 AM

I meant "not about the eye test"

I think Oregon is way overrated. Their playoff hopes are

Aug 23, 2019, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: My top 4 playoff team. And Alabama isn’t in it. ]

going to be over by the end of next weekend.

Aug 23, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: My top 4 playoff team. And Alabama isn’t in it. ]

I'm with you on some of that. Would be nice to get Pac-12 back into it with either Utah or Oregon. Heck even the real USC but that's highly unlikely. Besides my Tigers, I just want new blood. Some Penn State or Michigan or Wisconsin types, maybe Texas would be fun. If SEC team, Florida or LSU maybe.

Penn State makes a lot more sense next year.

Aug 23, 2019, 8:11 AM

This is going to be the worst Penn State team since 2015.

If the SECCG comes down to Alabama-UGA, which it should,

Aug 23, 2019, 8:17 AM

And both teams come out of it 12-1, both of them will be put in the playoff. It's just going to happen no matter how unfair it is.

That's why I'm hoping at least one of them loses before then

Aug 23, 2019, 1:39 PM

Better yet, both of them lose in the regular season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely.

Aug 25, 2019, 1:32 PM

I mean, I hope both teams lose several times during the season. Not going to happen, but a man can dream.

1. Clemson 2. Alabama 3. Texas 4. Oregon***

Aug 23, 2019, 8:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 8:25 AM

#4 is so wrong, it makes your other choices look bad.

FYI: The winner of the Nebraska/OSU game will win the Big 10, and PSU won't even be close. I predict NE to win the Big 10 if that helps.

Don't forget about Utah/Washington to win the Pac 12, and that team will probably be undefeated, so they might make it this year.

When ND beats UGA, and Bama loses to TAMU, then the SEC won't be in the CFP this year. Yep - dat's right.

Aug 23, 2019, 8:42 AM

1. Clemson 13-0
2. Oklahoma 13-0
3. Alabama 12-1
4. Washington 12-1

Clemson vs OU in the final.

1. I want Chris Peterson back in the play-off - they are rebuilding but might be ahead of schedule kinda like Clemson in 2017. I want to play them as it would be a fun game. Hurts gets revenge against a "tired" Alabama.

I am not sold on Utah and the Pac 12. Mostly because their recruiting ranking have been mostly in the 30s and 40s vs Washington in the teens. Washington is in the window of class recruiting top 15ish that makes a playoff run plausible.

B10 can't get anyone in as their best team is 10-3 with a upset in their CCG. Jawja is sitting out at 11-2 again.

Aug 23, 2019, 8:52 AM

1. Clemson
2. Ohio State
3. Georgia
4. Oklahoma
Dark Horse - Alabama

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Aug 23, 2019, 8:54 AM

Clemson
Bama
Oregon
Michigan

Aug 23, 2019, 11:08 AM

Mine is:

Clemson
Bama
O-31SU
Oregon

Big 10- like others said, I'm not sold on Day's coaching or Fields. However, talent-wise, they seem to always be able to win that conference. I do not think Harbaugh is a good coach and I think they beat Michigan. The other division in that conference is not good. They will look better than they are and get whooped by Bama in the playoff

Big 12- I agree, Hurts is not an elite QB. Oklahoma only wins with offense and they are taking a major hit from last season. I predict they lose to Texas AND someone else this year. Likewise, I think Texas ends with 2 losses. This could allow UGA to sneak in with ANOTHER conference loss to Bama but...

Pac 12- Is awful. Truly awful. There is not a team there that I would be remotely worried about. However, Oregon gets the gift of playing Auburn. This is a win that will be looked upon much more than it should bc 1. Auburn is not Good 2. Auburn is in the SEC and any win against an SEC west team will be gifted with more credit than they deserve. Add onto the fact they'll play a ranked Washington team, maybe WSU again, and they have a couple wins over moderately (though over ranked) teams AND are undefeated AND taking a team from the PAC-12 will be favorable as they have been left out for several years (this shouldn't matter but you know it will).

Ultimately, it all comes down to this: WIN BABY WIN!!!
BEAT GA TECH!!!
GO TIGERS, SPOT THE BALL!!!

Aug 23, 2019, 11:24 AM

Am I the only one that really only wants Bama to win the SEC? I cannot stand Georgia. As a territorial rival for both recruits and notoriety, I hope they swim in the kiddy pool with the coots and watch big boy football from home in January. Beating that cream of the crop homer ridden school will always be the best feeling. Not to mention, it must #### every other SEC school off knowing the futility they have against them. Oh, and it's a double whammy for UofSC fans as beating them then beating their "backup" school in the playoff just feels right

Aug 23, 2019, 11:51 AM

So, UGA is being given their game with ND? Not so fast, ND can beat UGA. I know it's between the hedges but UGA gave ND all the bulletin board material they need on Twitter during the CFP.

Clemson. Oregon. Texas. LSU. In that order.

Aug 23, 2019, 1:11 PM

The pressure on Bama - Tua and Nick especially - this season is at an unprecedented level. The massive pile of excuses propagated by themselves and SEC homer media will eat away at their psyche and composure. With a slew of new faces in critical coaching roles to boot, once adversity strikes (i.e. getting punched in the mouth or out-schemed in games), I don't believe the foundation is in place to handle it well. BV has shown SEC coaches a blueprint to attacking Tua and their vaunted O - it will be exposed, regardless of their obscene talent level.

The B1G champ will have 2 losses, putting them behind an LSU team with perhaps 2 losses but an SEC crown over UGA or Florida. UGA seems poised, but no matter how good Fromm might be, their WR corps has so little experience that it will catch up with them (watch for an upset early vs ND).

OK just doesn't have the defense in place to protect against the invariable shootouts that the B12 produces, and I look for them to drop 2 also and perhaps even miss their conference title game.

That's my take at least. Let the games begin.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're all crazy to think bama isn't in the top 4...

Aug 23, 2019, 1:22 PM

just my opnion

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah...probably just wishful thinking!!***

Aug 23, 2019, 1:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shirley you can't be sirius. I don't think this is the year

Aug 23, 2019, 2:24 PM

that Not So Smart gets Lil Nicky. Also, Penn State will always find a way to screw up their playoff chances. BIG rep will probably be 0310 State yet again.

The only real "change" I see in the usual suspects is that Bevo may Hook the Schooners this year.
So, my four would be:

#1 Alabama (The SEC hype train will flip us and them at some point during the season, counting on it.)

#2 Clemson (Just where I want us to be going into the playoffs. Let Bama have all the press ahead of time.)

#3 0310 State (I put them here because the "defense optional Big12 will barely squeak in at #4)

#4 Texas (Herman's Munsters get their first taste of the Big Time, although it will be a short stay.)

Final Two is of course Clemson / Bama V.

We come out smoking, unleashing all the yearlong frustration of not getting Bams's respect despite the historic beatdown we put on them last time. I suspect we score more this time around. You can bet we don't take a knee at the end of a 10 minute drive if it comes to that.

Clemson wins, once again leaving no doubt in anybody's mind as to who the better team is, except for the delusional pachyderms. They will begin to sound like Coots after this one. "Wait 'till NEXT year!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic