Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts the morning after....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

My thoughts the morning after....

Sep 4, 2016, 8:55 AM

Going on the road in a hostile environment of a team known to give great teams problems on the first week of the season and walking away with a win is always good. (If you don't believe me ask LSU and OKLAHOMA)

Also as weird as Auburn's offense looked, the constant changing of QBs and offensive packages brought a lot more for our young defense to adjust to in game also.

Auburn's defense, as advertised before the game, was their strength, and MAY prove to be a really good unit. Time will tell.

Deshawn didn't appear as confident in his team to me. I'm not sure if I'm reading that right, but maybe something has shaken his confidence in a few playmakers early, maybe too much talk from our coaches about not making costly mistakes that would give Auburns fans fuel and improve their chances of an upset....maybe some of the early failed concentration and execution such as Leggett...either way, I think a combination of playing a potentially really good defense with our first game issues on the road explains it....
Now to coaching.
My only comment would be on Dabos decision not to kick the field goal t go up two scores and his comments on it after the game.
In my opinion.....it was easily one of the dumbest calls I've ever seen and I wish he would just acknowledge it and move on.
He said he was playing the odds...if you look at likeliness of our making a field goal from the 17 (34 yard attempt) as well as the yards Auburn gained against our defense in the second half, playing the odds would have kicked the fg, giving Auburn the ball back with 45 seconds trailing by 2 scores (22 to 13).
I believe he saw Walkman staying in bounds and him running the clock down to 2 seconds then using his last timeout to kick the fg, but when Y'all man ran out of bounds, he made a bone head decision and it nearly cost his team an opening season road win....
All in all. Winning is always good, winning over an SEC team is better, even more so in their place.
I'm glad we're in a place to not like close wins, but never want to forget how just a few years back this would have been a LOSS!
Congrats and Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corrections:

Sep 4, 2016, 8:59 AM

Gallman, not Walkman or y'all man.
Also I was referring to Dabos bone head decision to NOT kick nearly costing his team the game, not Gallman.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts the morning after....

Sep 4, 2016, 9:30 AM

Spot on analysis---agree with everything you said, especially the part about not losing these kinds of games like in the past. I was there in 2010 when we gave that one away. I did think this was SCELLIOTT's worst play calling game. Kind of reminded me of Louisville last year. Seems like play calling is not aggressive and they play to not lose against good teams on the road. It sure wasn't the play to win game plan we saw against Alabama in the Nat'l Championship. Hope they don't repeat this game plan in Tallahassee....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Very much like Louisville except

Sep 4, 2016, 9:39 AM

against a very good defensive front. Biggest thing is we really did not get much going up the middle and that limited us a bit. Shouldnt have, because we do have TEs and throwing over the middle is allowed, but hey, a win is a win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic