Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts regarding the DRad interview...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 3,234

My thoughts regarding the DRad interview...

Mar 28, 2017, 4:34 PM

First off, davidhood®, I appreciate you working to appease the masses (idiots though they may be). And I suppose, if anyone is going to do an unnecessary interview, I’m glad it’s you. I know you’re just doing your job.

But, beyond that…I have problems. Mostly with the fact that a few entitled trolls and perpetual complainers have brought this about. And it’s not like the whole thing has been cloaked in secrecy.

DRad and Brad have ALREADY made public interviews and statements on the matter. The meetings are OVER, and the decision has been made. Clemson has already released what they’re going to say on the matter.

But…because a few people, most of which probably don’t go to games, don’t donate and don’t do anything other than whine behind their keyboards…we have to placate them.

You know what…I hope those who demanded this absurdity get NO ANSWERS. I hope DRad dances around every question like he was running for POTUS. I hope you are not satisfied with this unjustified demand to publicize a sensitive matter.

This isn’t how Clemson does things, and if you’re in the group who made the demand for this…shame on you. Grow the #### up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts regarding the DRad interview...

Mar 28, 2017, 4:45 PM

What public interviews has Drad done since the decision to keep Brownell? Brownell has not been seen doing interviews since the NIT game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2017, 4:47 PM

DRad:
http://www.postandcourier.com/sports/with-brad-brownell-definitively-returning-clemson-athletic-director-dan-radakovich/article_6b22eb38-0f4c-11e7-9c6f-3bb363b3aa77.html

Brownell:
http://theclemsoninsider.com/2017/03/18/brownell-it-was-a-very-productive-meeting/

You, are one of the idiots. Congrats.

Mar 28, 2017, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts regarding the DRad interview... ]

Pathetic little troll cant even get his facts right.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 28, 2017, 4:52 PM

You dont really believe that they are doing this interview because of what people say on message boards do you? I'm trying to understand what you are saying, but I think an AD for a major college is used to being interviewed by now. I don't think he is being forced to do anything

Mar 28, 2017, 4:54 PM

You call that addressing the questions. I read both articles and they left out a lot of details. Neither Drad or Brownell has been on their best defender WCCP or on newscenter 4 or news channel 7 in Spartanburg. It's easy to control a one person interview. At a real press conference you can't control which questions might be asked.

Mar 28, 2017, 4:59 PM

You're a fool if you think you're going to get more answers. This is a private matter, and you're acting like an entitled spoiled brat about it.

Edit: you said "it's easy to control a one person interview." - so, when you don't get what you want (someone's head on a platter)...you're already setting it up to scream conspiracy. Got it.

Message was edited by: CtLiEgMeSrOsN®

Mar 28, 2017, 5:05 PM

Yep Tiger Michael is a pathetic loser.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: My thoughts regarding the DRad interview... ]

Clemson University is a public university. Brownell is a state employee in a high profile job. His contract and any extensions are not secret. You can do a underachieving job and most people will ever know. Being a coach in a major sport at a Power 5 school is not a private job. Your job performance is based on a season of wins and losses. Next year we all will know if Drads gamble pays off. How the team does on the court will prove if Brownell can win big enough at Clemson.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:13 PM

And it will come out. But never before has an AD publicly commented on contract details, so you can take it and shove it.

Your problem is you don't want explanations, none will satisfy you. You want vengeance because you're a pathetic person. Anything short of you hearing he's fired or forced into a bad contract won't make you happy. You wanna see someone suffer. That's pretty sad man.

Mar 28, 2017, 6:30 PM

Bingo

I tend to agree...

Mar 28, 2017, 4:55 PM

The fact the Coach Brownell was retained pretty much tells us all we need to know.

Anything else DRad might have to say is just lip service so why bother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I tend to agree...

Mar 28, 2017, 4:58 PM

Exactly

Mar 28, 2017, 5:02 PM [ in reply to I tend to agree... ]

Why bother? We are entitled to the truth. Nothing has been said by Drad about any extension given Brownell or if the buyout has been reduced. Nothing has been said by Drad about any changes required in the program. How does Drad view the state of the Program and its future? Let's see what he says and does not say.

"We are entitled to the truth"

You are not entitled to jack #### chicken boy.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Re: I tend to agree... ]

You're not entitled to crap.

Point. . .

Mar 28, 2017, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: I tend to agree... ]

"We are ENTITLED to the truth. " Two questions:
Why? Or what entitles us?
And, what have we heard that is not the truth?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This should go over well*****

Mar 28, 2017, 5:02 PM

Re: This should go over well*****

Yeah, all the people upset that they are clueless to the fact interviews have already happened are going to be in TD rage mode.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:16 PM

When more successful basketball coaches are fired at other schools this past season and we keep a coach who has made only 1 NCAA tournament, you bet there are questions. Would any other school want Brownell as basketball coach besides us?

Mar 28, 2017, 5:18 PM

do you actually work or go to f'n school?? or do you just troll around poasts all day making asinine statements? tia

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Mar 28, 2017, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Re: This should go over well***** ]

I also have questions. I just realize that some things are none of my business.

And, maybe, just maybe, DRad noticed that lots of schools were in the market for a basketball coach and knew this wasn't the year for Clemson to go shopping for a new one. You probably never thought beyond your own selfish reasoning though, so I'm sure this hasn't entered your head.

"It was incredibly good, high quality ACC basketball."

Mar 28, 2017, 5:15 PM

That pretty much says it all right there.

What more can he say?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "It was incredibly good, high quality ACC basketball."

Mar 28, 2017, 5:20 PM

We know that was not true. The ACC was manhandled in the NCAA tournament. The league was overrated and a finesse league. No one not even Drad or the Brownell supporters believe that this team played high quality ACC basketball.

Re: "It was incredibly good, high quality ACC basketball."

Mar 28, 2017, 5:35 PM

uh huh - right ####

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

he actually said that?***

Mar 28, 2017, 5:34 PM [ in reply to "It was incredibly good, high quality ACC basketball." ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. He also said

Mar 28, 2017, 5:40 PM

"if you were a season ticket holder, you were highly entertained."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

obviously he talked to other people about this job....

Mar 28, 2017, 5:29 PM

obviously he couldn't get a bite and was forced to walk back and keep who he's got...there's no way an administrator with two programs winning at a top five level can with a straight face say he's happy with the direction of basketball unless Brad is his fall back position....no way. He's making the best of a bad situation this year in the hope that it turns around or there's a better guy who will take the job next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: obviously he talked to other people about this job....

Mar 28, 2017, 5:31 PM

That's our only hope.

he obviously did NOT talk to anyone else.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:33 PM [ in reply to obviously he talked to other people about this job.... ]

He had no plans to make a change and was totally unprepared to do so.

His plan all along was at least one more year of Brownell. Given that next year is going to be worse than this year, it appears the plan is for at least two more years.

Re: he obviously did NOT talk to anyone else.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:34 PM

You are spouting nonsense as if you know it to be fact.

It's an opinion

Mar 28, 2017, 5:36 PM

dumb ####.

Re: It's an opinion

Mar 28, 2017, 5:59 PM

You are not stating it as an opinion

Mar 28, 2017, 6:00 PM

you are one dumb ####.

Mar 28, 2017, 6:32 PM

Cool retort sorry for calling you out on your bull ####.

You and your boy Tiger Michael have done NOTHING but spam the board with anti Bball #### the past several weeks.

You are garbage.

The irony is that my post was proven correct by DRad's

Mar 28, 2017, 7:13 PM

interview.

Dumb ####.

Re: The irony is that my post was proven correct by DRad's

Mar 28, 2017, 7:19 PM

Regarding being proven right, I just have a simple question...

If DRad went after Will Wade hard and got laughed at...you really think he would admit it in an interview? Okay then.

Do you really think DRad had only one option?

Mar 28, 2017, 7:26 PM

Do you really think that any legitimate AD would only have one name on his replacement list and if it didn't work out, he would stick with the coach he wanted to replace? Surely, DRad is not that stupid and ill prepared.

It was an informative interview that revealed a lot about the thinking of our Athletic Director.

Re: Do you really think DRad had only one option?

Mar 28, 2017, 7:29 PM

Like I said earlier, I actually think DRad saw a very competive coaching search and smartly decided to hold em instead of calling.

There were/are a lot of programs with a much more attractive basketball program looking for coaches. We'd have been stupid to enter the fray this year.

But again, he's not gonna say stuff like that. The interview was nothing more than lip service Chuck. Sorry to disappoint you.

There will be a lot of programs next year and every year.

Mar 28, 2017, 7:36 PM

It's stupid to use that as a reason for inaction. You will forever be paralyzed by the actions of others that you have no control over.

I thought DRad gave a very convincing argument that he had no intention of letting Brad go and, in fact, intends to give him at least two more years with the renovated Littlejohn to see if he can change the direction of the program.

Re: There will be a lot of programs next year and every year.

Mar 28, 2017, 7:36 PM

Very convincing is his job Chuck...lol. He could say the sky is green and be convincing about it.

And you're reading it in a message board man. How do you even really know how convincing he was or was not?

I watched the DRad interview. Perhaps you should watch it

Mar 28, 2017, 7:45 PM

first. Then we can have an informed discussion about it. :)

Re: I watched the DRad interview. Perhaps you should watch it

Mar 28, 2017, 7:58 PM

I probably will watch, and you got me there. Haven't seen the video yet.

I never really needed the interview though man, never needed to be convinced. So, I'm having a discussion I'm confident I'm informed enough to have.

maybe so...I believe he did but wasn't prepared with the

Mar 28, 2017, 5:35 PM [ in reply to he obviously did NOT talk to anyone else. ]

salary that it would require to hire someone of quality so he's stuck with what he has. Either way we're stuck with Brad for another year.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:36 PM [ in reply to he obviously did NOT talk to anyone else. ]

Then I pity the next coach . If you are talking two years under Brownell, we are looking at a repeat of the Shyatt years. This program will
hit rock bottom.

Mar 28, 2017, 5:40 PM [ in reply to he obviously did NOT talk to anyone else. ]

I believe it was reported elsewhere that we did not go after anyone else.

I'm not convinced that ever happened.***

Mar 28, 2017, 5:44 PM [ in reply to obviously he talked to other people about this job.... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

if he didn't it's more of a reflection on him than Brad***

Mar 28, 2017, 6:09 PM

Nice Condescending Post...Feel Better Now?***

Mar 28, 2017, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice Condescending Post...Feel Better Now?***

Mar 28, 2017, 5:53 PM

No!

Mar 28, 2017, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Nice Condescending Post...Feel Better Now?*** ]

Lol, funny coming from you Morbid.

Mar 28, 2017, 6:10 PM

The condescending one is Drad thinking that we believe this spin. Enjoy our excellent football and baseball programs . The winter sports will leave a lot to desire.

Touché sir***

Mar 28, 2017, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Nice Condescending Post...Feel Better Now?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 3,234
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic