Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on the sec... long.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

My thoughts on the sec... long.

Jan 2, 2015, 9:55 AM

How long will it go on? How long will the ESPN propaganda machine keep spinning? I’ll be the first to say that I am not an Ohio State fan but with their win last night, that means that the TOP 5 teams in the SEC WEST lost their bowl game. Let me give you a quick recap from the way I see it….

1. alabama lost to Ohio State -OSU played with their 3rd string QB and still managed to amass 537 total yards of offense. alabama was ranked the #1 team in the county by all ranking services.
2. mississippi state lost to Georgia Tech -Tech ran the bowl down State’s throat rushing for 452 yards and throwing for 125. The SEC boasts its defense but giving up 452 yards on the ground is nothing to be proud of. Welcome to the triple option.
3. ole miss got crushed by TCU- Not even a game. TCU won this game during the coin toss. Here is my favorite stat for ole miss, the team that took down the mighty alabama and mississippi state, get ready….ole miss totaled 9 yards rushing in the entire game!!! How is that even possible? ole miss gained a total of 129 yards for the entire game. TCU gained more than 3 times the amount of total yards than their inferior opponent.
4. auburn lost to Wisconsin- Reminder: Wisconsin got beat by Ohio State 2 weeks ago, 59-0. So coming off an 59 point beat down, all Wisconsin did was rush for 400 yards, total 521 yards, and have their leading rusher break the Outback Bowl records for rushing yards in a game.
5. lsu lost to Notre Dame- Notre Dame started their 2nd string QB and still totaled 449 yards of total offense. Enough said.

At separate points during this season, alabama was ranked #1, mississippi state was ranked #1, and the sec west had 3 teams in the top 5. All 5 sec teams listed above were ranked and lost their bowl games. We heard all year how the sec west was by far the best conference in the country. Also consider that the sec east got swept by their in state rivals for the first time since 2000. Louisville beat kentucky, Florida State beat florida, Clemson beat scar, and Georgia Tech beat georgia. sec schools don’t get their names capitalized anymore.

So again I ask, how long will the machine keep on spinning?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What's funny is this AM, Espn is saying not to read too much

Jan 2, 2015, 10:07 AM

into bowl games. Players may be wanting to avoid injury, thinking of the NFL draft, etc.

Yet, SEC bowl wins was a big piece of "evidence" ESPN put out there as justification for why the SEC is head and shoulders above every other conference - and especially the conference the SEC recruits most head-to-head with: the ACC.

Don't they realize how obvious they are??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: What's funny is this AM, Espn is saying not to read too much

Jan 2, 2015, 10:14 AM

Well, when players like Clowney and Mike Davis refuse to give at least the appearance of being interested in winning for their university instead of "saving themselves"for the NFL becomes and accepted excuse for losing.... CFB as we know it SHOULD QUIT!!! What a stupid line of crap eSECpn is pushing to cover theirs and the sec(purposely in small letters) @SSES!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They don't care

Jan 2, 2015, 10:43 AM [ in reply to What's funny is this AM, Espn is saying not to read too much ]

Just like politics, the masses will believe whatever the media is selling.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: My thoughts on the sec... long.

Jan 2, 2015, 10:09 AM

Well ESPN signed a huge $$ contract with them until 2034, so I'd say quite a while yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are spot on

Jan 2, 2015, 10:26 AM

They have read their press clippings, complacency has set in, and they have gotten fat and irrelevant hype believers and it is a comedy show to watch. I don't like Paul Johnson much, never have liked Urban Meyer, but they both pointed out so eloquently that their teams shoved the yards, points, and effort up the $EC's ###. Johnson with the classic quote after the game about not hearing about the $EC for a week and Meyer telling his team that they just beat "the best team in the world, from the best conference the world has ever seen"....LOL. You bet you last dime there are AD's, HC's, Boosters, etc., from all over the $EC this AM taking tranquilizers trying to figure out what just happened. Alabama, LSU, Georgia all run an NFL style offense that has gotten so easy to figure out if you have athletes on defense that play disciplined football and can hit you in the mouth. Georgia looked good in the bowl but they are underachieving also considering what they have NFL talentwise. Miles had better open his offense up otherwise they are crashing. I'll say this for Saban, the guy takes it on the chin and faces it. The other HC's in that league have gotten fat and happy and think that they can run outdated offenses with talent running all over the field and beat anyone. Miles, Freeze and the rest of that overrated crew along with that "nation" of fans and programs are in need of counseling along with the Chicken fans who got it on the chin during the season AND from the Tigers. That's too much for them to take.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic