Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on the Bball situation...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,150

My thoughts on the Bball situation...

Jan 14, 2015, 11:18 AM

Brownell has had long enough to recruit his guys and get things going. He just hasn't done it. I was hopeful last night for a real breakthrough. Didn't happen. I will still support this team b/c they are Tigers, but I think Brownell might need to go.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just speculating, but I think it is understood that

Jan 14, 2015, 11:32 AM

outside of a huge-name coach like Pitino, Krzyzewski, etc., none of which would come to Clemson, no coach can be expected to recruit at a high level here given our aged facilities and lack of tradition. I think that's one reason OP moved on, and I suspect Brownell has had that conversation more than once with our AD and admin. I think Brownell has made the case and been given some assurance that he will be given a chance, barring a complete collapse of the program, to prosper in a new environment consisting of a new arena and a renewed commitment to the program from the powers that be.

On the other hand, we need to show some improvement, and even if it is not totally fair to Brownell, the timing may just be wrong for him at Clemson, and it may be wise at some point to move in another direction to breathe new life into the program.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I think OPIE moved on because little booker and jennings...

Jan 14, 2015, 11:35 AM

were going to get his ### fired pretty soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he knew he had peaked at CU.***

Jan 14, 2015, 11:36 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think OPIE moved on because little booker and jennings...

Jan 14, 2015, 11:43 AM [ in reply to I think OPIE moved on because little booker and jennings... ]

I knew it all came back to Jennings fault wise. Sort of the Stoudt of hoops. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish that we could get Ben Howland here...........

Jan 14, 2015, 11:51 AM

I think that he may be unemployed?? With a new arena coming and the program looking rough, we need to approach these type of coaches. BB may be a good coach, but I don't think he can take us consistently to the next level, IMHO. It's time for a bigtime coach. Howland is one!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,150
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic