Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
UGA seems to be getting the vast
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

UGA seems to be getting the vast

Jun 9, 2014, 12:46 AM

Majority of respect this year for our game with them and that leaves me a tad confused. I know they recruit well but honestly , as good as tahj was... Wasn't stoudt pretty solid? The few times I saw him, I never felt he was inadequate. I see him as efficient. Add that to a strong defense and shouldn't we be getting more respect?

I know we could easily lose in Athens but couldn't we just as easily go down there and embarrass UGA ? Same with FSU. Seems to me that potentially we could win some big games this year if we have a couple key positions play well.

I could see 9-3 but isn't 12-0 regular season just as possible with a little good fortune? I'm sure the spread is UGA all the way but to me, anything but a toss up would be foolish.

My gut tells me we go 11-1 regular season and we split UGA and FSU. But all this UGA love seems silly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My thoughts exactly. Can't wait to watch this D.******

Jun 9, 2014, 1:26 AM

Re: UGA seems to be getting the vast

Jun 9, 2014, 3:56 AM

If we had to chose a win between UGA or FSU. Who would be your choice for the win? I would chose the win over FSU, without a doubt!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, without a doubt...***

Jun 9, 2014, 4:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2014, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA seems to be getting the vast ]

I'd choose both. No brainer

Jun 9, 2014, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA seems to be getting the vast ]

Yes, I'd take a W over FSU for sure which puts us in the ACC title hunt and could vault us into the playoff. If we're saying we have to lose one game I would only wish we don't lose badly like we did against FSU. That should never happen.

Jun 9, 2014, 7:05 AM

Cole played mop up duty when other teams had given up. You have a chance to win in Athens but no chance to embarrass them.

Cole had quite a few meaningful snaps actually.

Jun 9, 2014, 7:28 AM

You are wrong. Tajh was never out for more than a drive in any of the games, but when he was Cole stepped in and handled the offense just fine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Do I remember him taking us on the game winning drive

Jun 9, 2014, 11:12 AM

against a BC team a while back when Tajh got nicked up?

Re: Do I remember him taking us on the game winning drive

Jun 9, 2014, 11:49 AM

We were up by like 30 when Tajh came out. It certainly wasn't game winning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OP aside, I don't think anyone is thinking we will

Jun 9, 2014, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: UGA seems to be getting the vast ]

embarrass uga. They are a good team, no matter what issues they are going through.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2014, 7:23 AM

We have the type of players and coaches to win both games. That is all you can ask. We start 3-0 .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2014, 7:45 AM

Cole will shock the world. He has the skills and genes to be a top NFL qb. If he starts that means he is better than a 5* player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2014, 8:26 AM

They will get the benefit of their conference affiliation. MR has no excuse for not doing well every year. They have great facilities, plenty of money in their program, boosters who will do whatever they must, and they seem to have little regard to character when recruiting. All that said, they thought they would win last year, too. They are a good team, but so are we. It ought to be a great game and one we certainly are capable of winning, even against another mighty sec team.

It happens every year...and then reality sets in.***

Jun 9, 2014, 8:28 AM

Jun 9, 2014, 8:29 AM

This is a year for Clemson to make the big leagues.

People across the country have seen Clemson win and know Tajh Sammy nuk etc are gone. Like it or not a 9 point underdog to a team that lost a 4 year starter at qb screams no respect for rebuilding and a high pre season ranking says the experts think Clemson will dominate the majority of the schedule. The experts also think a 9-3 tp 15 Clemson team will still be in the top of the country but lose their 3 toughest games.

It is just people's opinions but hey that's why they play the game. This year sets up for Clemson to do big things. They expected Sammy and Tajh to win nobody out side of Clemson expects cole to win the big ones. It is laid out perfectly to go in loose and ready to play well!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the respect they are getting is due to thier

Jun 9, 2014, 10:30 AM

RB's coming back. Both teams lost QB's and WR's, but only Clemson lost its starting RB. Without a doubt, Marshall and Gurley will be the difference makers in the game.

As long as our DLine and LB's can slow them down while the offense gets its feet under them, we will be okay.

31-28 Tigers

Few gave Auburn a chance at the beginning of last year***

Jun 9, 2014, 11:11 AM

beating a healthy UGA in Athens is no small task

Jun 9, 2014, 11:12 AM

UGA was very close to being as strong as Clemson last year...before a plague of injuries hit them that resembled nothing so much as a plague of locusts landing on the field.

They did not lose as much as Clemson this past offseason. They did lose Aaron Murry, and they've "transferred" a bunch of their secondary guys to Louisville due to off-the-field stuff...their biggest hit, by a mile, is the fact that they lost 4 offensive line starters, which is not going to help them at all against Clemson's DL.

They do return Gurley - who is the #1 RB in college football when he's healthy - and Marshall...and we lost two starting LB's, which means that if their replacements are a little hesitant, or do not instantly find the right fits at the LOS, we're going to see some replays of Gurley's first touch, which took him 75 yards for a TD. They also return what was a very good fleet of wide receivers, and Hutson Mason got some games at the end of last year and is a fifth-year senior to boot...their offense may struggle some because of the OL, but they still return a lot more skill than Clemson does.

And make no mistake...while Clemson has some very good replacement talent on hand, starting in Athens and then again in Tally two weeks later is about the worst possible schedule we could have gotten...also getting Louisville and UNC before the middle of October is not kind either.

We're replacing our starting QB, our starting RB, both of our top wideouts, and our starting LT. Those are huge losses and you can't really minimize them, especially when you consider how much guys like Watkins and Boyd meant to Clemson the last few years. And the schedule is horribly front-loaded...at exactly the worst time for us.

If Clemson's coaches manage to go 11-1, they've been masterful. Georgia should beat us. FSU should beat us. UNC and Louisville are losable games. UNC has a ton of talent, and people who don't know how good a play-caller Petrino is yet certainly will soon...actually I'd put him even with or better than Spurrier, who is one of the best play-callers of all time. Dude is a scumbag, but he can flat-out coach some football....

You selling stamps? Sounds like we're going to need a bunch***

Jun 9, 2014, 11:19 AM

Solid, realistic post.

Jun 9, 2014, 11:52 AM [ in reply to beating a healthy UGA in Athens is no small task ]

One small correction though. UGA loses 3 starting OL not 4.

K. Gates, D. Lee, and C. Burnette graduated and moved on. D. Andrews who started at center, and J. Theus and K. Houton who co-started at RT will all return.

Still, you are correct that the OL is the biggest question mark on the offensive side for UGA. Mason will be more than adequate as long as the OL is able to protect him well enough.

I was with you until "Same with FSU", the percentage

Jun 9, 2014, 11:34 AM

chance in these two is totally different. I think the uga game is 50/50, FSU is a long shot.

Georgia is extremely overrated this preseason!***

Jun 9, 2014, 11:37 AM

According to Vegas, by almost 2 TDs....(according to me)***

Jun 9, 2014, 11:38 AM

Jun 9, 2014, 11:42 AM

They did last year

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic