Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So I never use TCI...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,717

So I never use TCI...

Aug 27, 2015, 10:40 PM

But I did reference it recently. I hear a lot of jokes about their inadequate reporting and what not....my question is, what specific instances do yall remember that gives them such a bad rap? From the sounds of it, there should be quite a few lol.

TIA in advance

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My think is they act like a teenage girl 80% of the time.

Aug 27, 2015, 11:00 PM

If you speak against their opinions, they don't try and listen to where you are coming from. They just get all defensive and tell you to stop reading their site or kick you off. Like for instance, when Jack Leggett got fired. Multiple posters on that site said they think its best for the program ultimately and maybe firing Jack just had to be done. The writers then went off defending JL because he was wrongfully terminated and treated bad according to their "sources".

Well, they never say where they heard the info from, just assume that DRad is an ### who fired JL after telling him he was safe (which I highly doubt really happened). Many think their source on the meeting was indeed JL himself, angry at his termination. Anyway, the same people on the site who questioned what really happened during the meeting were instantly harassed by the staff, who told them to leave their site if they don't want correct info. It was all childish as h3ll.

You can't have discussions over there on touchy subjects if you have a different opinion or if you question the details of the reporting. Also, if you ask a question on something they previously reported, they give you an @ss response. For example, I go over there and say "What happened to DJ Reader? I hope he gets better with whatever is bothering him. I think it may be his dad's death." Robert M would respond with "As we've reported many times, it is not about his father's death." He always uses that line, as if he thinks you should read his articles 24/7. It rubs me off as he's cocky.

These are the things that bug me, along with the occasional wrong recruiting predictions (see Montravius Adams). But they are good guys who wear the same orange we do, so it's all good.

well... they did jump the gun on the story about newb being

Aug 27, 2015, 11:02 PM

straight

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

They still claim and reference in articles that Deshaun ...

Aug 27, 2015, 11:07 PM

... tore his ACL in the GT game. They refuse to believe that he only sprained his MCL (I think that is what Dabo and others have stated) and then tore the ACL later in practice the next week.

They really made a mess of the fact that Ray Ray went with his dad when his dad took other high school players to other schools for recruiting weekends. Pretty much calling Ray Ray's dad a liar at one point when he denied that Ray Ray was also going to be recruited by the school (instead of the just wanting to spend the weekend with his friends and his dad).

They really let their love of Leggett blind them to the obvious fact that the team was not playing consistently well anymore and had not been for the last 2 or 3 years. They would banter around any number of excuses to deny the obvious.

I don't have the time or desire to scour their message boards to find links to the above, so you can skewer me over that if you like. I'm not a reporter and this isn't investigative journalism. This is just what I have seen when I have used their site. I will admit that when I first discovered it a couple of years ago I would read it (the "Insider Report" had what I thought to be decent information), but they are a bit paranoid and usually become quite hostile to any poster that calls them out when they are obviously in the wrong.

Re: They still claim and reference in articles that Deshaun ...

Aug 27, 2015, 11:33 PM

Ha, no links required...I believe you. I've heard people slam them so much on here that I figured there has to be something up with them.

Re: So I never use TCI...

Aug 27, 2015, 11:20 PM

They continually reported Ray Ray McCloud would be going to Florida leading up to Signing Day. Actual quote: "It doesn't look good for Clemson."

their problem with the Ray Ray situation was blindly

Aug 27, 2015, 11:29 PM

Believing their UF source.

Aug 27, 2015, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: So I never use TCI... ]

Sounds like they were looking for clicks...sorry way to run a site....

Aug 27, 2015, 11:24 PM

Have you ever heard "a wolf in sheeps clothes"? It's fake ### feathered tigers over there. Just my opinion.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,717
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic