Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on the ACC....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,070

My take on the ACC....

Jun 28, 2019, 1:44 PM

Despite poor/pitiful fan support for football at a majority of its members, despite most members focusing on basketball and spend their $$$ there, despite the lack of a dedicated network (up to this point) to increase revenue, the ACC has managed to compare decently with the other conferences. The fact is, the ACC has a perception problem that few national sports outlets care to change. Their narrative is the ACC is a second class football conference compared to the SEC. This narrative will not change until the ACC has their own network, blindly beating the conference drum 24/7/365 like the other”superior” conferences have had for years. I believe this is the danger of touting conferences above schools, I doubt I’ll ever chant ACC!! and it seems like that’s all other conferences underlings, like our feathered loser rival, can grasp on to and make them feel”special.”

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on the ACC....

Jun 28, 2019, 2:24 PM

I like Controversy....so I would like a season where we go undefeated against a weak ACC, then demolish everybody in the playoffs and win the national title....year in, year out.

That is a lot more interesting than us getting crowned during preseason. Look at the entertainment we get today as an example.

How many SEC fans, including SC, are so upset that we play in a "weak" conference? I personally like all the speculation that we get to enjoy...I mean, I would pay money for another angle like:

"Had Clemson played Alabama in October...." That is a pure gem that his hilarious.....we wouldnt get that nugget otherwise.

I wouldn't mind if we chose to beat SC by 1 point for the next eternity! That would produce some really awesome narratives! but the recordbooks don't care

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,070
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic