Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on our Top Prospects
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

My take on our Top Prospects

Jan 14, 2013, 6:50 AM

With NSD just a little over three weeks away I thought I would just post a few thoughts and see what everyone else thinks.

Carl Lawson: WDE 6-3 245
After losing RN and Elijah Daniel we need a big time DE. I know we have Shaw Lawson coming in and also have Dane Rogers signing but Carl Lawson is a big time game changer that when interested you don't pass up. He has opened up his recruiting to the real tigers but has kept his thoughts close to his chest (a POLAR OPPOSITE of RN and I love that ) This one is a top priority and may come down to NSD. I think we have a good shot.

Montravius Adams: DT 6-4 310
In the last few years we have produced some great DT like Jarvis Jenkins. I think we have a great group of guys at DT right now but man would it not be amazing to add Adams in there. He has the talent to contribute right away. He seems really smart kid and lets hope he is and picks Clemson. He plans to announce on NSD. I think we have a shot but a little scared about GA.

MacKensie Alexander: CB 5-10 180
Clemson was short handed at CB this past year and we got exposed and taken advantage of a number of times. We have missed out on two superb CB's already this year in Fuller and Hargreaves. We desperately need an Elite CB and Alexander is our last hope. The good news is Clemson is thought to be in pretty good shape here. I think he comes in and can start right away. He has natural talent that we are missing. WE NEED THIS GUY. I feel like he knows we need him and wants to help. Feeling good here!

Tyrone Crowder: OG 6-1 330
I think anyone who has watched a Clemson game has seen the struggles we have had at OL at some point or another. The beating USC and LSU gave Tajh is a good example. Clemson has struggled at recruiting elite OL because we haven't really produced any to the NFL lately. At 330 lbs I think a good diet and weight training program lets him shed a few pounds but become stronger and faster.Hopefully the time of not signing elite OL is behind us when Crowder signs with us. Im confident he will so I will leave it at that.

and the newest player to the field and kinda a surprise

Asiantii Woulard: Duel QB 6-4 200
Don't know much about him. I took some time to watch some film. He competed to become an Elite 11 QB. He had a groin injury while he was there but worked through it. Apparently he has only be playing QB for a year or so now. He was originally a receiver. He has raw talent and a big time arm. He would be a project for Coach Morris to develop. With Deshaun Watson up in the air do you take a shot with Asiantii? I will leave this up to the Coaches.

These are just a few of the targets we have left on the board but they are all big time. So what is everyone else's thoughts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on our Top Prospects

Jan 14, 2013, 7:28 AM

Great assessment. I think we pick up Adams, Crowder, and Alexander. Lawson is a dark horse to me. He seems like he is committed to the school that gave him a chance. I like that in the kid. He honors what was given to him, but since Chizik left who knows. This new QB is looking like a real keeper if we can snag him. He is the #1 DT QB this year and he is still learning the position if we can get him in behind Boyd, and Kelly and he learns the position he might be able to contribute early. The same thing happen to Anquan Boldin at FSU. He came in as a Dual Threat QB and they already had a QB and he went to WR and he became an All Pro. So the sky is the limit its up to these kids to say if they want to come to Clemson or not. We will see in 3 weeks.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My take on our Top Prospects

Jan 14, 2013, 8:24 AM

I think we have a great shot at Lawson. Not far away from his home and a program on the rise. Adams will have to with stand the pressure of turning down the Dogs. Alexander and Baker would be a great corner combination. I think you have to offer (QB)Woulard and push for a commitment this weekend. This staff offered and has been on Watson for a long time if he is not all in move on I really think the Robinson situation has changed the staff's recruiting philosophy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we land 3 of these guys...just a feeling***

Jan 14, 2013, 8:59 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic